The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Returning Player and Stuck Between Stamina DK or Stamina NB

Digital_Bandit
Digital_Bandit
Soul Shriven
I'd love to jump back into the game and start doing some pvp. I'm not so worried about being elite - I just want to have some fun and learn along the way.

I am torn between DK or NB for Stamina. It seems both can 1v1 effectively. Which one has the more engaging play style and offers more to group play when running with friends?

Just asking for opinions. Thank you

I'm really not interested in Templar at this time. I might play a magicka sorc soon as I like the spell effects.. Lightning!
  • Ishammael
    Ishammael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Play the stam DK.
    Much more forgiving and straight forward.

Stamina NB is great, requires much more practice to do it right.
  • VodkaVixen1979
    VodkaVixen1979
    ✭✭✭
    Stam DK is new meta atm. This changes faster than the weather. Best to have a character for each class and each type = 8. You will have a FOTM character no matter what update you are in!
  • Digital_Bandit
    Digital_Bandit
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks, I plan to play each class eventually. Just wanted to get focused on one to get rolling.
  • MaxwellC
    MaxwellC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lol stam DK is far from the "new meta" when I go into Cyrodiil I only see a handful of stam DKs running around. FOTM/Y is currently NBs, people seem to think because two dots got a poison morph stam DK became super ultra strong when they forget DoTs don't do sh... in Cyrodiil.

Noxious Breath is completely unreliable in fast pace fighting; heck I even tried using fossilize and going on top of the person but still didn't get to fracture their armor. Venomous claw is a good DoT and would only prevail in 1v1s and that's it. Cyrodiil as far as I know isn't about 1v1s and it's about 1vX+Situational awareness.

A Stam DK can enter battle and leave battle when needed since they can cloak through everything even if a detect pot goes off you can hide from LoS (Line of sight) for like 10-12 seconds before it's gone and BAM! Back to stealth.

So @Digital_Bandit
    If you want a class that can smack someone hard then go NB but if you want a class that can sustain with resource management then go DK but remember our passive only works when you have either Magicka (for stamina return) or 100+ ultimate (for our resource return), it isn't omnipotent like some people suggest and cry for it to be.
    不動の Steadfast - Unwavering
    XBL Gamer Tag - Maxwell
    XB1 Maxwell Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Redguard Stamina DK
    XB1 Max Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Brenton Magicka DK
    PC Maxwell-Crystal - NA DC - CP 200+ Brenton Magicka DK 「Retired」
    Band Camp statements: To state "But this one time I saw X doing X... so that justifies X" Refers to the Band camp statement.
    Coined by Maxwel
    l