Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The unfortunate new direction taken by Bethesda/Zenimax

Icebound
Icebound
Soul Shriven
So I have been unable to play on my ESO account for over 72 hours now, during that time I have been reading through many others threads on this support forum from players who are having the same problems I am, regarding the latest patch and not being able to load characters, access DLC, zones not loading, NPC's not loading, quest trackers not working properly and the list goes on. I've also read some threads from people that are having other issues, such as not getting their ESO benefits after having paid for the subscription. There is one thing that all these problems have in common. Developers rushing to push out new content that breaks the game, not caring that it's buggy, and complete and total sense of apathy on the part of the customer service team, who's most notable response to any ticket is "Have you power-cycled your Xbox-One", assuming you get an answer at all from them.
As I said, it's been 72 hours since I last played, and I've been patient, read through other people's concerns as well. I was thinking, they are going to put out a patch today during maintenance, and it will fix a lot of the problems. Log in to the forums today, no maintenance even happening. So with no end in sight for the current problems the game is facing, and customer service being unresponsive, I am unsubscribing my ESO plus, why does anyone else here care? You should care for the same reasons I have mentioned here. Why continue to pay for a game and service that is broken, and a team that doesn't care to fix the problem. I highly encourage other people to follow suit, at least until a time when the game is fixed, maybe the loss of income from ESO subscriptions will be motivation enough for them to fix it.
  • Aeaeren
    Aeaeren
    ✭✭✭
    Only one thing to change, This is Zenimax's issue, Bethesda doesn't have anything to do with ESO other than the Elder Scrolls lore I believe.
  • Icebound
    Icebound
    Soul Shriven
    Yes I think you are correct. But I wasn't sure, what their connection the games was and their name was on it too, so I added it just to be safe.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've been unsubbed since February (was faithful since PC early access) due to the problems with ESO+ on XB1. Missing Crowns and periodic loss of access to DLC and in-game benefits got too much for me.

I have purchased the DLC I want to play, and have purchased other items from the Crown store, but I will remain unsubbed until they fix ESO+ on XB.
  • PrinceBoru
    PrinceBoru
    ✭✭✭✭
    I couldn't agree more.
    I've lost a lot of respect for this company.
    It is now a broken product and has been degrading ever since release.
    Deadlines are obviously more important than quality.
    A classic death-knell for any type of business.

Hey ZOS...
    you are done ripping this gamer off!
    It ain't easy being green.
  • neville_bart0s
    neville_bart0s
    ✭✭✭
    I already cancelled my sub and I have no intentions of getting another zenimax/bethesda game ever again.
  • GeorgeParker
    Great post.
    Very sad when some of the community reaches breaking point, but I am amazed that repeated posts on this Forum are being totally ignored and there is no sign of any patch or attempt to even attempt to fix the Wrothgar debacle.
    I am now wondering if there is any point to continue playing this game with standards decreasing with every DLC release.
  • Icebound
    Icebound
    Soul Shriven
    Great post.
    Very sad when some of the community reaches breaking point, but I am amazed that repeated posts on this Forum are being totally ignored and there is no sign of any patch or attempt to even attempt to fix the Wrothgar debacle.
    I am now wondering if there is any point to continue playing this game with standards decreasing with every DLC release.

Thank you! You know, you pay for a game, you AT THE VERY LEAST expect to be able to play it. But to report problems, have them ignored or basically ignored by saying "power cycle your xbox" like you're the one who's a total idiot, and not the developer for releasing horribly codeded/optimized software is a just a slap in the face to the customer. WE are doing THEM a favor by telling them what is wrong with their software, they do LITERALLY absolutely nothing. If I had the money for it, I would file a lawsuit, on behalf of the entire community who is unable to play what they were promised. This is absolutely unacceptable for a company of their size!
  • MochaMickey
    MochaMickey
    ✭✭
    Cancelled my ESO+ this week, so not worth it. I love this game, but the glitches and bugs are ridiculous, especially seeing how they're not even being addressed! I sent in a support ticket the other day and they didn't even bother to read it, gave me a "solution" to a completely irrelevant issue. I'm over it tbh
    EP - Dunmer Templar - Naraï Fireheart