The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PVP DK & Sorcerer Owns Magika NB 1 Vs 1

Lord_Eomer
Lord_Eomer
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Yea even average DK can own you in solo they are so badly strong, is this intentional by developers?

I am running Magicak NB Breton having 41K Magicaka 1500 Recovery, 11, Stamina, 27 K Health, 5 Piece Julinio + 3 Piece Willpower + KenaShoulder + 600 CP with around 56% Spell Critical

I am doing good in groups, if fighting solo DK (Talons + Spiked Armor + Harness Magicka +Reflective + Whip = wow) or Sorcerer (Bolt Ecape + Root + Healing Ward + fragments + Harness Magicka + Hardened Ward = wow)

I am running Restro/Dual Wield (i think should go for restro/restoro)

Restro Bar = Healing Ward, Harness Magicka, Crippling Grasp(DK reflective 90%), Swallow Soul (DK reflective 90%), Radiant Light (or else NB stuns make me crazy), Ice Commit,

Dual Wield (should go for restro?) Shadow Disguise, Lotus Fan, Concealed Weapon, Mas Hysteria, Radiant Magelight (running on bth slots for mages guild buff + no stunn), Sould Tiether

If attacked by 3-4 people i normally survive and escape but if good sorcerer/DK strikes than no way, their talons/knock down spells are freezing me...

NB fear skills also mostly not working on DK..

I saw some players are very good, they own the group and survive very long in fighting.

Need some good tips...

Thank You,
Edited by Lord_Eomer on June 26, 2016 8:13PM
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why mage users need stamina to break free, this is really underestimating their potential.

On other hand stamina build maximize stamina and cast break free as many as can..

This need a fix for Magicka users...
    Options
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First: Add Shadow Image, so you can simply teleport out of dangerous situations. Summon it and as long as you are in range, you can just push the button again and you will teleport through walls or whatever and return to the position of your shade.

And I know that Dragonknights are horrible since they reflect everyhting. I as a Sorcerer barely have any way around that. Curse and lightning heavy attacks are not enough to break healing ward and harness magicka spam.

But you as a Nightblade ? You have a wonderfull melee arsenal and can just bypass the reflect with concealed weapons and soul harvest for example.
    Resot/dual wield is fine and destruction staff is a weapon that you should avoid if you have the choice and you as a Nightblade enjoy this freedom.

It would also help to add Assassins Will, the last abilitiy of Assassination. You can just proc it with dual wield light attacks and you can then release it whenever you want, for really hard burst, which will help you alot vs Sorcs and DKs alike. Plus it grants you minor brutality, increasing your damage by 8%.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
    Options
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are dual wield you don't need swallow soul it will be weak coming from your resto bar. Also you don't need radiant on your back bar I would replace those two with summon shade and entropy(or SAP since you are dual wield) and then I would replace radiant on your front bar for merciless resolve (you aren't going to burst any good player down on a mag blade without it) also I think destro/restro is a lot better this patch because it's easier to sustain your resources, unless you have the lich set I don't think dual wield is worth it.
    Options
  • LegacyDM
    LegacyDM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm going to level with you so you don't beat your head against the wall. This game isn't balanced around 1v1. You have s build that accelerates at 1vx not 1v1. The sooner you accept that the better u will be. With your build You will not I repeat not dps down a magicka dk. They have too much cc, and to Tanky. The best you can do is run them out of stamina with fear and poisons. But cc immunity will give them enough stamina regeneration to get back on their feet so it's a losing battle. Magicka dks get to double dip their magicka/fire skills from the elemental cp tree. Whenever I run into a magicka dk it ends in a stalemate. I just cloak away because it's pointless after 10 min of fighting.
    Legacy of Kain
    Vicious Carnage
    ¥ampire Lord of the South
    Options
  • Vangy
    Vangy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dk's who build for 1v1 or small scales are absurdly strong in that aspect.... Because they build for it and their class skills really complement that style of play... They typically run a whole lot of single target combo-ed with vigor, rally, wings and even SnB if they are stamina. The trade off they face is that they are pretty much jack-crap near useless in open world group play. Put a DK in a group of 15 vs 15 and all they can do is talon spam with CC and play as tanks. They have near 0 mobility and are pretty much sitting ducks. MagDKs are pretty sick in 1v1s too. They too suck even harder in open world though.

Magtoons in general are much much stronger in group settings. Everything ranging from batswarm/meteor/soul tether + proxy + VD + curse/frags/lotus fan etc etc shines in group damage. Not to mention the new and OP negate that pretty much wipes groups with 1 or 2 bombard spamming monkeys...

