The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Nightblade magic build help

Azalin76
Azalin76
✭✭✭
Hello all, I leveled a red guard nightblade to max level and am currently sitting at 249 champion points. I don't have vigor yet because it takes forever to level to rank 5 to get it. The problem I am having is with survivability. In pvp I noticed that most nb run as magicka and were wrecking me in only a few hits, so I decided to give it a shot. I made a 5 piece purple set of 140 seducer and a 4 piece purple torug set. For weapons I used dw and resto staff. I purchased some cheap 160 rings and neck that were magicka based.

Here is where the problem started, I noticed that my weapon damage was higher than my spell damage (not sure if this affects my damage with my skills). The second thing I noticed was that my skills were doing almost no damage. I was using mage light for spell crit, cloak for the auto crit, and the magic based slash skill in the shadow tree (I think the stam morph is suprise attack). With that combo I was barely doing any damage at all, much less than I was doing as stamina based. I also tried using the magic based aoe that heals us and that was doing next to no damage as well compared to the stamina version.

Does anyone have any suggestions or insight as to what might be going on with my build and why I'm doing so little damage? Any help would be much appreciated.
  • Acsvf
    Acsvf
    ✭✭✭
    Could you post a mybuild screenshot as well as input your ability bar into a calculator and post the link on here?
    @LightArray
    Lightarray Level 50 Dunmer Magicka Templar Healer

CP: 192

Add @Acsvf when quoting me to give me a notification!
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Azalin76 - Hi,

Firstly your damage will not be the best as you are wearing cp140 gear and not cp160 gear,

@blobsky - runs a redguard magicka NB to huge success, link to his channel,

he has a build video with options if you dont have access to his gear,

Firstly you have to commit to the change,
    putting on lower level gear and expecting miracles is not going to happen,

Get willpower arcane rings cp 160,
    make cp160 gear and take it to minimum purple,

do a skill reset and get the right skills,

A half as**d change will not suffice,
    also change your cp,
    this will make huge differences to your damage and survival.

Edited by ZOS_PeterT on June 29, 2016 1:51PM
    PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

• Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vigour is easy to get. You can get it in one day pretty much.

You have to decide do you want to be stamina or magicka nightblade? Your race is best for a stamina build not a magicka, but that doesn't mean you can't be magicka.

Regarding gear, I'm assuming you don't have much mats etc, because of your lvl and exp. So I'd recommend going with CP150 purple armour and if you can get CP160 weapons (makes a big difference) try make weapons gold, armour is ok in purple.

The difference in CP150 and 160 armour is not massive maybe 2-5%, the weapons make a much bigger difference - make them CP160 and Gold but only when you're fully sure of your build.

Suggestion - buy gear to fill that gap. So I'm assuming you don't have lots of gold or mats, sone cheap sets you can buy -

Endurance jewellery - preferably robust if not then healthy (enchant with weapon damage)

4 or 5 piece marksmen - good solid set for stam builds.

3 or 4 piece lekis. Your choice but these sets are relatively cheap and you would be in all CP 160 gear. I recommend using some impen and sharpened on your weapons. This is just a basic setup to get you up and running.
    Edited by Wrecking_Blow_Spam on June 29, 2016 9:54AM
    Xbox one EU
    8 Flawless conquerors on all class specs (4 stam, 4 magicka)
    Doesn't stand in red
  • SlayerTheDragon
    SlayerTheDragon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also prefer a frost staff with Sharpened for PVP.

I open with Destructive Reach (freezes target and the DOT is nice), then SPAM Funnel Health. I only use Concealed Weapon at close range from stealth, and for the movement speed bonus.
    ¤═══¤ People don't like it when you talk to them with your weapon drawn ¤═══¤