Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Bare Chested

CodyFurlong
CodyFurlong
✭✭
I was thinking of returning to ESO and trying my hand at a male Orc character. However this particular Orc, from a story perspective, prefers to battle bare chested, and usually with light armor, wanting the speed and mobility he would get from it over heavy armor. But in the ESO game with the way the light armor is, I don't think it's stats, and abilities would work well for this type of character, being a duel wield damage type of build. While I'm willing to compromise, and give him heavy armor, I would like to know if there are any heavy armor sets in game, that would allow him to go bare chested, or any costumes I could wear over the armors to make him look like he's bare chested / using light armor?
You search and search for something, never realizing it is within and always has been. You can not find it, you can not understand it, you simply accept, and believe, and it will grow. - Heretic's Faith, Randall N. Bills
  • czar
    czar
    ✭✭✭✭
    two of the pirate costumes are bare-chested.
    stam scrub
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Barbaric and Primal Heavy looks a lot like Light Armor, or at least, it does not look like Heavy Armor. But, yes the Pirate Costumes would be a good thing to look into if you don't have those motifs. But, those Motifs are also really cheap now.

If you want Speed and Mobility, you really want Medium Armor, not Light. Light is for Casters, Medium is Stamina. Heavy is for, well, sometimes Tanking, if you build your character to use it. Some players will mix in some Heavy with their otherwise Light or Medium Armor sets for a little more protection, or looks.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was thinking of returning to ESO and trying my hand at a male Orc character. However this particular Orc, from a story perspective, prefers to battle bare chested, and usually with light armor, wanting the speed and mobility he would get from it over heavy armor. But in the ESO game with the way the light armor is, I don't think it's stats, and abilities would work well for this type of character, being a duel wield damage type of build. While I'm willing to compromise, and give him heavy armor, I would like to know if there are any heavy armor sets in game, that would allow him to go bare chested, or any costumes I could wear over the armors to make him look like he's bare chested / using light armor?

On most sets,if you have at least four pieces,you'll get good perks from them.
    Just leave off the chest piece.
    Also,I made an alt that only killed bare handed and it was a lot of fun because I still got certain skills that were great aids to it all.
  • CodyFurlong
    CodyFurlong
    ✭✭
    schip wrote: »

Where would I find these pirate costumes at?
    You search and search for something, never realizing it is within and always has been. You can not find it, you can not understand it, you simply accept, and believe, and it will grow. - Heretic's Faith, Randall N. Bills
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    schip wrote: »

Where would I find these pirate costumes at?

Crown store.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • xerasia
    xerasia
    ✭✭✭
    If you like the appearance of the darker pirate costume but aren't crazy about the headpiece, you can go to options and select "hide helmet" and *poof* it's gone.
    Xerasia - Bosmer Magicka Templar | NA EP
    Galasha - Orc Stamina Dragonknight | NA EP
    Haileigha - Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | NA EP
    Zaxaria - lvl 21 Argonian I don't even know what to do with this one Nightblade | NA EP
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good intel!!, I also run a Orc, with a massive gut (Chef Alt now 1st aider for my new starter guild mates) so want to run him bare chested too will try the above!
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP