The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Zenimax support not being helpful...

Domardal
Domardal
✭✭✭
So I made this post to generate some attention - 20 h after the patch.

What happened is that yesterday after the server was taken down for maintenance and the Launcher was supposed to patch it didn't do that.
Im know this happened to many other people as well, but it seems for them it worked after some time.
Well my Launcher patched as well and when I start the game it doesn't say that I'm running an old version anymore. Yet the Announcement Section is all empty and whenever I try to log in I can't and get the Message Error 201.
In order to fix it I followed all the instructions given on the Website, even that bs regarding contacting the Internet provider.
Everything is fine on my part - so it has to be Zenimax that cause the error.
Therefore I messaged the German support and they didn't manage to give any helpful information (propably should've messaged the English support, I know).
In my initial message I told them,, that I had already had tried all the recommended fixes, yet the still told me to do them in a standartised message.
Does Zenimax even have any German Support Staff?
This is actually outrageous, the support is actually not useful at all and I will permanently cancel my ESO Plus membership at 4 PM CET - 24h after the patch if there is no helpful message - not even a fix - by Zenimax as i don't see any point paying for this.

@ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Hodor
Co-Owner of Golden Goose
  • Zoner
    Zoner
    ✭✭✭✭
    Support is non existent. We all just have to get by
    NA EP
    Seren Vedrano - EP NB
    Geldis Vedrano -EP DK
    Andewen Vedrano - EP Templar
    Swiggity Swag - DC NB
    Vashai The Impotent - AD DK
    Sprints-With-Erect-Spine - EP Templar
    Approved Inoffensive Name - EP Sorc
    Serana Vedrano - EP DK
    Cuckpoints - EP sorc
    Options
  • Domardal
    Domardal
    ✭✭✭
    I know but i still want to f'in play the game.
    And they are not helpful at all!!
    Hodor
    Co-Owner of Golden Goose
    Options
  • Manpoints
    Manpoints
    ✭✭✭✭
    Has something happened? This is not the first thread on this topic that has popped up today...
    GM of Potato Syndicate, (Gone' Casual) ---- I'MZ A GOD!
    GM of Mi Amor Libre Spanish ERP ---- Shadilay
    Manpoints - Templar // Womanpoints - DK // Abopoints - NB // Manepoints - NB // Sexypoints - Sorc // Hermann Purring - DK // Browniepoints - Templar // Tigger SMB - Templar // Affirmative Actionpoints - DK // Sha Bipoints - Sorc // Hughe Mungus - DK // Rachel Dolezol - Warden??
    Options
  • Domardal
    Domardal
    ✭✭✭
    Well idk there's no feedback ....
    maybe Zeni-Headquaters burnt down which is why we dont get any help.....
    Hodor
    Co-Owner of Golden Goose
    Options
  • Domardal
    Domardal
    ✭✭✭
    UPDATE: i restarted the Launcher once more and got an Error 210!!
    It's something different wohoooo - maybe a fix?
    Hodor
    Co-Owner of Golden Goose
    Options
  • Domardal
    Domardal
    ✭✭✭
    didnt help - followed all instructions on the website - didnt work either
    the support still hasn't contacted me
    Hodor
    Co-Owner of Golden Goose
    Options
  • psychotic13
    psychotic13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PM @ZOS_DaryaK pretty good at replying compare to the others.
    Edited by psychotic13 on June 21, 2016 10:14AM
    Options
  • Domardal
    Domardal
    ✭✭✭
    @psychotic13
    Thanks! I messaged him!
    also sent the support a report now - even tough they haven't come back to an already opened ticket in 5 h now.
    Hodor
    Co-Owner of Golden Goose
    Options
  • psychotic13
    psychotic13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Domardal wrote: »
    @psychotic13
    Thanks! I messaged him!
    also sent the support a report now - even tough they haven't come back to an already opened ticket in 5 h now.