The only way to take on DKS is to actually have a toon built for 1v1s... Much akin to what most DKs run. Like their main bar if stamina is prolly : crit rush/DS/exec/igneous/rally and off bar is prolly a bow with : all utility + bombard as only DPS skill. In group play they are just reduced to bombard spamming monkeys with the bulk of their focus going into single target/small scale play. If they run a back bar SnB they just become neigh useless in medium-large sized group play cos nothing in their toolkit actually is worth much in group play save standard and talons.
    (2)V16 Dk- stam dps/stam tank/mag dps
    (2)V16 Sorc- mag dps/stam dps
    (2)V16 nb- stam dps/mag dps
    (1)v16 temp- mag tank/mag dps
    CP: 610 and counting

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates! Viva la revolutionz
    Options
  • Cronopoly
    Cronopoly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A tip I use when playing my Magicka NB is to use Crippling Grasp on any magicka user i see in PVP. Forces any Magicka Sorc or DK to CC break using Stamina... DK will be harder if it's reflected. Oops. Fight will be tons easier if it lands though. But it still takes skill and knowing when to pressure and when to go defensive.

Pressure: Number one way to get kills is to lean on the edge of constant pressure forcing the opponent into going defensive. which means they are not attacking you at that point. It took me over a year to get it. Pressure wins in PVP more than it loses. You just have to be tactical about it. Buff up and go in swinging :smile:
    Edited by Cronopoly on June 27, 2016 2:53AM
    Options
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It must be a Stam sorc you're losing to...

There's no way a Magicka sorc beats a good NB this patch...
    Edited by Minalan on June 27, 2016 3:57AM
    Options
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »

Lol I fought a magicka sorc in the sewers yesterday that beat me. In pvp magic sorc and magic nightblade are pretty even. Nightblade has better constant DPS and sorc has better burst damage. It was a close fight but I eventually ran out of resources first (I wasn't using harness magicka and he was) magic sorc is still one of the harder opponents for a magic nightblade, and alot of us still struggle with sorcs in 1v1. Magic nightblade is one of the weaker 1v1 classes but I would argue it's the best open world 1vX class once you get good at it
    Options
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »

Crystal Fragments, Restraining Prison, Mines..they are built for Burst damage and can kill oonent quiet faster.. crystal fragments hit usually10k..and knock u down and u are done.

Bolt escape is tremendous to run, NB clock is good to run NB if u have vampire speed buff + Concealed Attack slotted and also have some stamina for rolling..

CC break is biggest issue for magicKa users, stamina NB's are better in 1 VS 1
    Edited by Lord_Eomer on June 27, 2016 8:39AM
    Options
  • Bromburak
    Bromburak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Lord_Dexter
    DKs don't kill you, it's your self because as most players without practice you are bad in handling dots, debuffs and reflections ...
    Just don't spam skills like 80% of the burst naives, watch your defense instead including purge and self heals.
    Once you have learned to stay alive go ahead and use the strongest weapon available in game, timing on counterattacks to keep the pressure up to gain more control.

And make videos of your fights to watch your own footage it helps you to see the mistakes you do, that's basically all you need to improve your skills.
    Edited by Bromburak on June 27, 2016 9:06AM
    Options
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A tip I use when playing my Magicka NB is to use Crippling Grasp on any magicka user i see in PVP. Forces any Magicka Sorc or DK to CC break using Stamina... DK will be harder if it's reflected. Oops. Fight will be tons easier if it lands though. But it still takes skill and knowing when to pressure and when to go defensive.

Pressure: Number one way to get kills is to lean on the edge of constant pressure forcing the opponent into going defensive. which means they are not attacking you at that point. It took me over a year to get it. Pressure wins in PVP more than it loses. You just have to be tactical about it. Buff up and go in swinging :smile:

This is very true.

When I faced several strong players, I tend to streak away, play defensive and just try to escape, which burned my Magicka and I was dead.

But I've became braver and now I usually stand and fight back. Because once you take them under fire, they can't play that offensive anymore. That's the key. When you face several opponents, they believe you are easy prey and they will just play offensive and that's what you can exploit. They will not expect you to fight back. You should see them when I suddenly fight back, then they usually run instantly when they see their first ally falling.

Of course this does not always work :D don't be foolish. Sometimes incoming damage is simply too high, then you need an escape plan.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
    Options
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bromburak wrote: »
    @Lord_Dexter
    DKs don't kill you, it's your self because as most players without practice you are bad in handling dots, debuffs and reflections ...
    Just don't spam skills like 80% of the burst naives, watch your defense instead including purge and self heals.
    Once you have learned to stay alive go ahead and use the strongest weapon available in game, timing on counterattacks.

And make videos of your fights to watch your own footage it helps you to see the mistakes you do, that's basically all you need to improve your skills.

No doubt, I may need improvement, DK's fight is not easy. I can own average 501 sorcerer may be not an expert but for sure owning an average 501 CP DK is very challenging..

