The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

ESO Live response on the XB1 Issues since DB launch .....

Balibe
Balibe
✭✭✭✭
See today's ESO Live ..... they stated twice they are working on the XB1 issues since the DB DLC. Unfortunately they cannot answer every post regarding the issues. They did state they have most of the engineering team working on it towards a fix. Once resolved, it does take time to be certified by Microsoft before it goes live in an incremental patch. So be patient with the threads as they are aware if the issues and are not ignoring the problem .....
  • BRCOURTN
    BRCOURTN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    many people are dropping subs, which I get. I'm nearly there myself until I get a patch that fixes at least a couple of key issues, but I think it says something about this game that they've kept so many people as well through these terrible issues. I think most people stay because they know when then game is working well, it's pretty amazing. I just hope they can get it fixed before too many people abandon it and move on.
  • neville_bart0s
    neville_bart0s
    ✭✭✭
    they've stated it will be at least a few weeks before we get any patch, and that patch may or may not fix the problem because they really have no way of testing a real live server.

ive cancelled my ESO plus and i bought Overwatch yesterday so im taking a break from this broken pile of ***, ill keep an eye on the forum and when the game does work i might come back , or I might not.
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seriously, PVP is ridiculous now. It makes it very tough to play when you get disconnected every 5 minutes.

• NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Might be time to walk away for me. I've been on this so long but....I don't care to play it on PC anymore so...yeah I just saw the post today made on June 24th

That also ticked me off even more.
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on June 26, 2016 12:33PM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Zaldan
    Zaldan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Balibe wrote: »
    See today's ESO Live ..... they stated twice they are working on the XB1 issues since the DB DLC. Unfortunately they cannot answer every post regarding the issues. They did state they have most of the engineering team working on it towards a fix. Once resolved, it does take time to be certified by Microsoft before it goes live in an incremental patch. So be patient with the threads as they are aware if the issues and are not ignoring the problem .....

damn, this means no fixes for anything on PC while they work on console again :(
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.
    Niidro tiid wah fusvok dirkah.

aka.@Cuthceol
  • GeorgeParker
    Not good enough, think Wrothgar DLC was released last November, it has had issues since release, Orsinium is probably the most talked about place for crashing, and the release of the last two DLC's have made the game unplayable in Wrothgar for alot of people for quite awhile before being improved by patching.
    Whats the point in Levelling up the crafting if you then dread trying to hand in at Orsinium.
    And why on earth would you spend extra money purchasing a DLC which breaks the base game experience.
    This is my first Xbox One MMO after a background of PC MMO's, I was really interested to see how it ran, the answer is terrible and each DLC release seems to make it worse.
    But if it is working for lots of people then hats off to you .
  • argouru
    argouru
    ✭✭✭
    The thing is that there's millions of lines of computer code to shift through and each line of code affects others, so that adds a much larger layer of complexity to an already daunting task. At least they sound like they have an idea as to what is causing the problem and are already working on a fix for it. They clearly want to thoroughly test the fix before implementing it, so that takes extra time. It sucks that we can't access some parts of dlc areas or Elden Root, but I'm willing to keep grinding up characters and avoid those areas for now. All the complaining in thw world won't get it fixed faster. I know they're doing the best they can. Could these issues have been discovered before release? I don't know. Perhaps it has to do with how much activity is going on in these areas that makes them glitch and crash.

One piece of advice I would give... Stop spamming active skills in towns and cities. We don't need a light show and it doesn't get you any xp, plus I'm pretty sure that is what is part of what is over-taxing the servers, resulting in bog-downs and crashes. I don't mean this in a nasty way, but there's only so much a server can process at a single time. Over-taxing it with goofing off with powers only causes more problems and makes for a poorer gaming experience for all of us.
  • DreadKnight
    DreadKnight
    ✭✭✭
    argouru wrote: »
    One piece of advice I would give... Stop spamming active skills in towns and cities. We don't need a light show and it doesn't get you any xp, plus I'm pretty sure that is what is part of what is over-taxing the servers, resulting in bog-downs and crashes. I don't mean this in a nasty way, but there's only so much a server can process at a single time. Over-taxing it with goofing off with powers only causes more problems and makes for a poorer gaming experience for all of us.

I could not agree more.

• DjSolJAH
    DjSolJAH
    ✭✭✭
    argouru wrote: »
    The thing is that there's millions of lines of computer code to shift through and each line of code affects others, so that adds a much larger layer of complexity to an already daunting task. At least they sound like they have an idea as to what is causing the problem and are already working on a fix for it. They clearly want to thoroughly test the fix before implementing it, so that takes extra time. It sucks that we can't access some parts of dlc areas or Elden Root, but I'm willing to keep grinding up characters and avoid those areas for now. All the complaining in thw world won't get it fixed faster. I know they're doing the best they can. Could these issues have been discovered before release? I don't know. Perhaps it has to do with how much activity is going on in these areas that makes them glitch and crash.

What say you on dancing?

Zee blues are coming!!!! Always.... Always coming...
  • Bonzodog01
    Bonzodog01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This definitely has something to do with lighting/shaders and what looks to be a huge memory leak, which is rapidly advanced in Orsinium due to the size and detail of the city itself. It seems that Orsinium is so heavily detailed that it attempts to load the entire city all at once, NPC's and all. However, due to the memory leak, this actually causes a rapid chain reaction, and overloads the XBox's RAM.

Orsinium is I think the largest city in game, which is why the problem isn't so evident in quieter/smaller areas with less detail.
    Xbox One - EU - EP/DC
    Trying and failing to hold the walls of his Templar house up since 2015
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Issue with zos saying a few weeks is it took 2 months for the 1st patch following orsinium. We all just gave up and forgot about it but it took until the end of January. Shambles.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • Balibe
    Balibe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bonzodog01 wrote: »
    This definitely has something to do with lighting/shaders and what looks to be a huge memory leak, which is rapidly advanced in Orsinium due to the size and detail of the city itself. It seems that Orsinium is so heavily detailed that it attempts to load the entire city all at once, NPC's and all. However, due to the memory leak, this actually causes a rapid chain reaction, and overloads the XBox's RAM.

Orsinium is I think the largest city in game, which is why the problem isn't so evident in quieter/smaller areas with less detail.
    I always had lag there but the city was playable. After DB, I crash if I go thru the main city.

I turn in 6 writs daily on 2 characters, I come in from the Shatul wayshrine. I found it help if to get rid of pets, turn off the personality and remove any costumes so I only have armor on. I can get off the horse just before the entrance and walk in/out with no lag or issues.

I personally think the new personality they add with DB is also an issue. I notice lag when I wear it all over Tamriel. I have taken it off until they find a fix. The game runs smoother without it for me .....

• Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Support told me to contact Xbox support. Not sure why.