Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Dark Brotherhood is Now Available on Xbox One and PlayStation 4"

ZOS_JessicaFolsom
ZOS_JessicaFolsom
Community Manager
26a2f65ebe7ad49550dd944af12ab3ba.jpg

This is the official discussion thread for the blog article Dark Brotherhood is Now Available on Xbox One and PlayStation 4.

For the first time in The Elder Scrolls Online, visit the Gold Coast, a new area of Cyrodiil, and carve out your destiny as the infamous Dark Brotherhood's newest member – starting today with the global launch of Dark Brotherhood on Xbox One and PlayStation 4!

We hope you enjoy this latest DLC game pack, and we'll see you in the Gold Coast!

Jessica Folsom
Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
Staff Post
  • LMar
    LMar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure if it is just me but the website this links too appears to be unformatted with links, text, pictures and backgrounds all over the place!

Edit: Seems to be fine now. Btw the picture is just awesome. We haven't seen much art of Mer so any more are welcome :D
    Edited by LMar on June 15, 2016 5:28PM
    "If a stick of fish is a fish stick, it will stick like other fish sticks stick"
    "Taller races now sit in chairs correctly"
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's too bad it wasn't an overnight download (between Euro & US downtime) so the standby update features offered by console could be put to use. If I come home from work and it downloaded, I'll be happy. Doubtful that's the case. I'm hearing that you have to manually begin the download so actually playing tonight is unlikely to happen. I couldn't manually start it before I left for work because of the maintenance.

I can deal with waiting more time to get this, I'm just dismayed that this game can't function like the rest of the games I own in regards to patches on PS4. ESO needs special attention like no other game I own.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • RocDonald
    RocDonald
    ✭✭✭
    It started on it's own for me about 80 mins ago. But it's a 13.5 Gb download so it'll be a while unfortunately. Hope it's worth the wait :)

P.S. Tim the Enchanter is awesome! lol
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For some reason, on XB1, I had to manually start this download. But, TG downloaded/installed on its own for me. Not sure why, as I think I also had to manually download Orsinium.

Fortunately, my husband started the dl at lunchtime yesterday, and it had gotten to 33% by the time he went back to work. However, when we arrived home at 5:30, it was only at 75%! I ended up starting to play around 6:30pm, after pausing and restarting the dl, it seemed to go faster.

But, so many people were either playing or downloading last night that I kept crashing to desktop. Took me 5 times to actually load my character that was in Wrothgar, and 4 times to load a character in Elden Root! All in all, about 30 minutes or so was spent starting the game over and logging in. :smile:
  • Dilligaf1369
    Dilligaf1369
    Soul Shriven
    I have been trying to get on any of my characters for over an hour and a half and crash out/time out on every character I try, PS4 restarted console once and still same no matter which character. MY Download speed is 89.14Mbps and my upload is 12.94Mbps. ON my PC not on the console. consoles only showing 70.1/4.9, why is my console so off they're both wired to the router next to them, yet it crashes me out every time for the last 2 hours now.
    Edited by Dilligaf1369 on June 15, 2016 7:22PM
    More than you can imagine, or none in the least. It all depends on the subject.
  • ArpamiesFin
    ArpamiesFin
    ✭✭✭
    great patch so far on ps4, skills and weapon swapping only work when they feel like it. cant remember seeing this much lag.
  • Lonewolf628
    Lonewolf628
    ✭✭
    I don't like what you guys did to the heavy Pact armor chest piece. You guys made the waist plates smaller and it gives the chest piece a slimmer look but I like how bulky the chest piece was originally. It gave the armor an intimidating look and now it looks more like a piece of medium armor. I know you guys wanted to fix the clipping issue I guess but bring back the bulky look! But that's my only complaint so far. Lol. Great job guys! Love the game! Only game I've played for the past year.
  • Kalante
    Kalante
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    why did my stamina nigth blade lost over 200 weapon damage? Everything on my build and CP is the same yet i lost some weapon damage. I used to do 3k weapon damage unbuffed and now its only 2.8k. Or is this happening to all classes?
  • LMar
    LMar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kalante wrote: »
    why did my stamina nigth blade lost over 200 weapon damage? Everything on my build and CP is the same yet i lost some weapon damage. I used to do 3k weapon damage unbuffed and now its only 2.8k. Or is this happening to all classes?

