Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Talos the false god

Aideian
Aideian
✭✭✭
Talos or Tiber Septim Is a false god.. and why do I say this? Well only people who dig far enough can figure this out but Talos is not at all who people think him to be even though he is considered god of man I highly disagree. And here's why, during the reign of emperor Cuhlecain Talos was positioned general of his army and of course he was a great general, when Cuhlecain sent him out to prevent an attack from High Rock and Skyrim (who both hated the thought of a new empire) Talos converted the nords of Skyrim to his side using his Thu'um and the army of High Rock was soon defeated later on. But here's the good part, after Talos returned he killed Emperor Cuhlecain in cold blood and then slit his own throat when the guards rushed in he claimed it was assassins that killed the emperor and slit his throat. Now that was a well put together plan, not only did he slice his own throat to make him seem innocent he also later created a cult dedicated to Cuhlecain called The Cult Of Emperor Zero. Talos murdered the emperor and used his powers to convert a entire army to his side if you ask me that's very cowardly but I guess you could also say very smart. In the end Talos shouldn't of decended into god hood but by lies and murder he made his way in, to me that's no god at all.
Edited by Aideian on June 28, 2016 10:57AM
  • Wildx1337
    Wildx1337
    ✭✭
    Elven Propaganda ughrrrr...
    Edited by Wildx1337 on June 28, 2016 10:52AM
  • Aideian
    Aideian
    ✭✭✭
    Only if it was propaganda and not the truth and I'm not on the thalmors side they are no better.
    Edited by Aideian on June 28, 2016 10:56AM
  • nordsavage
    nordsavage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a big old pant load. You are trying to mash half Lore and half Arcturian Heresy and you do not have either side straight. You fail.
    I didn't choose tank life, tank life chose me.
  • Aideian
    Aideian
    ✭✭✭
    I am smashing lore with lore, The Arcturian Heresy is considered a historical document saying it was written by Tiber Septims own battle mage. And also putting my own opinion so I have no idea what you're trying to say but I succeed in what Im trying to say.
    Edited by Aideian on June 28, 2016 9:07PM
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Blood of the Divines

You need the blood of a Divine to open a portal. You use Tiber Septim's blood for this purpose. Q.E.D.

Now if you want to talk about false gods, there are these three uppity Dunmer I know...
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • ShedsHisTail
    ShedsHisTail
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aideian wrote: »
    Talos or Tiber Septim Is a false god.. and why do I say this? Well only people who dig far enough can figure this out but Talos is not at all who people think him to be even though he is considered god of man I highly disagree. And here's why, during the reign of emperor Cuhlecain Talos was positioned general of his army and of course he was a great general, when Cuhlecain sent him out to prevent an attack from High Rock and Skyrim (who both hated the thought of a new empire) Talos converted the nords of Skyrim to his side using his Thu'um and the army of High Rock was soon defeated later on. But here's the good part, after Talos returned he killed Emperor Cuhlecain in cold blood and then slit his own throat when the guards rushed in he claimed it was assassins that killed the emperor and slit his throat. Now that was a well put together plan, not only did he slice his own throat to make him seem innocent he also later created a cult dedicated to Cuhlecain called The Cult Of Emperor Zero. Talos murdered the emperor and used his powers to convert a entire army to his side if you ask me that's very cowardly but I guess you could also say very smart. In the end Talos shouldn't of decended into god hood but by lies and murder he made his way in, to me that's no god at all.

Yeah.. And we all know that gods never do anything underhanded or villainous.

Also... It's "ascended" into godhood. Unless, of course, you consider godhood a lower form.
    "As an online discussion of Tamrielic Lore grows longer, the probability of someone blaming a Dragon Break approaches 1." -- Sheds' Law
    Have you seen the Twin Lamps?
  • Aideian
    Aideian
    ✭✭✭
    I don't mean he is not a god I'm trying to say he shouldn't of been able to be one because of the path he took to become one. But yes the 3 dunmer are also false gods who just use Lorkhans heart for their powers.
    Edited by Aideian on June 28, 2016 9:16PM
  • ShedsHisTail
    ShedsHisTail
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't mean he is not a god I'm trying to say he shouldn't of been able to be one because of the path he took to become one.

And I'm disagreeing since righteousness is rarely a innate trait of gods.

Whether you like it or not is irrelevant.
    "As an online discussion of Tamrielic Lore grows longer, the probability of someone blaming a Dragon Break approaches 1." -- Sheds' Law
  • americansteel
    americansteel
    ✭✭✭✭
    you think gods are non evil?

you know daedric princes are divine beings right?

talos is the reincarated shezarrine (the elderscrolls prophecy foretold this) avatar of lorkhan the oppossite of/and Akatosh manifested itself on nirn to unify tamriel, bringin peace thus closing the interregnum

all elves are scum and liars filthy beasts.

talos is the ninth divine when he acsends reaching chim, it is unified with his fellow 8 divines.

8 and 1
    NO LONGER PLAYING ESO

POOR SERVER PERFORMANCE
    LAG
    LOAD SCREENS
    DONE
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't mean he is not a god I'm trying to say he shouldn't of been able to be one because of the path he took to become one.

This is like saying all the despot leaders that have wrought havok in the world shouldn't have been given power in the first place because they were a**holes. That's simply not how our world works, and it's most certainly not how it works on Nirn. Power is taken, not earned.
  • Aideian
    Aideian
    ✭✭✭

Yes but Talos is suppose to be a divine god in other words a good one not evil yet he used evil ways to become one.
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes but Talos is suppose to be a divine god in other words a good one not evil yet he used evil ways to become one.

