Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Help with farming CP

Chronos9
Chronos9
I looked all over the Internet but I can't seem to find any really recently updated CP levlling guides,especially for non subscribers(correct if I'm wrong). Any advice whether I should bother or not, or any recommended places to go.
  • dpencil
    dpencil
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think it depends on what you find fun and what kinds of additional rewards you'd want to get while farming. For example, Vet Maelstrom Arena throws mobs at you endlessly, so if you want to do a solo grind that doesn't involve the possibility of other people messing you up and also get loot from the chests at the end of each round, then that would work. CP is just xp for vet players, so wearing all Training gear and using Pjici Ambrosia potions would speed things up too.

You could also farm the Imperial City and get Tel Var stones and trophy room drops, though you'd have to contend with the PVP element there.

You could go to one of the delves or other spots in Cyrodil or one of the Cadwell's Gold cp160 zones to farm mobs, I guess. Though I think this has the least secondary reward potential.

You could also endlessly cue for random dungeons and run those all day long.

You could PvP all day long, as that grants xp too when capturing keeps, etc.

My advice, do what's fun for you and don't worry about "grinding." It's a game after all. Don't make it a job.
    Edited by dpencil on June 22, 2016 8:19PM
  • PhxOldGamer68
    PhxOldGamer68
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's correct. Don't think of it as a grind. Destiny is a grind because you have to repeat missions over and over again to upgrade everything.

I've been playing since PS4 launch last year and haven't finished the full story line of all 3 factions. I am CP 343 in EP and have the last 3 zones left in AD for Cadwell's Gold.

I have done several quests in Cyrodiil.

As a Plus member, I've completed almost all quests in the DLCs so that's added.

This game is HUGE!
    PSN NA/EU: DesertDweller99
    PC NA: KaktusKing
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, remember now that once you reach CP160, you have at least 10 zones that you can grind mobs in or do quests in for CPs.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• AlphaCrucis
    AlphaCrucis
    ✭✭✭
    I've found so far that questing gives me the most benifits for gaining CP
    Australian, Aldmeri Dominion
    Altmer, Dragonknight (mag), Damage Dealer
    Brenton, Templar, Healer
    Bosmer, Nightblade (stam), Damage Dealer, PvP
    PS4, NA Server
    Guild Member Of: Brotherhood of Bogans
  • ThePaleItalian
    ThePaleItalian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do the DB dailies. I am getting 75K per quest. You can even farm the bosses for a good chunk as well.

I even see people grabbing groups of the Minotaurs they give 3K-3.5K per kill.

Doing the daily dungeons as well give you about 1 champion point a run. If you Q for the random its like 250K xp right there, not including the xp from the run itself.

I am right around 400. But I gain 25 in a week just doing the dailies and not playing for very long.
    Conan, what is good in life?
    Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.

PS4 Screen Name: The_Pale_Italian
    ZweiHandler - Orc DK Tank
    Solstice StormHaven - Magika Sorc
    Oba Nobanaga - Stam NB
  • americansteel
    americansteel
    ✭✭✭✭
    XP scrolls cyrodiil quests DLC quests with their dailies 10CP a day

10x7-70

70x4weeks-280a month

280x3months- you get the picture

18-26k gold cyrodiil dailies a day not bad