The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

vMSA Weapons for PvP ?

SupremeTravie
SupremeTravie
✭✭
Why doesn't ZoS put some of these weapons maybe just one a week with the monster helm vendor.. Most players who use them are pvpers and don't pve that much. That being said the arena itself is pretty hard and most people are still unable to do it. It took them forever to throw us a bone to give us some armor that was useful and reward our AP that was not being used for anything. Why can't we get the same with useful weapons also now ?
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pvpers are actually the best when it comes to completing the arena
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ask for better RNG. Do not ask for them to become purchaseable. MA would never be run anymore if you could buy these weapons for 200K AP a pop.

Players do not need Maelstrom Weapons to be competitive or strong. They are definitely great, but should be earned unlike practically all gear you'll ever really need which can be purchased or crafted easily. Unless you are running Vet Trials there is no reason why you must have Maelstrom weapons, and even then you don't always need them.

Honestly, let's leave Master and Maelstrom weapons (along with the next three Ability-altering weapons) as loot you have to earn through skill and experience rather than purchase. :)
  • SupremeTravie
    SupremeTravie
    ✭✭
    Doncellius wrote: »
    Ask for better RNG. Do not ask for them to become purchaseable. MA would never be run anymore if you could buy these weapons for 200K AP a pop.

Players do not need Maelstrom Weapons to be competitive or strong. They are definitely great, but should be earned unlike practically all gear you'll ever really need which can be purchased or crafted easily. Unless you are running Vet Trials there is no reason why you must have Maelstrom weapons, and even then you don't always need them.

Honestly, let's leave Master and Maelstrom weapons (along with the next three Ability-altering weapons) as loot you have to earn through skill and experience rather than purchase. :)

My point is we PvPers should have access to these weapons or something like it. It doesn't have to be 200k just make a way for us to get it. Maybe 1 Mil ? Idk. Or as campaign rewards like the master weapons were before.
  • Zyle
    Zyle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because $. Master weapons used to drop in EOC rewards for top 2% but when IC hit they weren't scaled (probably because Orsinium was around the corner). If they give out VMA weapons then PvPers have no incentive to even purchase the DLC.

I want them to scale Master weapons to CP160 and add them back to EOC rewards, I'm fine with VMA staying in VMA personally.

676 CP
    Zyle - LVL50 Stamina Nightblade - Former Emp AS - VMA Clear (Flawless)
    Joven - LVL50 Hybrid Templar
    Adion - LVL50 Stamina DK
    Radac - LVL50 Magicka Sorcerer
    Vanikath - LVL50 Magicka DK
  • SupremeTravie
    SupremeTravie
    ✭✭
    Zyle wrote: »
    Because $. Master weapons used to drop in EOC rewards for top 2% but when IC hit they weren't scaled (probably because Orsinium was around the corner). If they give out VMA weapons then PvPers have no incentive to even purchase the DLC.

I want them to scale Master weapons to CP160 and add them back to EOC rewards, I'm fine with VMA staying in VMA personally.

I would be fine with that too .
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is sad to see. The game is so much more interesting when different gear is acquired from different content.
  • Mac10murda
    Mac10murda
    ✭✭✭
    Pvp should just have there own type of master weapons
  • SupremeTravie
    SupremeTravie
    ✭✭
    Mac10murda wrote: »
    Pvp should just have there own type of master weapons

this guy knows what he's talking about here ^
  • Fignutz821
    Fignutz821
    ✭✭✭
    yet another player asking for handouts and doesn't want to play the game....
    CR 561+
    LV 50 Nord Dk tank/stam DPS (stormproof)
    LV 50 High Elf Sorc DPS (flawless)
    LV 50 Argonian Templar Helaer (yes its a lizard, SMH)
    LV 50 Breton NB magicka DPS (stormproof)
    LV 50 Imperial Stamplar (Jabicus)
    LV 50 khajit Stamblade (Panthrro from the thunder cats)
    LV 50 Redguard stamsorc (stormproof/AD spy)
    LV 50 Dark Elf Magic DK (stormproof/ DC spy)

