The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Best / Most Fun Tank Style?

raasdal
raasdal
✭✭✭✭✭
What type / class is the most fun? Blazing Shield Templar? Health Regen DK?

When you want to just jump into zergs, and generally be unkillable, what do you go for? And lets disregard anything that is centering solely on the broken Malubeth.
PC - EU
Gromag Gro-Molag - Sorcerer - EP
Dexion Velus - Dragonknight - AD
Chalaux Erissa - Nightblade - AD
Firiel Erissa - Templar - AD
  • Lisbette
    Lisbette
    ✭✭✭
    DK if you want to perma last in a zerg and kill nothing. Blazing shield Templar if you want to last in a zerg a good amount of time and kill some of them
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blazing tank templar or heal tank templar. With blazing tank, you can kill and be really tanky as well. With heal tank, you help out by healing buddies while not being able to be killed as easily as a full spec healer. So both are great fun but two completely different builds
  • Vangy
    Vangy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends. If you have a good group of friends with solid damage, its really fun as stam DK.

I run x5 black rose + 2 engin/mal + 5 fasallas.
    x3 block cost reduction + all imepn + defending on weapons.
    35k health, 35k stam, 15k mag + 1.2k mag/stam regen.

Game plan = bum rush into zerg with talons/caltrops while perma blocking with immovable pots and shuffle. Nothing is going to kill you except some REALLLLLLy good players who super accurately time their burst. You wont kill anything but you are heal debuffing the whole damn world while sitting in caltrops and bombard while taking almost no damage. Couple that with engin or mal + major mending = infinite sustain.

Drop standard when team comes and watch everything melt. Poor templars mashing their face into BOL but no one getting healed cos of 30% major defile from standard and 50% heal debuff from fasallas. Not to mention any offensive negates that might come down on the potatoes who are crowding around you.

Suffice to say, this style of play only works with a good group. My solo build is vastly different as the damage output of above build is not enough to kill anything let alone take down shields.
    (2)V16 Dk- stam dps/stam tank/mag dps
    (2)V16 Sorc- mag dps/stam dps
    (2)V16 nb- stam dps/mag dps
    (1)v16 temp- mag tank/mag dps
    CP: 610 and counting

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates! Viva la revolutionz
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sap tank is a lot of fun in both pvp and pve
  • Torbschka
    Torbschka
    ✭✭✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    Sap tank is a lot of fun in both pvp and pve

Fun yes, but strong? In PvE defintely, I find it very lackluster in Pvp... If I go heavy I cant kill anyone with a sap tank, If I go light I run out of stamina and dead.. Can u share ur build how do you play it? (cuz i have a v16 argonian nightblade :D)
    Edited by Torbschka on June 27, 2016 2:03PM