The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Traits

senshi1990
senshi1990
Soul Shriven
I have a question about traits and crafting sets. I look it up, but I still don't understand. So when crafting a set, does the whole set require say like 3 traits, or is it each item requires 3 traits.
  • XistenZ_one
    If you havn't researched 3 traits on an item, say 1h sword, then you can't craft a 1h sword of a set requiring 3 traits. Any other item you've researched at least 3 traits on is craftable in that set though.
  • SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you havn't researched 3 traits on an item, say 1h sword, then you can't craft a 1h sword of a set requiring 3 traits. Any other item you've researched at least 3 traits on is craftable in that set though.

As above, every item of a set requires the proper number of traits for that set.

If you haven't finished all your research yet and want specific sets, you can tailor your research to getting 3 traits across a full set, before you spend time on a fourth trait for a piece. Spend the first 6/12/24 hour researches on getting the same trait across a full set before you lock in another trait on the 2/4/8/16/32 Day timeline.