If you had Dawnbreaker slotted this might be affeecting you. I think they changed the numbers there. But you can slot more Fighters Guild abilities to get more weapon damage with the right passive in the line
    "If a stick of fish is a fish stick, it will stick like other fish sticks stick"
    "Taller races now sit in chairs correctly"
  • RocDonald
    RocDonald
    ✭✭✭
    Most of the two-handed weapon attacks have been missing (no damage) from time to time. Don't know if it was just a lag thing. Also, hate what you did with wrecking blow, thanks again pvp.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Enchanting and harvesting runes is so much better than before. Now I can instruct people to buy them if I'm out. I don't have to delay making folks runes because only I can farm them.

I also found a kuta somewhere around the 10th - 15th node I searched since db. More runes out of less nodes means more making use of the runes and less farming. Making enchantments stronger is also great imo. I think the changes here might get more people to re-try enchanting if they gave up before.

Your ability to create and experiment with different enchantings is no longer limited to your minion and farming supply.

Thank you for a positive change zos!
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • ArpamiesFin
    ArpamiesFin
    ✭✭✭
    can you fix the weapon animations bronto. when im holding dual wield weapons it looks like im holding my 2h weapon.
    its confusing at times when im used to looking at my weapons to figure which bar i have selected.
  • Rome1984
    Rome1984
    Soul Shriven
    This game is so terribly broken for Xbox. I can't move 10 steps without getting stuck in a loading screen or disconnected all together. There's invisible mobs in dungeons. The grouping tool doesn't ever que unless you have a full group. I can hardly use a way shrine without getting kicked. The list goes on and on. Quit making new content and fix the crap that's been broken ever since Orsinium came out.
  • The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rome1984 wrote: »
    This game is so terribly broken for Xbox. I can't move 10 steps without getting stuck in a loading screen or disconnected all together. There's invisible mobs in dungeons. The grouping tool doesn't ever que unless you have a full group. I can hardly use a way shrine without getting kicked. The list goes on and on. Quit making new content and fix the crap that's been broken ever since Orsinium came out.

^^ This. I've crashed to dashboard countless times since DB dropped. It's a shame, really. Since I'm enjoying the content, it would be nice actually be able to play it for more than 15-30mns at a time.
  • Its_Reflex
    Its_Reflex
    Soul Shriven
    I have been crashing a lot on the xbox since the new update. There is so much lag it gives me a loading screen. People aren't spawning and it has gotten me killed because I can't hit them. Quest take a long time to show up on the map and I think it is because of the lag. I hope there is a fix soon.
  • Darkestnght
    Darkestnght
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why would I buy another DLC when the lag and poor performance of this game gets worse with every new DLC? I am getting sick and tired of getting kicked out to loading screens, game freezing, and all of the other bugs that go alone with this game. I can't want for something new and better to come along.
    Xbox NA - CP1300+
    Xbox EU - CP400+

• korey175ub17_ESO
    Yeah I'm repeatedly getting kicked as well. Not even playable unfortunately. I can get in run a couple feet, pull up my map and boom kicked every time. I'd say I have been kicked a total of 8 times tonight (no exaggeration either) been home from work for 7 hours and have been trying to play for 3 hours. Total time in game and not in loading screens probably 1 hour. Lol almost got plus today as well. Still was going to after the first 3 kicks as that is pretty standard for me in this game. Think no might hold off.
  • LordDragos
    LordDragos
    ✭✭
    PLEASE STOP NERFING THIS GAME AND CATERING TO THE CASUAL PLAYERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Imperial Dragonknight Tank - EP
    Breton Magic Nightblade - EP
    Breton Templar Healer/DPS - EP
    Imperial Stamina Nightbalde - EP
    Imperial Templar Tank - DC
    High Elf Sorcerer - AD
    Imperial Stam Sorcere - DC
    Dunmer Dragonknight - EP

GT: iMak0
  • freedom3128
    Can you please schedule a maintenance day for the PS4 because I cannot join a random dungeon PUG even after waiting 20 minutes? There are some lag issues as well as invisible enemies in delves. Also, the quest markers are not appearing on the world maps and I am getting booted every time I fast travel to a new area.

Thank you very much.
    American server, Breton Templar healer/support, PSN ID: freedom3128
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Where would the console users go to ask about fixed related to multiply-reported problems?

I'm seeing a lot of frustration by console peeps relating to problems since DB.

