Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Newb need some help

misiumoto
misiumoto
Soul Shriven
Hello at the beginning, I would like to say hello and i apologize in advance for my poor English.
For my first adventure i would like to start as a sorcerer in stamina.
If such a thing is possible? What armor i should wear? leather , medium , heavy ?
What a race i should pick ? I would like run with 2h weapon.
Please advice
  • misiumoto
    misiumoto
    Soul Shriven
    ref
  • hakan
    hakan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, i don't know much but Dunmer with extra stam and Bosmer with extra stam and stam regen would be okay i guess but i don't think you will have good damage.

I think the best advice is: You should start with one of the standard builds and see yourself if it is possible. IMO, it won't be viable.
  • Amdar_Godkiller
    Amdar_Godkiller
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stam Sorcs are a real thing. I've yet to build one; but they'd definitely  wear 5 medium/1 Heavy/1 Light armor. 

For race, I think Orcs, Khajit, Imperial, and Redguard are best. 

They use mostly weapon and fighter's guild skills, with only a couple of class skills, but they do have class-based AOE, so they are probably among the better stamina classes for Two-handed, because 2H lacks Area of Effect attacks. 

I think they can heal themselves through critical attacks, so Khajit might be interesting.

You might try mixing Hunding's rage set with Varen's Legacy, to maximize AOE, critical damage, and weapon's damage.I'd probably go with a Khajit (high crit with sustain) or an Imperial Werewolf (high base damage with sustain)