That is not at all how this works. Divines =/= good and Daedra =/= evil.
  • ShedsHisTail
    ShedsHisTail
    ✭✭✭✭✭

"Divinity" as a concept, does not pre-suppose good or evil.
    Similarly, goodness is often a matter of perspective.
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Similarly, goodness is often a matter of perspective.

This right here. There is no objective good and evil in TES. Was Akatosh good for letting the Ayleids enslave and torture men for ages before saying "Huh, Alessia is cool." Is Meridia evil for helping end the planemeld, or good for opposing the Alessian slave revolt?
  • Aideian
    Aideian
    ✭✭✭
    I love how much attention this is getting and how many people would disagree I knew everyone would but I'm sorry to tell everyone that there is only one true God
  • ShedsHisTail
    ShedsHisTail
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love how much attention this is getting and how many people would disagree I knew everyone would but I'm sorry to tell everyone that there is only one true God

Does it have a name?
    Or are you ruining this thread?
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Uh oh, trigger warning. Keep in on Nirn here folks.
  • Aideian
    Aideian
    ✭✭✭

Does it have a name?

Does it have a name?

Ruining this thread? I made this thread and everyone is disagreeing but yes it does have a name, it's name is Psijii
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Does it have a name?

Does it have a name?

Ruining this thread? I made this thread and everyone is disagreeing but yes it does have a name, it's name is Psijii

Wait, Tiber Septim murders one dude and he's evil, but your god creates a death cult that murders thousands across many centuries and he's #1?
  • ShedsHisTail
    ShedsHisTail
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Does it have a name?

Does it have a name?

I was just making sure you were keeping it on Nirn.
    Also, yeah, Psijii is responsible for all kinds of horrible stuff. How can you possibly justify that over the actions of Talos?
  • Aideian
    Aideian
    ✭✭✭
    wayfarerx wrote: »

Trig

Does it have a name?

Does it have a name?

Also, yeah, Psijii is responsible for all kinds of horrible stuff. How can you possibly justify that over the actions of Talos?

Woau woah

Does it have a name?

Does it have a name?

Does it have a name?

Does it have a name?

Talos is the only God I know that has murdered and lied to get to where he is now, Sithis however has done terrible things but helped create everything.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Have you been told about the holy power to save your immortal k/d ratio with the noobular power of the hey zeus beam? It saves.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • bloodenragedb14_ESO
    bloodenragedb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    there are so many instances in lore that prove that talos is a divine that im just gonna skip this whole rant and just ask one thing

why are you posting about a god on a forum about a game that talos will not exist in for a few more centuries yet.
  • ShedsHisTail
    ShedsHisTail
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Trig

Does it have a name?

Does it have a name?

Woau woah

Does it have a name?

Does it have a name?

Does it have a name?

Does it have a name?

Talos is the only God I know that has murdered and lied to get to where he is now, Sithis however has done terrible things but helped create everything.

Well, as far as I can tell, there is no -being- known as Psijii.
    So I can only assume you're talking about the Psijic Order as the agents of "Psijii"; which are not exactly a group of saints.
  • Aideian
    Aideian
    ✭✭✭
    Everyone seems to be a little confused I'm not saying all the gods are perfect and good I'm saying Talos shouldn't of became a god because what he did to get there at least not a dIvine one no other god has killed and lied to get where they are. And no daedric princes are not really divine they are not among the 9 divine but considering the definition I guess you can technically say they are.
  • ShedsHisTail
    ShedsHisTail
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone seems to be a little confused I'm not saying all the gods are perfect and good I'm saying Talos shouldn't of became a god because what he did to get there at least not a dIvine one no other god has killed and lied to get where they are. And no daedric princes are not really divine they are not among the 9 divine but considering the definition I guess you can technically say they are.

As far as I know, no other mortal has been deified (could be wrong, but no one is jumping to mind.) And you're clearly still stuck on this idea that "divinity" means "goodness." It doesn't, friend.

So there's really no precedence for judgement. Unless you count the Tribunal, but they got there through fairly duplicitous means as well.
    Edited by ShedsHisTail on June 28, 2016 9:58PM
  • Aideian
    Aideian
    ✭✭✭

Does it have a name?

Does it have a name?

Wait, Tiber Septim murders one dude and he's evil, but your god creates a death cult that murders thousands across many centuries and he's #1?

Sithis didn't create the dark brotherhood they just kill in his name.
  • Aideian
    Aideian
    ✭✭✭
    there are so many instances in lore that prove that talos is a divine that im just gonna skip this whole rant and just ask one thing

why are you posting about a god on a forum about a game that talos will not exist in for a few more centuries yet.

wh

You my friend have the best point of all and that is because there is no where else to post any elder scrolls lore at and I'm glad you know that.
    Edited by Aideian on June 28, 2016 10:24PM
  • Aideian
    Aideian
    ✭✭✭

As far as I know, no other mortal has been deified (could be wrong, but no one is jumping to mind.) And you're clearly still stuck on this idea that "divinity" means "goodness." It doesn't, friend.

So there's really no precedence for judgement. Unless you count the Tribunal, but they got there through fairly duplicitous means as well.

I am not stuck on them being good but there's really no other words to describe them like most daedric princes can be considered objectively "evil".
    Edited by Aideian on June 28, 2016 10:31PM
  • ShedsHisTail
    ShedsHisTail
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I wish there was a "Lore" forum as well.

But until then, get control of your quote button. :)