Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Power Level Crafting

Myerscod
Myerscod
✭✭✭
How does one power level the crafting professions? Mainly, Alchemy and Enchanting. I have searched Google and the forums and found little following the recent changes. Does anyone have any tips?
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No matter what changes have been made to the game recently, the process is still the same. Not that the changes have any impact on this (other than a possible nerf to learning new Glyphs which I don't think exists)

Alchemy? Just make some potions, it takes about 30 minutes to level that craft to max, if you have the reagents and solvents. Just use the Mushrooms as they tend to be cheaper, save the flowers for the potions you want.

Enchanting? There is no power leveling, unless you have a lot of gold to buy Rekura's and Denata's. Make Glyphs with Denata's until your at about L30/L35, then when it starts getting painfully slow, switch to Rekuta's. Otherwise, your deconning Mob Loot to level it.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Myerscod
    Myerscod
    ✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    No matter what changes have been made to the game recently, the process is still the same. Not that the changes have any impact on this (other than a possible nerf to learning new Glyphs which I don't think exists)

Alchemy? Just make some potions, it takes about 30 minutes to level that craft to max, if you have the reagents and solvents. Just use the Mushrooms as they tend to be cheaper, save the flowers for the potions you want.

Enchanting? There is no power leveling, unless you have a lot of gold to buy Rekura's and Denata's. Make Glyphs with Denata's until your at about L30/L35, then when it starts getting painfully slow, switch to Rekuta's. Otherwise, your deconning Mob Loot to level it.

Thanks @Nestor that's a lot of help. As long as I know that the same thing works now that worked 6 months ago I can crack on with that.
  • SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭
    The exact minimum if you want to know is:
    • 21/19 Clear Water
    • 41/38 Pristine Water
    • 48/44 Cleansed Water
    • 60/55 Filtered Water
    • 87/79 Purified Water
    (Non+Plus/+Plus Subscribed - NO CP Applied)
    (30 Champion Points in the Tower Constellation will add 20% Inspiration gain)

Edited by SpAEkus on June 22, 2016 7:25PM
  • emily3989
    emily3989
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alchemy was stupid easy to max lvl, especially with the add-on, if you are on PC that is. I think it's called potion maker or something like that.

Enchanting is sloooow, all my stuff was lvl 50 before I can remember, enchanting still 43 or something like that, but I am in no real hurry. Mostly I decon the useless glyphs, and sell the good ones I make for money. Green stam glyphs CP140 going for 350 gold these days.
    Thasi - V16 Magblade Vampire PC/NA
  • Myerscod
    Myerscod
    ✭✭✭
    SpAEkus wrote: »
    The exact minimum if you want to know is:
    • 21/19 Clear Water
    • 41/38 Pristine Water
    • 48/44 Cleansed Water
    • 60/55 Filtered Water
    • 87/79 Purified Water
    (Non+Plus/+Plus Subscribed - NO CP Applied)
    (30 Champion Points in the Tower Constellation will add 20% Inspiration gain)

You are an E-hero. Thank you.
  • Arcasylum
    Arcasylum
    Anyone able to help me level blacksmithing up so i can use these motifs i got? I need to get to level 9 metal working and currently im at 2 metal working add kukukachoo2 to psn im ps4 NA server
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I made a test with two new enchanters, assuming you dont use any external help. These were VR1 at that time, had enough skillpoints and big stock of runes. This is one possibility to powerlevel: make TWO enchanters and push up their levels by feeding each other like climbing a ladder. You can stop the other to level 40 and with it push the main enchanter to 50 with Monumental Rekutas.

With this you can powerlevel in one hour. But you need glyphs that have same XP as 300 Monumental Rekutas. In fact you should start with lower aspects/potencies because high level glyphs suffer heavy penalties if deconstructed at low levels.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, Monumental Purples give 21661 IP at max level but you have to be L32 Enchant Skill level before you receive full decon IP.

Strong Green at 4059 IP (max IP at Level 4) used to be the go-to but there is probably a higher level Glyph now with the market and Node changes and hireling returns but I haven't mapped all the Max IP break points.
  • Duiwel
    Duiwel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deconstruct glyphs
    Make potions & poisons

In a nutshell...
    @Duiwel:
    Join ORDER OF SITHIS We're recruiting! PC EU

"Dear Brother. I do not spread rumours. I create them..."