The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Are you interested in a 90 and 180 days option for ESO Plus subscription on consoles?

Neirymn
Neirymn
✭✭✭✭
PC players can choose between 30, 90 or 180 days for ESO Plus subscription. If you choose 90 or 180 days, you get a discount and therefore pay less per month: 30 days = 14,99$/Month, 90 days = 13,99$/month and 180 days = 12,99$/month. But as console players we only have the 30 days option. I don't know why, maybe it's because of a Sony or Microsoft limitation, maybe it's a marketing decision...

Anyway, I'd like to know if as a console player you'd be interested in these membership options. :)

More details about the ESO Plus subscription here.
Edited by Neirymn on June 18, 2016 9:54PM

Are you interested in a 90 and 180 days option for ESO Plus subscription on consoles? 43 votes

Yes!
67%
Rox83jackmacphee8johnub17_ESO52justkb72eb17_ESOBootsy199CurragraigueHearts_Wakerpfc1009NeirymnKICHZYMickey_OxHisShadowXGERMANO-THE-IMPERIALMotokoKusanagi34LordNillocbareheinyTheHeroQueenadficereCromulentForumIDDannyLV702 29 votes
Sure, if that can finally make ESO Plus working properly on XBOX ONE too...
16%
Jayne_DoeCompletelyToastadamt88yepELDARTHVADERDT05Wrecking_Blow_SpamDreadKnight 7 votes
Maybe I'll sub then!
4%
beccaj86OutLaw_Nynx 2 votes
Nope, thank you, I don't want to save some money.
4%
Davelchsusmitds 2 votes
I don't really care, I won't subscribe anyway, like ever.
0%
I need to explain why I didn't choose one of the above options...
6%
ElsonsoDefiltedThe_Lex 3 votes
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes!
    Would be nice!
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, back in May I would have answered "Yes!" so that I could subscribe on my PS4 account and not have to pay full rate.

I would have also liked to see a 1 year option for at least the PC so that I could just pay for the entire year and be done with it.

However, since E3, I have come to realize that I am supposed to play for a few weeks, take some time off and play something else for a couple months, then come back when they have had time to add content, remove features, or whatever it is they are planning to do over the next several months.

So, really, I guess I only need a 30 day subscription a couple times per year, if even that much.
    Edited by Elsonso on June 18, 2016 10:27PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Neirymn
    Neirymn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes!
    Well, back in May I would have answered "Yes!" so that I could subscribe on my PS4 account and not have to pay full rate.

I would have also liked to see a 1 year option for at least the PC so that I could just pay for the entire year and be done with it.

However, since E3, I have come to realize that I am supposed to play for a few weeks, take some time off and play something else for a couple months, then come back when they have had time to add content, remove features, or whatever it is they are planning to do over the next several months.

So, really, I guess I only need a 30 day subscription a couple times per year, if even that much.

Thank you for your explanation. :) I understand that some players are upset by what has been said during E3. :/
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes!
    I asked for it as soon as it released on console. I'm guessing they can't offer a discount because the 'discount' from ZOS is going to Sony and Microsoft to pay to sell things in their stores
    PUG Life - the true test of your skill

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs
  • Mickey_Ox
    Mickey_Ox
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes!
    I voted yes as I see and understand why others would want it, personally I'm happy with month to month as is right now I don't plan renewing my sub till ZOS address the cheaters issue. I know it doesn't affect my game play on PS4 but I just can't justify giving my hard earned money to this company while it lets its cominnity destroy itself with their inaction( or lack of information on said action ). That reason aside I still prefer the month to month option as if another game comes i want try out (fallout 4 as an example) I won't feel obligated to be here or waste money if I move away for few weeks.
    Ever Tried, Ever Failed,
    No Matter.
    Try again, Fail again,
    Fail Better
  • Neirymn
    Neirymn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes!
    Mickey_Ox wrote: »
    I voted yes as I see and understand why others would want it, personally I'm happy with month to month as is right now I don't plan renewing my sub till ZOS address the cheaters issue. I know it doesn't affect my game play on PS4 but I just can't justify giving my hard earned money to this company while it lets its cominnity destroy itself with their inaction( or lack of information on said action ). That reason aside I still prefer the month to month option as if another game comes i want try out (fallout 4 as an example) I won't feel obligated to be here or waste money if I move away for few weeks.

These are good reasons to stick to the one month subscription option! ^^ As for me, I'm only playing ESO for now, so I could have use of the 180 days option. :) But I'm looking forward to FFXV and The Elder Scrolls VI even though I'll have to wait for years to try that one...
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    senhavran wrote: »

Thank you for your explanation. :) I understand that some players are upset by what has been said during E3. :/

I am sure some people are, but don't think that I said any of that because I am upset with ZOS. If anything, it has clarified some odd things that they have done over the last couple of months, which has, in turn, allowed me to refine my expectation of where ESO is going.