Not sure how often they're online to be honest, but DaryaK normally gets back to you within in the day, good luck.
    Options
  • Domardal
    Domardal
    ✭✭✭
    Domardal wrote: »
    @psychotic13
    Thanks! I messaged him!

Not sure how often they're online to be honest, but DaryaK normally gets back to you within in the day, good luck.
    ty tough - still havent answered....
    Hodor
    Co-Owner of Golden Goose
    Options
  • nine9six
    nine9six
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I've had one "helpful" response from Support, and that was ironically from an issue I was aiming to make them aware of and requested no reply on their part.

Any time I actually document something, provide examples with ways to replicate the issue, and reach out to them for help all I get is some "copy / paste" response that helps in no way.

I'd rather you not reply if all you're going to is do be a documentation parrot.
    Wake up, we're here. Why are you shaking? Are you ok? Wake up...
    Options
  • KingWhyteboi
    KingWhyteboi
    ✭✭✭
    Don't even waste your time anymore you can explain in detail a problem and there response will always be try login out for 5 mins rofl
    v16 dark elf temp
    v16 imperial nb
    v16 khajiit nb
    v16 imperial dk
    v16 high elf sorc
    v16 breton temp
    v16 high elf nb
    v16 dark elf dk
    Options
  • nine9six
    nine9six
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't forget the all-powerful "/reloadui".
    Wake up, we're here. Why are you shaking? Are you ok? Wake up...
    Options
  • Shogunami
    Shogunami
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS has customer support? :o
    That's new.
    -
    "I think Orcs first turned a bear head into food because it looks amazing." -Orzorga.
    Options
  • mistermutiny89
    mistermutiny89
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Customer support reply templates:

1. Restart console
    2. Restart router
    3. Reinstall game
    4. Deny, deny, deny
    5. We appreciate your feedback and thank you for your patience *snaps to image of ESO players waiting for shite to be fixed as Skeltons*

They're all useless but we wouldn't need them if things were tested properly before release.
    Guild Leader : Defenders Of Miley
    XB1 EU
    EP | VR16 Breton NB -mistermutiny
    AD | VR16 Dunmer DK - Grigori
    AD | VR16 Altmer Sorcerer - Isvoleet
    AD | VR16 Imperial DK - Leonidas
    AD | VR16 Bosmer NB - Hood
    AD | VR16 Breton Templar - Dante
    AD | VR16 Redguard Sorcerer - Raiden
    AD | VR7 Khajiit Templar - Ike'ilyew
    DC | 160 Breton NB - Vergil

"Hmmm... Very convincing.. Does the illusion apply to.. Everywhere? Perhaps this one should have a moment alone in private to double check" - Razum'Dar
    Options
  • Domardal
    Domardal
    ✭✭✭
    zenis support is awful... game of the year my a**
    at blizzard you just call in and there you go.....

however.... they still havent come back at me....
    so i deinstalled the game and I am downloading it again...
    with that I'll be able to play again by tomorrow morning - still quicker than waiting on that so called "support"

i also quit my ESO Plus and I will never even spend a Cent on the Crownshop and such.
    Zenimax as a company is awful and is seriously damaging the game by their acts.
    If they keep heading in that direction this game will die .... especially with the new Camelot coming etc....
    Hodor
    Co-Owner of Golden Goose
    Options
  • Domardal
    Domardal
    ✭✭✭
    and Camelot has EOSs former lead PVP designer who left for some reason ... maybe they're as bad to their employees as to users....
    Hodor
    Co-Owner of Golden Goose
    Options
  • magnusthorek
    magnusthorek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You tell me?! I don't know if the "naming and shaming" would apply to "Supporters" but I've opened a ticket recently and re-opened an older (and unsolved) one and no matter how carefully explained or even proved that I've been damaged nothing is returned to me with more and more excused that I did what I didn't with log informations of things that just didn't happen.

They said I destroyed a Legendary Ninrhoned Sword of Torug's Pact, but when that sword disappeared I was inside the bank, moving stuff to an alt.

