Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is it worth going full stamina build?

russelmmendoza
russelmmendoza
✭✭✭✭✭
I made a imperial stam nb, just because of the imperial officer armor, just love the look of it.

This is my main, already put 3-4 months of gameplay to it, already at cp 275. I'm trying to join random group delves and I notice that I'm doing less damage than the other guys and I'm suppose to be a dps guy. Felt a little useless for the group but i kept at it and eventually finishes the dungeon. They were not complaining but I felt I let the group down. So I bought some crown, enough to change to full stamina build and change it again if I dont do to well with the full stamina build.

I would like to ask for help, tips and suggestion on how to make my imperial nb be a proper dps, as in do a lot of 10k above damage. I can make a 5 trait heavy armor, and 3 days from now a 5 trait medium armor. I dont have all the heavy and medium armor to 5 trait yet, just a 5 piece for both heavy and medium armor for now, well 3 days from now I'll have 5 pieces of the medium armor with 5 traits, so I can make a medium hundigs or night mother set.

Any help is much appreciated, thank you in advance.
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it is for PvE, dont go Stamina NB, they are the weakest in terms of DPS. For PvP though Stamina NB is no-brainer.
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You need to wear full medium armor and yes, go full stamina but try to have around 18k health so you won't be one shotted
  • Ghettokid
    Ghettokid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Orc
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    susmitds wrote: »
    If it is for PvE, dont go Stamina NB, they are the weakest in terms of DPS. For PvP though Stamina NB is no-brainer.

Don't listen to this. You'll do just fine as a stamina NB. You just need to learn mechanics and it's very important for you to know your rotations to keep up your dps/buffs etc
  • Asmael
    Asmael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I wouldn't call being able to pull 40.8K on Rakkhat as "weakest" DPS-wise.

But that might be just me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEh28r6DD8U
    PC EU - Zahraji of the Void, aka "Kitty", the fluffiest salmon genocider in town.
    Poke @AsmaeI (last letter is uppercase "i") on PC EU or Asmael#9325 on Discord and receive a meow today.
  • russelmmendoza
    russelmmendoza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the tips, I really appreciate it.

It is for pve, I want to go finish all group dungeons, I just feel weak compared to other players. And I'm aiming for veteran Maelstron Arena, I heard it was hell.

So go for full stamina, keep hp 20k+ preferrably and wear full medium armor. Any tips on armor enchantment, mundus stone and armor trait I should use.

I read somewhere in the forums forgot where, that world mobs dont do critical hit, does that mean that world bosses do critical hits. What about vet dungeon mobs, adds and bosses do they critical hit players.
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Full medium, all divines, thief mundus stone. I completed vet maelstrom arena on my stamina NB with about 16k health I believe
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    And no, only players are able to do critical damage. Everything pve related does not
  • russelmmendoza
    russelmmendoza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you very much for all the help, I'm gonna go grind for rubedo leather now.

Hail! Sithis!!!!
  • russelmmendoza
    russelmmendoza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol. I thought Hunding's Rage Set is 5 traits, its 6 traits actually, still quite a long research to go, hehe.
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What? Stamina nb builds can pull 40+k dps in trials, Ive seen close to 50k.

Also, no need to boost hp to 20k. Its better to go full burst, and if your pug healers are not very good, you can use vigor.
    5xOphidian/Alcosh 5xTwiceborn 2x Maelstrom weapons would be perfect but you can use 5xTwiceborn, 4xNight Mothers Gaze (crafted), 3xAgility.
    Edited by LadyNalcarya on June 25, 2016 3:21PM
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Also, no need to boost hp to 20k. Its better to go full burst, and if your pug healers are not very good, you can use vigor.
    5xOphidian/Alcosh 5xTwiceborn 2x Maelstrom weapons would be perfect but you can use 5xTwiceborn, 4xNight Mothers Gaze (crafted), 3xAgility.

@KoshkaMurka I know about the Max DPS thing. What I mean is the sustained DPS of Stam NBs which is not really great.
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @susmitds wrote: »

@KoshkaMurka I know about the Max DPS thing. What I mean is the sustained DPS of Stam NBs which is not really great.

Someone already linked a video from vMoL.
    If Rakkhat dps is not "sustained" in your opinion, then what is?

PC/EU
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try that without the group buffs and healing and report back to me ...
    shades.gif
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @SirAndy wrote: »
    Try that without the group buffs and healing and report back to me ...
    shades.gif

Well, "now do that naked and turn your monitor upside down" arguments are a bit childish and can be applied to anything, including magicka builds.
    May I ask if you tried stam nb or just judging by rumors?
    Edited by LadyNalcarya on June 25, 2016 7:49PM

PC/EU
  • Shader_Shibes
    Shader_Shibes
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You-have-no-jns33m.png
  • russelmmendoza
    russelmmendoza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well guess what, i was able to do +40k damage on a world boss.
    What I saw in the video was the killer blade doing 40-50k on the boss.
    So I tried it out on a world boss cp160, I drop the boss hp to -25% and tried it there.
    Critical killer blade did 40k+ damage and non-critical did 12k+ damage.

So, I dont think I will be going full stamina build after all, I just figure out how to do those insane damage using a stamina nightblade, hehe. THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!! TO Asmael for sharing the video, I learned so much from it, I will always be indebted to you, Great Jedi Master Asmael.

Hail Sithis!
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So I tried it out on a world boss cp160, I drop the boss hp to -25% and tried it there.

So, I dont think I will be going full stamina build after all, I just figure out how to do those insane damage using a stamina nightblade, hehe. THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!! TO Asmael for sharing the video, I learned so much from it, I will always be indebted to you, Great Jedi Master Asmael.

Hail Sithis!

I'm confused.... your saying you aren't going stam after seeing that? You do realize killer blade is a stamina morph right?
  • russelmmendoza
    russelmmendoza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    exeeter702 wrote: »

Hail Sithis!

I'm confused.... your saying you aren't going stam after seeing that? You do realize killer blade is a stamina morph right?

I was contemplating on going full stamina build, when I saw what he was using, Killers Blade specifically, I opted not to go full stamina build. I was able to do, 12k to 40k damage on a world boss, so, I was able to do what I thought was only possible if you go full stamina build. I have 10/10/44, magic/health/stamina on my character, now I don t have to use that crown to reset my character. That's why I am forever greatfull to Asmael.

Hail! Sithis!!!