What I am looking for in a multiplayer RPG game is a rather traditional RPG game that can be more than what the developer envisions it to be. I like to play my own game, and this requires a game designed to be flexible in how it is played. This typically means a lot less hand holding and a lot more freedom in how the game is played. Because I spend so much time doing other things, the game needs to have some headroom so that I don't hit a wall with my characters too quickly. In general, these are traits that are well represented in the PC versions of the Bethesda Elder Scrolls and Fallout games. I can play games like this for hundreds of hours and never even get close to finishing the main quests. In Fallout 4, I am well over level 60 and have not even gotten to the point in the main quest where I have to make that fateful decision about who gets the Commonwealth. ESO isn't Fallout 4 and has a lot more in the way of structure, but it does allow some freedom of play at the moment. In ESO, it took me 2 years to get to VR 16, although I finished the main quest much sooner. I am more interested in the player economy than I am interested in the latest DLC, and this is because it is a lot more rewarding to sell stuff to other players than it is to kill 3 people, or pickpocket 10 items, in some random town. That other player is using the stuff that I sell them for their own purpose, and that trumps any assignment the Guild can give me.

So, when I see Firor say that his players are vacationers that come to ESO, do some content, then leave for a while, I have to put on my game design hat and ask myself what I would do to support those people and make them come back to the game to do that small bit of content. What I see, if they do it right, is a series of changes in the game that really do not benefit me at all, and in some cases, can hurt me. Leveled crafting materials is one place that really kicks me in the jewels, so to speak, but can really do great things to support vacationing players. I would make a lot of the crafting in ESO be more of a "side show" and really work to make it so that vacationing players could focus on playing content without having to spend time with crafting. As a game designer, I would not necessarily depend on the fickle players to provide this, not when I could put systems in place that will do that without the players. Sadly, my current mode of playing ESO is to provide materials to players who don't want to farm them, so anything that ZOS does to streamline vacation farming really does not add to my enjoyment of the game. I am not certain that the more open One Tamriel, which I am a HUGE (big) supporter of, is enough to offset the possibility that the game won't be as much fun for me.

What I see happening here in my crystal ball is the distinct possibility that ZOS and ESO are going in a direction that I am not interested in following, long term. Rather than sticking around and playing ESO on a long term basis, maybe what I need to do is find a new home with another multiplayer RPG game that has the flexibilty to just let me play without corraling me into playing a certain way. In this, I expect that I would simply become the type of player Firor expects and come to ESO while on vacation, and only subscribing to ESO Plus for 30 days so that I can get the DLC and Crafting Bag while I am playing.

Highlighted the TL;DR parts.
  • Easily_Lost
    Easily_Lost
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't understand why people are upset with him saying that. If that is what the data shows, why does it bother you so much?
    PC - NA - AD
    started April 2015
    PVE & Solo only

Meet the LOST family: CP 1250+
    Easily Lost Crafter - lvl 50 - Sorcerer Orc ( knows all traits and most styles )
    Easily Lost-W - lvl 50 - Warden Imperial
    Forever Lost - lvl 50 Sorcerer

CROWN CRATES: It doesn't affect gameplay, it's not mandatory, it's cosmetic only. If it helps to support the game and ZOS, I support it! Say YES to crown crates.
  • Neirymn
    Neirymn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes!
    hagermanj wrote: »

I don't understand why people are upset with him saying that. If that is what the data shows, why does it bother you so much?

If you're asking me, it doesn't. I just know that some other players seem quite disappointed by what has been said, can't make everyone happy eh ? :)
  • bareheiny
    bareheiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes!
    I find it odd that there is no other option for consoles.

Although subbing for more than one month at a time can bite you in the arse - I renewed my DCUO sub for 6 months...and lost interest after 1.

Still....you pays your money, you takes your chances. And it made sense to go with the 6 month option at the time.
  • twhiting9275
    I'd rather they just treated their current subscribers with the respect they deserve... You know, by finding and fixing those 'missing crowns' issues.

Gets tiring having to open up a ticket every month.
    Edited by twhiting9275 on June 19, 2016 10:51PM
  • Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^
    Eso plus is very buggy on xbox one. Never recieve crowns etc... I'm sure they'd find a way to try and rip us off, after like 2 months of 6 months you'll get a message saying your ESO + has expired.
    Xbox one EU
    8 Flawless conquerors on all class specs (4 stam, 4 magicka)
    Doesn't stand in red
  • Neirymn
    Neirymn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes!
    ^
    Eso plus is very buggy on xbox one. Never recieve crowns etc... I'm sure they'd find a way to try and rip us off, after like 2 months of 6 months you'll get a message saying your ESO + has expired.

