The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Slow FPS on the 64-bit clients (Solution)

potirondb16_ESO
potirondb16_ESO
✭✭✭
Hi guys,

I had until recently really bad fps upon loading the 64-bits clients. It was litterally awfull. I was getting like 14-15 fps when I used to run at 70+ on the 32-bits client. Now, both client work equally well. What happend in between, someone talk about the Nvidia Card not loading automaticly on the 64-bits client and that was it.

So if you'r having real FPS trouble when you log into the 64-bits client, it might be because your system is currently using the integrated graphic card instead of your gaming graphic card. The way to change this is easy.

1. You open the Nvidia Control Panel
2. Open the Desktop Menu and click on ''Display Gpu Activity Icon, in the notification Area''
3. Open your game with the 64-bits client and look if the GPU is currently in activity while you play on the 64-bits client.

If not ! follow the next step

4. Go into the ''Manage 3d Setting onglet''
5. Click on program setting
6. Add the ESO program into the list. Make sure you open the 64-bits ESO, for that just put your mouse on the icon for a while so it show you the full link and see if the Eso exe is eso64.exe then add it
7. Change the graphic processor for this program and make it officially your Nvidia Card (not automatics selection)

After that apply and start the game, you should be good to go !
  • potirondb16_ESO
    potirondb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    For non inititate, I saw a walkthorugh with picture into this post :smile:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/252829/64bit-fps-issue-solved-nvidia-laptops#latest
  • granger334b14_ESO
    granger334b14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Sadly, this option isn't there on my desktop. It says I'm running the 64 bit client on my gpu. However the option to change the graphic processor isn't there--I think it's only available on laptops?. I'm on a gtx 970 and should by no means be having such low fps.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another way you may have to force the system is in Power Options for the machine. Under Graphics, choose High or Best Performance While Plugged In (for laptops at least) For Desktops, same general area. Note, you may have to set a few things to force the system to use the 3D card.

Me, I just build gaming machines that can't use the CPU Graphics as they have no provision for it, then I never have to worry about this.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• potirondb16_ESO
    potirondb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    @granger334b14_ESO Usually the motherboard has an integrated graphic card, or Something alike, I run also on a Gtx970ti (on my laptop), so I would highly suggest you look at your nvidia control setting and see if the same issue cannot be happening...

Look at the link in the post on top, you might find how to deal with it.

Hopefully it will help you.