The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

ESOplus and locked out of DLC

JoeDubEdition
I have been an ESOplus subscriber for about a year now and auto-renew membership. I've checked to make sure my payment was processed (it was on June 4th)...yet, I was booted from Hew's Bain yesterday and all DLC zones are now grayed out (locked) for me. I've submitted a ticket but as of yet haven't gotten a response. Curious if anyone else is having this issue.

Not to mention, like everyone else have been having an insane amount of kicks to menu, no matter where I am, or what I'm doing. Though it seemed to be worse for me in Wrothgar.

• Balibe
    Balibe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Try resetting your XB1 and delete your game saved data. This has always resolved issues for me when the game does not recognize I am an ESO+ subscriber .....
  • TARAFRAKA
    TARAFRAKA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh honey...I went thru this since Saturday. Posted on the forums and all. No response til today and they apparently didn't read my ticket at all because the response was completely nonsensical. That continued back and forth over several hours today. Be prepared. It might get ugly.
  • AJ_1988
    AJ_1988
    ✭✭✭
    As stated above a hard reset usually solves the issue. There have been times for me where it has taken a couple of *** and a bit of a wait. You could also try deleting save data (not the game) and force a resync
  • Eletheia
    Eletheia
    ✭✭
    Yes, I am having the same issue. I reported it at 9.30am on June 20 and still the issue is not fixed. The hard reset has not worked. Microsoft removed the money from my account on June 12 and posted it to Zenimax at midnight (my renewal date is the 20th), all confirmed, so that, like so many other people, my membership is 'seamless'. What a joke. And I am not the only person...it seems to be happening to almost everyone I have talked to. Zenimax seems to be slow to respond or address the issues. I am trying to figure out where to go to next about this, because, like you, I am paying for services that I am not receiving. And yes, the lag and dashboarding has become worse, and it is not just in Wrothgar now, it seems to be everywhere. But Orsinium now seems to have the added 'bonus' of getting your character trapped in the city if you use it's wayshrine.
  • fr0stee32
    fr0stee32
    It is stunning that two years into this game's life, and one year into it's console life, that they can't get their damn billing correct. I left this game 9 months ago and just started playing again last month. This is the first renewal for the new subscription and it all goes to hell. They STILL owe me two months worth of crowns from last time (the reason I left to begin with) but I have already chalked that up as a lost cause.

I FINALLY finished the third of three main quest areas and was going to start on the DLCs and of course my membership isn't active in game, despite confirming all my responsibilities were taken care of.
  • TARAFRAKA
    TARAFRAKA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK here's what you do. I finally got my fixed. Call xbone have them reverse the payment and cancel your subscription then resubscribe while on phone with them. Worked for me last night no thanks to zenimax. Phone is 1800 4my xbox
  • JoeDubEdition
    Thanks for the info....but like you pointed out...we shouldn't have to call xbox to fix this issue. Zenimax should contact us faster after submitting a ticket. They should also look at the history of our issues we've had to submit tickets for and do something for us accordingly. Even if it's just a free month of ESO or something. My ticket log is going to be a mile long and responses to issues are coming slower and slower. While also becoming more broad, seemingly ignoring the issue we've actually contacted them about.

I love the game and I'm sure their job is hard but that isn't really the consumers concern. I can empathize with them but don't just continue to take our money and release DLC's while things remain broken and seem to get worse and worse. The onus is really on them to fix these issues and make things right with the people that really support the game with their wallets.

I overlook a lot because I love the game, my guilds and the ESO community but at some point, I imagine there will be a breaking point.

I implore the ZOS representatives to pass along this kind of info and give us a plan of action to fix these issues and how they plan to make things right, not just give us a quick "we are aware of "X" issue and we are working on it", typical canned response we get in live streams.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is a known issue, at least for me, and one of the two reasons I unsubbed in February (after having been a faithful subscriber since PC early access). The other reason was having to micromanage my Crowns balance.

I just got tired of having to be sure I received my monthly Crowns and then having to submit a ticket when I didn't. Then, on top of that, losing access to the DLC and in-game benefits from time to time. One time, I had research that took an extra 2 days, since I lost my in-game benefits. I went to the crafting table to start my next research, since the previous research should have been completed, but no, it took an extra 2 days since I lost my in-game ESO+ benefits. Couldn't go to Wrothgar a few times since I'd lost access to the DLC. Thank goodness I didn't have any characters in Wrothgar at the time.

Too much hassle on XB since it doesn't work reliably, so now I just buy the DLC I want. Until the various issues associated with ESO+ are completely fixed on XB, I won't be subbing, even though I really want the crafting bag.
  • Eletheia
    Eletheia
    ✭✭
    The unsubscribing and subscribing did not work for me. I actually repurchased the membership in the game, and it is still not showing as active. I will give them a few more hours and if it is not fixed, I will have my membership fee reversed again, and that will be it. It is laughable that the email I received when I repurchased membership said that ESO Plus members are valued. What a joke!
  • Sleep724
    Sleep724
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This just started today for me. Cleared the saved data and hard reset and nothing worked. I do the daily crafting and provisioning wrtis and the dailies in gold coast and now I can't do those. And my plus membership auto-renewed yesterday too. This really sucks.
  • TARAFRAKA
    TARAFRAKA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guys if you do what I posted above I promise it will be fixed. I even left the number. There is some type of error between the companies recognizing that your sub is paid up and this will fix it.
  • TARAFRAKA
    TARAFRAKA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eletheia wrote: »
    The unsubscribing and subscribing did not work for me. I actually repurchased the membership in the game, and it is still not showing as active. I will give them a few more hours and if it is not fixed, I will have my membership fee reversed again, and that will be it. It is laughable that the email I received when I repurchased membership said that ESO Plus members are valued. What a joke!

Did you try hard resetting after you had your sub reinstated? And I agree their service is garbage.