I started PVP after DB, still learning but I am sure I play quiet fair and survive long, DK fights are taking long time and ending up wih escape or lost, they are real beast in PVP.
    Edited by Lord_Eomer on June 27, 2016 9:25AM
    Options
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think Magicka Templars are the real beast at the moment. They are truly unkillable when played right and also deal the most damage in my opinion.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
    Options
  • Bromburak
    Bromburak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unkillable Templars don't do damage that can bring you in trouble ...
    And that's actually a good sign because it demonstrates that trade offs still exists in a game full of hybrid supermans.
    Options
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DKs are a nightmare for any Magicka build out there due to their reflect. So as a MagBlade you're gonna have to change your strategy a bit. Especially if you're a Vampire:

- Forget about Destro Staff and Funnel Health/Swallow Soul. It's better to use Melee attacks like Lotus Fan for closing the gap, Concealed Weapon for your main spammable, Sap Essence for Major Sorcery buff and Soul Harvest for your Ultimate
    - Mass Hysteria's gonna be your new best friend. I find that that skill is the bane of the DK as it stops them dead in their tracks, allowing you room to breathe or go on the offensive
    - Always keep Shadow Image ready: DKs are masters of melee so if things go awry, teleport out
    - Forget about Magelight: use other skills to that can help you get an advantage like Prolonged Suffering and Double Take (DKs have good resource management, those skills can help you make them run out faster)

Some things that I do on my main. Hope this helps you out

PS: Current gear setup is 5 pcs Seducer, 4 pcs Magnus and 3 pcs Willpower. I personally prefer Seducer over Julianos due to most ppl running Impenetrable gear (vs Julianos' Crit) and Seducer's amazing Recovery and Reduce Cost making battles much easier (and Cloaking :p )
    Edited by Tryxus on June 27, 2016 12:42PM
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
    Options
  • lucky_Sage
    lucky_Sage
    ✭✭✭✭✭

dks reflects doesn't reflect dot damage which is stupid they reflect crimpling grasp they only reflect the front damage and the dots stays on them but evasion and blur can dodge pre applied dots
    magdks rely on block and try to keep up as much as they can all they have is cc the dots wich is suppose to me there
    main dps is crap in pvp
    DC PC NA
    Magdk - main
    Stamcro - alt

AD PS4 NA -retired (PC runs way better to play on console)
    magdk
    magblade
    stamplar
    magden
    magsorc

Options
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea even average DK can own you in solo they are so badly strong, is this intentional by developers?

I am running Magicak NB Breton having 41K Magicaka 1500 Recovery, 11, Stamina, 27 K Health, 5 Piece Julinio + 3 Piece Willpower + KenaShoulder + 600 CP with around 56% Spell Critical

I am doing good in groups, if fighting solo DK (Talons + Spiked Armor + Harness Magicka +Reflective + Whip = wow) or Sorcerer (Bolt Ecape + Root + Healing Ward + fragments + Harness Magicka + Hardened Ward = wow)

Restro Bar = Healing Ward, Harness Magicka, Crippling Grasp(DK reflective 90%), Swallow Soul (DK reflective 90%), Radiant Light (or else NB stuns make me crazy), Ice Commit,

Dual Wield (should go for restro?) Shadow Disguise, Lotus Fan, Concealed Weapon, Mas Hysteria, Radiant Magelight (running on bth slots for mages guild buff + no stunn), Sould Tiether

If attacked by 3-4 people i normally survive and escape but if good sorcerer/DK strikes than no way, their talons/knock down spells are freezing me...

I saw some players are very good, they own the group and survive very long in fighting.

Need some good tips...

Thank You,

You are using a PVE build for PVP & expecting to do good????
    Dude you have no idea how to build a PVP build, learn & stop complaining. Crit does nothing against good players with all impen! Don't use julianos, if you're going to use light armor you need to use shields ie.. magicka harness & bubble!
    You should also be using soul harvest as an execute even though it's an ultimate.
    I've owned sorc & dk both even at the same time (2v1) so it's not impossible. You just need to practice dueling once you fix your build.
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
    Options
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    kaithuzar wrote: »

Need some good tips...

Thank You,

You are using a PVE build for PVP & expecting to do good????
    Dude you have no idea how to build a PVP build, learn & stop complaining. Crit does nothing against good players with all impen! Don't use julianos, if you're going to use light armor you need to use shields ie.. magicka harness & bubble!
    You should also be using soul harvest as an execute even though it's an ultimate.
    I've owned sorc & dk both even at the same time (2v1) so it's not impossible. You just need to practice dueling once you fix your build.

Hi @kaithuzar, I am using Juliana for spell buff do not care about critical buff,

I do not want mag, seducer or Magnuson as I do not have much Magicka issue unless it's a long fight..

Already using harness Magicka + healing ward..

I am not complaining they are impossible to kill but are very challenging..

You can share some of your videos as tips for me..

Edited by Lord_Eomer on June 27, 2016 2:54PM
    Options