The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Spell damage weapon enchant?

Blevil
Blevil
✭✭✭
Is there a spell damage weapon enchant in DB? I can't remember where I read it but I think it said something like weapon damage glyphs now increase sell damage too. Can someone post a link if there is one. Thanks
|--| /-\ \/\/ /-\ | | `"*-.,
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, there is. The old increase weapon dmg enchant for weapons will give both weapon/spell dmg in the DB update.

The value has also been increased so it now gives something like 600 weapon/spell dmg at legendary CP160.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Use Okori. The name of the enchant will still say weapon damage, but the tooltip and says it's both spell and weapon damage.
  • MightyMalloy
    MightyMalloy
    ✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »
    Use Okori. The name of the enchant will still say weapon damage, but the tooltip and says it's both spell and weapon damage.

So a Itade, Kuta and Okori would make a weapon and spell dmg enchant for weapons?
    are you looking to join a PlayStation 4 EU guild add my PSN: MightyMalloy and send me a friend request Saying Guild! Undaunted!
  • SJD_Phoenix
    SJD_Phoenix
    ✭✭✭
    Can I also assume it still works actively for 6 seconds after a hit rather than passively like maelstrom and master weps?
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »

So a Itade, Kuta and Okori would make a weapon and spell dmg enchant for weapons?

Repora, not Itade. Itade will give you an absorb enchant.
  • S'yn
    S'yn
    ✭✭✭
    You may find spell penetration yields more DPS than raw spell power... just sayin, consider all your options before you commit. There are plenty of threads to read through about maximizing DPS.
  • Evil_Rurouni
    Evil_Rurouni
    ✭✭✭
    S'yn wrote: »
    You may find spell penetration yields more DPS than raw spell power... just sayin, consider all your options before you commit. There are plenty of threads to read through about maximizing DPS.

Is there an enchantment for spell penetration now?

If so, what runes would I need to make one?
  • Serenityx
    Serenityx
    ✭✭✭
    There is no enchantment that increases spell penetration. Instead the old "glyph of crushing" which used to only reduce physical resistance of a target now lowers physical and spell resistance too.

If you are 50 enchant, use deteri and an itade (or any other negative potency = to OR below the weapons level) for spell/phys armor debuff enchant.
  • Mush55
    Mush55
    ✭✭✭✭
    S'yn wrote: »

Just use a sharpened weapon problem solved...