There doesn't seem to be any official word on simple acknowledgement...or maybe I'm just not seeing it.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Tvex
    Tvex
    Ps4 still terribly broken. I worked have gladly waited another month on DB to avoid this mess.
  • Lonewolf628
    Lonewolf628
    ✭✭
    The Gold Coast looks really good. Whoever put the environment together did a good job. Looks really nice. The nixads are cool. I think I catch them laughing at me sometimes...The river trolls and minotaurs are a nice addition to the bestiary...speaking of that a bestiary we could look through would be cool. With pictures. I like pictures. Sneak attacks. So, we have the blade of woe, but what about regular weapon or skill attacks doing bonus sneak damage? Nice DLC. I love this game.
  • JelliedBigfoot
    The Gold Coast looks really good. Whoever put the environment together did a good job. Looks really nice. The nixads are cool. I think I catch them laughing at me sometimes...The river trolls and minotaurs are a nice addition to the bestiary...speaking of that a bestiary we could look through would be cool. With pictures. I like pictures. Sneak attacks. So, we have the blade of woe, but what about regular weapon or skill attacks doing bonus sneak damage? Nice DLC. I love this game.

I've mostly been posting in the disconnections threads, but all that aside, the new monsters and environment look amazing!
  • Silverado
    Silverado
    ✭✭✭
    Oh my goodness zos I love this patch and dlc! This is soooo great! Thx so much for working so hard on this. I love every change you have made. Keep up the super awesome work! 2 thumbs up! Love where you are going with it and can't wait to see what's in store for the future!
    Ps4 NA Aldmeri Dominion
    Wood Elf 310 CP
    Aldmeri Trading Co Guild

• PrinceBoru
    PrinceBoru
    ✭✭✭✭
    This game is so buggy on XB1 that it's negligent.
    ZOS has to know this game is broken.
    It makes me think Elder Scrolls is going to conclude on the XB1.
    As if they are just fulfilling contractual obligations peddling a broken experience until they turn out the lights.
    I've got news for you ZOS...
    At this point you're just ripping gamers off with your mess of a game.
    I forsee ESO dying on XB1.

It ain't easy being green.
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You guys use available thats a stretch to say the least most of my guild mates disconnect atleast 5 to 10 times a day I maybe play this game for 2 or 3 hours before giving up and playing something else forget PVP anytime I rush a keep I get kicked out of the game or half my group drops
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • americansteel
    americansteel
    ✭✭✭✭
    pvp is more unbalanced then ever.

dlc itself is a joke, more fetch me this quests!

uncoordinated quest line

stop making small dlc packs, all this money zos recieves yet finds it amusing to keep wrecking cyrodiil, destroying 2 classes and making the other 2 godlier, poor questing in wrothgar TG and DB just the same thing over and over nothing innovative for pve.

make dlc the size of wrothgar and craglorn.

tired of rob or kill this elf or these sewer tenaments man give me a break.

DB is a joke.
    NO LONGER PLAYING ESO

POOR SERVER PERFORMANCE
    LAG
    LOAD SCREENS
    DONE
  • RocDonald
    RocDonald
    ✭✭✭
    Game is really glitchy. For example...

1. Targets randomly re-spawning (the optional ones) in sacrament quests. I was moving along with a perfect score (so to speak) when the dam target re-spawns right beside me not 30 seconds after I killed him. I call BS on that one.

2.My Templar is nearly unplayable, every time I use my powers it feels like the game is going to freeze.

3. Gap closers like toppling charge and critical rush are launching me out of the map (or into a closet lol). Could be due to the lag most of us have been experiencing.

I'm on the NA/PS4 server. As for DLC feedback, love the craftbag, don't really care for the content. Personally I would like a great big quest line like Wrothgar and not these little "get me this quests", as @americansteel so eloquently put it. I was sick of sneaking and hiding at TG.
  • americansteel
    americansteel
    ✭✭✭✭
    RocDonald wrote: »
    Game is really glitchy. For example...

1. Targets randomly re-spawning (the optional ones) in sacrament quests. I was moving along with a perfect score (so to speak) when the dam target re-spawns right beside me not 30 seconds after I killed him. I call BS on that one.

2.My Templar is nearly unplayable, every time I use my powers it feels like the game is going to freeze.

3. Gap closers like toppling charge and critical rush are launching me out of the map (or into a closet lol). Could be due to the lag most of us have been experiencing.

I'm on the NA/PS4 server. As for DLC feedback, love the craftbag, don't really care for the content. Personally I would like a great big quest line like Wrothgar and not these little "get me this quests", as @americansteel so eloquently put it. I was sick of sneaking and hiding at TG.

i feel and share you pain.

my templar is a joke!

xbx1 we have enormous issue
    NO LONGER PLAYING ESO

POOR SERVER PERFORMANCE
    LAG
    LOAD SCREENS
    DONE
  • PrinceBoru
    PrinceBoru
    ✭✭✭✭
    DB broke the game on XB1.
    ZOS should stabilize this mess before releasing anything else.
    It ain't easy being green.