All characters are NA EP xbox1 (I bleed red)
  • Spliffo
    Spliffo
    ✭✭✭✭
    As a pvper I vote no. OP if you want the weapons go do the content
  • SupremeTravie
    SupremeTravie
    ✭✭
    Fignutz821 wrote: »
    yet another player asking for handouts and doesn't want to play the game....

yet another pvp player asking for some pvp content love. i've been playing since beta . so tell me again who hasn't played the game mr xbox 1 player.
  • kadar
    kadar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why doesn't ZoS put some of these weapons maybe just one a week with the monster helm vendor.. Most players who use them are pvpers and don't pve that much. That being said the arena itself is pretty hard and most people are still unable to do it. It took them forever to throw us a bone to give us some armor that was useful and reward our AP that was not being used for anything. Why can't we get the same with useful weapons also now ?

Maelstrom weapons are just as useful in PVE as in PVP.

I believe that powerful gear should require the completion of hard content.
  • SupremeTravie
    SupremeTravie
    ✭✭

Maelstrom weapons are just as useful in PVE as in PVP.

I believe that powerful gear should require the completion of hard content.

true which I do agree with but they seem to only implement that with PVE standards. Should they not also reward the PvP players who worked hard to get on the leader boards for AP ? Same concept really. Or like how some people have Grand Overlord or whatever the 50 rank is and have no real rewards to show for it ?
  • GrigorijMalahevich
    GrigorijMalahevich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Need dlc? Put the vendor in Maelstrom Arena Area.
    Need high price? Make it cost 500 000 AP and 150 000 gold or something. If you actually want to buy it, you have to spend a lot of time PvPing and farming…

I did VMA about 5 times and got defending axes and don't feel like investing so much time in very frustrating content anymore... I would be much better of paying for it with Crowns or AP+Gold or even Crowns+AP+Gold (really want Lightning and Inferno sharpened staffs, but common, I will need around 300 clears to get that and for me it is +-500-600 hours. Considering that I can play 2-3 hours per day it would take me around half a year of non stop VMA farming... For a staff that is not THAT good.
    Let's get real guys :)
    PC/EU 800 CP.
    PvP MagSorc.
    Pedro Gonzales - Mag Sorc EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/CB6j6
    Valera Progib - Stam Sorc DC vMA Flawless Conqueror clear https://i.imgur.com/eYgpXG2.png
    Valera Pozhar - Mag DK EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/jrsuK
    Valera Podlechi - Mag Templar AD vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/N0BYq
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    KEEP MAELSTROM WEAPONS IN MAELSTROM ! It will make you a better player when you've finished it. I've farmerd the arena for a while now, never got anything useful only precise one handed swords and defending daggers

I understand selling monster helms, its annoying to grind same dungeons over and over.
    If they start to sell Maelstrom and Master weapons why not sell the gear from Trials too ?

Or sell Maelstrom for like 500k gold and 1 million APs. Thats the price for those I'd say
    Edited by Izaki on June 21, 2016 12:45PM
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Valera Progib

Your sig kinda pissed me off. If you're a sorc and get killed in this patch means something is wrong. Sorcs have problems but nothing that was changed in DB has affected Magic sorcs in any way. Seriously stop the cinema, my sorc can still take on X players and kick their asses. You don't even need Maelstrom weapons in this patch, because weapon enchants are way more powerful => 350 spell damage vs 189 spell damage. And you don't use wall of elements in PvP. Seriously stop it, adress real problems, like the useless pets and toggles. Shields are fine. Surge change doesn't affect you because you probably were using entropy anyways.

Sorry to come down kinda hard like that, but I hate hearing people whine about irrelevant changes while not paying attention to the elephant sitting right next to them. Kinda like ZOS does and gets spat in the face for it. Well players do the same thing

Anyway take your sorc back and kick ass with it.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • GrigorijMalahevich
    GrigorijMalahevich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @IzakiBrotheSs

My signature is for fun, I do not have any problems PvPing and can still 1vsX, though my burst suffered because of Dawnbreaker not scaling with Magicka builds. I actually feel that my Sorc become stronger with Light armor shield blocking all damage. As Dunmer if I don't block/roll and just CC break, I never run out of stamina and Lich set gives me infinite Magicka, I can tank out a lot of damage. I don't really need any Sorc changes, maybe some instant cast damage ultimate as substitute to dawnbreaker removal and we are laughing.