I really hope this get fixed for XBOX ONE players so they can enjoy the game with what ESO Plus has to offer.
  • DT05
    DT05
    On ps3/4 I used to buy 60 day timecards for FF14ARR so I think it can be done.

Id just be happy to have my crowns on time, resubbed last week & still havnt got them. I put a ticket in today but ill not hold my breath.
    DC DK Pure Tank that can dps.
    part of the "A-Team" "Drift"
  • Neirymn
    Neirymn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes!
    DT05 wrote: »
    On ps3/4 I used to buy 60 day timecards for FF14ARR so I think it can be done.

Id just be happy to have my crowns on time, resubbed last week & still havnt got them. I put a ticket in today but ill not hold my breath.

I used to subscribe for 180 days on PS3 and then PS4 for FFXIV, but it was done on a Square Enix website, not on the Playstation Store. Although we can purchase every crown pack from the 750 one to the very discounted one of 5500, so why can't we have the same options for our ESO Plus subscription?

This is really weird, the ESO Plus issue on XBOX ONE I mean, it should have been fixed by now... That could be why we have no other options for our ESO Plus membership, because they're still investigating the problem and don't want to release more days of subscription on both consoles until it is finnaly working as intended. Or it's because it's not a one time purchase but something that can be renewed and Sony/Microsoft stores doesn't support more than 30 days?
    Edited by Neirymn on June 24, 2016 11:48AM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to subscribe for 180 days on PS3 and then PS4 for FFXIV, but it was done on a Square Enix website, not on the Playstation Store. Although we can purchase every crown pack from the 750 one to the very discounted one of 5500, so why can't we have the same options for our ESO Plus subscription?

Or it's because it's not a one time purchase but something that can be renewed and Sony/Microsoft stores doesn't support more than 30 days?

PSN understands annual subscriptions. I cannot speak for Microsoft.

I think the reason that they don't do more than 30 days is that PC/Mac gives a discount and they probably would not do that on console. Since Sony and Microsoft are handling the sales of ESO Plus and Crowns, they get a cut of the proceeds and ZOS gets what is left over. A 60, 180, or annual ESO Plus, discounted, might not be attractive to them, yet.

I dunno how Steam handles this since I don't do Steam for ESO.

Another thing to think about is that if the Matt Firor Player Base is really dominant, and most of the players in the game are here on vacation for a few weeks, none of them are going to want more than a few weeks. They will be less interested in a 90 and not interested at all in a 180. When ZOS dropped 180 on PC/Mac, the excuse they gave was that not enough people wanted it. I think there were other reasons for dropping it, but I don't think they were lying about the number of people who wanted it. This probably applies to console, too.

For me, 180 is the minimum subscription term I will buy, and then only if it is discounted. I will take an annual over a 180, under the same conditions, but those are pretty hard to come by. I don't want to have to mess around with monthly billing, especially if things can go wrong with it. (With ZOS, that is definite risk) I am well outside of Matt's Millions, so I guess I am lucky they still offer the 180 on PC/Mac.
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes!
    How does PSN control crowns /eso plus? Have brought crowns elsewhere other the PSN store (cheaper) & used a code.
    I know you have to redeem the code in the store - how does it work on the pc? Do you have to go via Steam for example?

Edited by Hallothiel on June 27, 2016 8:31PM
  • DreadKnight
    DreadKnight
    ✭✭✭
    Yes - if it worked, for which I have little faith tbh.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The ESO+ issues on XB are precisely the reason I unsubbed.
  • The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No, not until I have evidence of actual fixes for the increasing number of bugs and crashes on console. Once I have that evidence, I would proabably be in favor of multi-month subs.
  • Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would really depend if I would be able to budget the up front cost and would the savings be worth double paying for it while I buffer the cash to spend on it to save a little money. Basically I would want to maintain my current membership while I come up with the money to buy the 180 day sub.

14.99*12 is 179.88
    12.99*12 is 155.88

24 dollars in savings

I do not see myself going through the trouble for 24 dollars. I am sure there are plenty of people just sitting on money and this will not be an issue, but my life runs on a budget.
    XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear
  • Neirymn
    Neirymn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes!
    Defilted wrote: »
    It would really depend if I would be able to budget the up front cost and would the savings be worth double paying for it while I buffer the cash to spend on it to save a little money. Basically I would want to maintain my current membership while I come up with the money to buy the 180 day sub.

14.99*12 is 179.88
    12.99*12 is 155.88

24 dollars in savings

I do not see myself going through the trouble for 24 dollars. I am sure there are plenty of people just sitting on money and this will not be an issue, but my life runs on a budget.

A coin is a coin. XD Thank you everyone for sharing your thoughts about this poll. :)