The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Re-writing main quest?

Gargath
Gargath
✭✭✭✭✭
Is it possible that the main quest lines will be some day re-written to bring it more depth relevant to the alliance we are currently in or the class and race?
I mean it's the same for all characters and in this way not much creative, became boring after 1-st completion, because we already know what will be for the second time. No more surprises.

So many quests around in Tamriel but the main story is so much linear
Just go here and there, speak and click, text lines the same for each character.

I dream of a situation like we have in SWTOR - every class has it's own completely different class story.

In this way the main quest isn't becoming a pure skill point giver after we complete it for the first time, but is something important, for which we want to start another character.
PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • JimmyKeal
    JimmyKeal
    I think every MMO has to have a backbone, a structure which most players will end up coming to follow. Despite the multitude of things you can do on ESO, there is always the main questline that every player can relate to.

I think that's important, not just for ESO, but for MMO games in general. So although I see where you're coming from, I wouldn't want them to change or re-write the main questline. There are many different quests depending on which alliance you're with, and that's good enough for me. I actually enjoy that fact that all players, no matter what class, alliance, game style etc will more than likely experience the main quest and enjoy it for what it is.

Plus, players new to MMO games, or even Elder Scrolls games in general, might need a bit of a push in terms of what their purpose is on the game, the main questline focuses on not over complicating things, which is very useful.

The main quest is just scratching the surface in comparison to the real depth of the game, which is exactly how it should be :)
  • HisShadowX
    HisShadowX
    ✭✭✭
    Gargath wrote: »
    Is it possible that the main quest lines will be some day re-written to bring it more depth relevant to the alliance we are currently in or the class and race?
    I mean it's the same for all characters and in this way not much creative, became boring after 1-st completion, because we already know what will be for the second time. No more surprises.

Just go here and there, speak and click, text lines the same for each character.

I dream of a situation like we have in SWTOR - every class has it's own completely different class story.

In this way the main quest isn't becoming a pure skill point giver after we complete it for the first time, but is something important, for which we want to start another character.
    Gargath wrote: »

• HisShadowX
    HisShadowX
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry I can't agree with anything emulating that horrid Bioware game. There is a reason why they had two million and lost almost all their subs. They choose to focus on a hardcore minority and even though they added casual features they still made the game geared to hardcore players.

This game on release was panned because it was too focused on the hardcore minority the old Everquest players. Then they completely changed things around and this is the most casual friendly game out there and we are number one