They said I used IC Trophies months ago when I showed them, with pictures, that I used less than I bought (as I don't go in IC much)

Items vanish mysteriously and for god's sake someone is manipulating data because it's preposterous
    I am the very model of a scientist Salarian, I've studied species Turian, Asari, and Batarian.
    I'm quite good at genetics (as a subset of biology) because I am an expert (which I know is a tautology).
    My xenoscience studies range from urban to agrarian, I am the very model of a Scientist Salarian.
    Options
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately for you and the rest of us, you're going to get automated responses unless you pester them about it. Despite the fact that we are all customers and deserve their attention, they do not have the capacity to attend to our every little need. So, when you get an automated response, simply click "reply" and say something to the effect of "Please respond" or "Please have a real person contact me."

As someone who has spent considerably more time than the vast majority of the ESO community base with support, I assure you that 90% of the answers you receive will not be helpful. They will be generic, copy+paste responses from a standardized script. If you want to make any headway, you have to convince them that you tried what they suggested. Only then will you be escalated to someone who will tell you to wait for the next DLC.
    Options
  • EternalEther
    Did you change the settings so you're not using the 64-bit client? It's turned on by default since the update. I haven't been able to get the 64 bit client to work even before yesterday's maintenance. I get a similar error message when I try.
    Options
  • Domardal
    Domardal
    ✭✭✭
    @EthernalEther
    no I didnt check that .. but doesnt matter now for me anyway.... >.<
    Hodor
    Co-Owner of Golden Goose
    Options
  • ZOS_DaryaK
    ZOS_DaryaK
    admin
    @Domardal, I have replied to your PM. :)

I have also moved this discussion to PC Technical Support
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Options
    Staff Post
  • KingMagaw
    KingMagaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I sent in a ticket as some of my telvar vanished. I had ~38k in bank, withdrew 30k to open my telvar sacks, i had maybe 2-3 saved up, first time opening, i thought having more telvar better modifier.

So i opened them. Then deposited all telvar back in my bank and had 32k. So where did the 38k+2k ish i opened go to?. I opened a ticket asking and was told by Zeni support (This is a direct quote from Joshua R)

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

''You made a withdrawal from your bank for a grand total of 30,000 Tel Var Stones which made for a total of 30100 on your character. About a minute or so later, you made a deposit from your character with a worth of 30230 Tel Var Stones. After this, activity ceased until much later in the day.''

Seems legit. I withdrew 30k as i said. Opened my telvar sacks and out of 2-3 i got 130 telvar?. Doesn't add up. I dont know anywhere where you can get 130 telvar standing beside the bank, number doesnt even fit.

So basically, in there eyes nothing went wrong.
    So i asked, before withdrawing my 30k telvar, how much do you record my account having??.

Another direct quote from Joshua R:
    ________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

''You're most welcome, and ah, great question! So, in this case, I am not able to confirm your bank totals during a specific date/time, as certain information cannot be released from the account.''

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Firstly. Your withholding my bank totals on a support problem, that i pay a subscription for this game. Interesting concept. Thought i was contacting you for assistance for a problem, not some random inquiry.

Secondly. You dismiss my problem without addressing it saying its all ok.

Can anyone explain how opening multiple scamp sacks would yield 130 telvar?. Does any sack give that amount? Cause i was standing by bank doing this.

Ultimately i would rate the service i got at 1/10. Even for Joshua representing a company to address me as - ah, great question doesn't come across as professional. Its not a great question. Its a simple question to try and figure out how my Telvar got bugged out. Simply another reason to chalk up cancelling my sub, funding that treatment is shame on me.
    Options
  • EternalEther
    KingMagaw wrote: »
    I opened a ticket asking and was told by Zeni support

How in the hell did you manage to get an actual response from the support team?
    No, seriously, what did you do. Was it just simply opening a ticket? How long did you wait?
    Options