P.S. just as the patch came out it was quite frustrating to get killed by Nightblades that would just stand and out heal my push and probably counting to 6 to jump and burst me, but defensive rune now is my primary defense ability. (Used to just use it for horse simulator to defend against ganks).

I agree that wall of elements is useless in PvP, but my Lich set with Skoria would benefit from a staff with 1set bonus, for min/maxing.

PC/EU 800 CP.
    PvP MagSorc.
    Pedro Gonzales - Mag Sorc EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/CB6j6
    Valera Progib - Stam Sorc DC vMA Flawless Conqueror clear https://i.imgur.com/eYgpXG2.png
    Valera Pozhar - Mag DK EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/jrsuK
    Valera Podlechi - Mag Templar AD vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/N0BYq
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @IzakiBrotheSs

My signature is for fun, I do not have any problems PvPing and can still 1vsX, though my burst suffered because of Dawnbreaker not scaling with Magicka builds. I actually feel that my Sorc become stronger with Light armor shield blocking all damage. As Dunmer if I don't block/roll and just CC break, I never run out of stamina and Lich set gives me infinite Magicka, I can tank out a lot of damage. I don't really need any Sorc changes, maybe some instant cast damage ultimate as substitute to dawnbreaker removal and we are laughing.

P.S. just as the patch came out it was quite frustrating to get killed by Nightblades that would just stand and out heal my push and probably counting to 6 to jump and burst me, but defensive rune now is my primary defense ability. (Used to just use it for horse simulator to defend against ganks).

I agree that wall of elements is useless in PvP, but my Lich set with Skoria would benefit from a staff with 1set bonus, for min/maxing.

Yeah I'm sorry man I'm just getting tired of people saying that there was a nerf when there isn't, I mean there's a lot of improvement to do with sorcs, but different kind of improvement not just simple buffes/nerfs to single skills, most of the skills Daedric Summoning skill tree needs to change. And yeah when will we get a real ultimate ?

By the way you use Skoria on your sorc? On what DoTs can you proc it ? And also how can you use Skoria if you wear the Lich set ? :open_mouth: You can't wear any monster set I switched to running seducer with 1 Kena and Torug's Pact to help sustain (no money for the Lich haha) personnaly and I might go back to my good old Kagrenac's Hope with Transmutation set up. I also like Soul Assault after dropping my frags to get them to 20% and get fury to proc now that dawnbreaker is gone. On my stam sorc dawnbreaker is amazing though ! ;)
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • SupremeTravie
    SupremeTravie
    ✭✭
    Need dlc? Put the vendor in Maelstrom Arena Area.
    Need high price? Make it cost 500 000 AP and 150 000 gold or something. If you actually want to buy it, you have to spend a lot of time PvPing and farming…

I did VMA about 5 times and got defending axes and don't feel like investing so much time in very frustrating content anymore... I would be much better of paying for it with Crowns or AP+Gold or even Crowns+AP+Gold (really want Lightning and Inferno sharpened staffs, but common, I will need around 300 clears to get that and for me it is +-500-600 hours. Considering that I can play 2-3 hours per day it would take me around half a year of non stop VMA farming... For a staff that is not THAT good.
    Let's get real guys :)

I agree the only thing with this idea that needs to be careful with is paying for the item with crowns we don't want to turn the game into a pay to win market.
  • SupremeTravie
    SupremeTravie
    ✭✭
    KEEP MAELSTROM WEAPONS IN MAELSTROM ! It will make you a better player when you've finished it. I've farmerd the arena for a while now, never got anything useful only precise one handed swords and defending daggers

I understand selling monster helms, its annoying to grind same dungeons over and over.
    If they start to sell Maelstrom and Master weapons why not sell the gear from Trials too ?

Or sell Maelstrom for like 500k gold and 1 million APs. Thats the price for those I'd say

I honestly wouldn't even mind those prices .. But farming for the monster helms is the same general topic of farming for the Maelstrom weapons ? So i don't see what your issue is .