The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

The Harborage - Skip The First "Talk To The Prophet"

Gandrhulf_Harbard
Gandrhulf_Harbard
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
We already have the option of skipping through the Coldharbour introduction if we have completed it once.

Why can we not do the same at the Harborage.

All we do is talk to the Prophet and follow him through a few visions of the past.

After you've done it once doing it again is a pure waste of ten minutes.

There is no logical reason for being allowed to skip Coldharbour but not The Harborage.

All The Best
Those memories come back to haunt me, they haunt me like a curse.
Is a dream a lie if it don't come true, or is it something worse.
  • EinionYrth
    EinionYrth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hell yes. Does my nut in, it was too slow the first time, thereafter...
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A few minutes for a effortless skill point? At L4? You can't handle this?

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Aett_Thorn
    Aett_Thorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As someone who makes a decent amount of Alts, I would love to be able to skip through this. Even a simple dialogue prompt of "I can sense that you already know the history of these events, would you like to be reminded?" or something like that would be great.

Sure, it's only a few minutes per character, but if you make a decent amount of characters, it just gets really boring. It's nothing but exposition that you really only need to hear once.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I must have done this 10 times or so, and it does get a little "predictable", shall we say?

Just a "skip to the end" button would be nice.
  • Gandrhulf_Harbard
    Gandrhulf_Harbard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    A few minutes for a effortless skill point? At L4? You can't handle this?

I'd rather lose the Skill Point and not have to do it again thank you.

All The Best
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just let him talk and go get more coffee...
    The Moot Councillor
  • Sotha_Sil
    Sotha_Sil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skipping the tutorial is ok as you don't have a choice if you want to create a character. Skipping quests is totally different.

It's like asking : "ZOS, can we have a "SKIP Button" for every quest so we can be VR14 in one day? Thanks."
    Edited by Sotha_Sil on April 30, 2015 2:34PM
    Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! - Spells and incantations for those with the talent to cast them!
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I call this one The Lecturage, and I've been through it 16 times. The first time I was interested in what I was being told. Every other time it has been literally the most mind-numbing thing in the entire game. If there was anything at all that you actually had to do during this "quest" other than follow the prophet around and listen to/watch exposition, then it wouldn't be so bad. As it is, this isn't a quest. It's a lecture.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • EinionYrth
    EinionYrth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sotha_Sil wrote: »
    Skipping the tutorial is ok as you don't have a choice if you want to create a character. Skipping quests is totally different.

It's like asking : "ZOS, can we have a "SKIP Button" for every quest so we can be VR14 in one day? Thanks."

It's scarcely a quest; it's a rather poor script that I now know better than the voice actor and some moving around at a crawl. You don't even get to hit anything.
  • Gandrhulf_Harbard
    Gandrhulf_Harbard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

No, its nothing like that at all.

If I'd have wanted that I would have asked for it.

All The Best
  • PKMN12
    PKMN12
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I HATE doing all these quests all the time, i have done them several times, and they are predictable and boring, can i have the ability to skip them?
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I would usually agree for the exact reason you say, as you shouldn't be able to just skip quests and still get the rewards, but there is absolutely nothing to do in this quest at all. The skill point and XP you get at the end is literally for doing nothing other that pressing E and W. I'm more opposed to the fact you can skip the tutorial and get to Level 3 without doing any of the things that provide the XP to get you there, than I am to skipping a "scene event", which the entire of this quest is.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »

I would usually agree for the exact reason you say, as you shouldn't be able to just skip quests and still get the rewards, but there is absolutely nothing to do in this quest at all. The skill point and XP you get at the end is literally for doing nothing other that pressing E and W. I'm more opposed to the fact you can skip the tutorial and get to Level 3 without doing any of the things that provide the XP to get you there, than I am to skipping a "scene event", which the entire of this quest is.
    Agreed entirely. As a general rule I'm not OK with being able to skip quests, but this one really isn't a quest.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Serenityx
    Serenityx
    ✭✭✭
    Just destroyed 30 minutes of a perfectly good XP scroll on my first alt because I completely forgot that once you talk to the prophet in the harborage he forces you into it. There is no option at that point to come back and do it later... Rip all that XP coulda been getting from quests/mobs
  • BlitzGirl41
    BlitzGirl41
    ✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »

I have to agree. Whenever I skip the tutorial, I spawn in the starter city without any additional armor, weapons, or money other than what I get from the bag at that point, which ends up putting my toon at a disadvantage. Tutorials are annoying, yes, especially when you have many alts, but at least the intro to this game is more interesting than the speech/lecture "quests".
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If I'm repeating such quests, I am likely watching a movie or tv show on a second monitor.
  • Remmo
    Remmo
    ✭✭
    Yup, I'd like to see a 'Skip Scene' button for solo content once you've done it once.
    It really is a silly state of affairs when you have to wander off and make a coffee in real life because you can't bare to listen to it all again, especially when, like a previous poster mentioned, you have XP scrolls/pots ticking away in the background.
    I must have done the Harbourage scene 50+ times now because i love creating alts and playing with new ideas. There are also a few other moments in the game that would also benefit from such a feature.
  • snorlockb16_ESO
    snorlockb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I like the tutorial in that you can get a fair amount of equipment, even just to deconstruct and get your skills started. I earn a few levels (instead of being handed them) and start with 3 skills already on the way to being morphed.

The Prophet "quest" is just walking around and skipping through a convo. You aren't achieving anything. It's necessary background to the story if you've never been through it before but it doesn't mean anything if you have. There is no choice, no consequence, nothing random to find. It would mean more to me if you got a random part of a "Prophet" set that you could complete at you go through his quests, and that would level with you. Something unique in the game that made following the storyline worthwhile for the second, third, etc time.