Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Gave up trying to make a Dunmer

Bebopgroove
Bebopgroove
✭✭✭
I've tried creating a handsome male Dunmer many times now. Only to have them exit the little house in Davon's Watch looking less than stellar. As everyone knows, the lighting in the creation screen is pretty bad. But some of the NPCs though look half-way decent. Is there any site that provides slider stats to work off of?
  • CirithValaria
    CirithValaria
    ✭✭✭✭
    Handsome is of course a matter of taste, but I'm quite happy with mine and I can promise u can make a beautiful/handsome Dunmer (goes with every race/gender) :
    (gotta use old pictures, since facial expressions are laggy atm and everyone looks grumpy)

11154923_1603353203268650_7833931853222859508_o.jpg

10624893_1508056459464992_6716466715655231581_n.jpg?oh=fa5aef4977ef14357316ce79638da5bc&oe=56E9872F

10632699_1508056699464968_6932573998965225404_n.jpg?oh=8bd7b1c55bf41f368af846f9d935cfee&oe=571A1F85

10495284_1461314994139139_7836085768364285800_o.jpg
    Motto:
    “What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us...
    What we have done for others and the world, it remains and is immortal...”

About me:
    @Cirith-Valar'ia & @Lilith-Valar'ia (in-game)
    | hardcore-casual | pc-eu / ps4-eu | pve | pvp | player since early beta | subscriber since early-launch |
    | The Sanctum Sanctorum - founder & guild master |

Characters:
    @Cirith-Valar'ia(pc-eu)
    Cirith Valar'ia | Dunmer (F) | Lady of Light, Templar DD (stamina) | (ex)VR 16 | Aldmeri Dominion (Master Crafter - all crafts, traits & styles.)
    Nezghul Sithis | Breton (F) | Winter Ward, Warden Tank (magic) | lvl 50 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Hakrate Hecate | Orc (F) | Dying Light, Templar DD (stamina, PvP) | lvl 50 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Tummien-Vesien-Tulkki | Argonian (M) | Blood Shield, Nightblade Tank (magic) | (ex)VR 16 | Ebonheart Pact
    Valonkantaja | Argonian (F) | Healer of the Hist, Templar Healer | (ex)VR 16 | Ebonheart Pact
    Tulenvalaja | Argonian (M) | Guardian of the Hist, Dragonknight DD (magic) | (ex)VR 16 | Ebonheart Pact
    Kuolon-Raatojen-Kaitsija | Argonian (M) | Corpsekeeper of the Hist, Necromancer Tank (magic) | lvl 20 | Ebonheart Pact
    Kal-Mah | Argonian (F) | Spawn of Wamasu, Sorcerer Tank (magic) | (ex)VR 16 | Ebonheart Pact
    Puutiainen | Bosmer (F) | Horny Ravager, Sorcerer DD (stamina) | (ex)VR 16 | Daggerfall Covenant
    Musta-Surma | Khajiit (F) | Nightpawler, Nightblade DD - thief/murderer (stamina) | (ex)VR 16 | Daggerfall Covenant
    T'Sok Shiar | Altmer (F) | Touched by Daedra, Sorcerer DD (magic) | (ex)VR 1 | Daggerfall Covenant (Master Cook - all recipes.)
    S'auron | Khajiit (M) | Poison Paw, Dragonknight DD (stamina) | lvl 50 | Daggerfall Covenant
    (1100CP)

@Lilith-Valar'ia(pc-eu)
    Lilith Valar'ia | Dunmer (F) | Phœnix, Dragonknight Healer | lvl 25 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Stormpaw | Khajiit (F) | Cpt. Pirate Puss, Sorcerer DD (stamina) | lvl 25 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Iliath Valar'ia | Dunmer (F) | Storm Ward, Sorcerer Tank (magic) | lvl 25 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Haudantakainen | Argonian (M) | Pale Avenger, Nightblade DD (magic) | lvl 25 | Ebonheart Pact
    Kira Tal'Shiar | Breton (F) | Warrior of Light, Templar DD (magic) | lvl 10 | Ebonheart Pact
    Sunpaw | Khajiit (M) | Crescent Moon Guardian, Templar Tank (stamina, PvP) | lvl 40 | Daggerfall Covenant
    Shangri Shadowtusk | Orc (F) | Shadowtusk, Nightblade DD (stamina) | lvl 50 | Daggerfall Covenant
    (180CP)

@CirithValaria(ps4-eu)
    Topaz-dar | Khajiit (F) | Mysticat, Sorcerer DD (stamina) | lvl 5 | Aldmeri Dominion
    Her-Frozen-Heart | Argonian (F) | Frozen Shield, Warden Tank (magicka) | lvl 5 | Daggerfall Covenant
    Neazgûl | Redguard (F) | Bear Matron, Warden DD (stamina) | lvl 50 | Daggerfall Covenant
    (160CP)
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You know how I fixed my problem? I always wear a Breton hood with the face mask lol. Although I recently upgraded all my gear and now I cover my ugliness with a dwemer mask hahaha.
  • Daraugh
    Daraugh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elves are tricky since they have very extreme features. The easiest way to start is to put the body sliders at medium (go back to tweak later) start with the bald head and no scars, makeup or tattoos and choose the skin tone first. The most prominent elf features, depending on the look you want, can be toned down to be more humanly attractive. Give him a shorter chin, narrow the cheekbones. All those typically "elf features" just need to be tempered a bit like @CirithValaria did, very nice Dunmer btw! Then, like the poster above, with the chin, nose, cheekbones made smaller, the prominent ears look great!

Balance is the key here, taking notes of what looks off when you leave the house compared to the creation screen would help too. Once you're out of the house, go to different locations in the city, in different buildings and lighting types. That will really help you get a good idea of where the problem features are. I've done it myself!

I can post a Dunmer guy with sliders later today or tomorrow as well :)

Update: Urgh... I made a Dunmer hottie and lost my screenshots. I'll give it another shot though!
    Edited by Daraugh on December 9, 2015 9:34PM
    May all beings have happiness
    May they be free from suffering
    May they find the joy that has never known suffering
    May they be free from attachment and hatred
  • Totalitarian
    Totalitarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me, I have an Altmer who looks horrible on the character selection screen, but in game, she looks amazing.
    PC NA CP 531+
    Aedric Fury Sits Around Doing Nothing
    Sola Auroron Magicka Templar
    Lunaria Chimeri Magicka Dragonknight
    The Chosen of the Storm Stamina Sorcerer
    Ward-Scales Magicka Nightblade
    Sanctius Luxen Stamina Templar
    Nerwaye Auroron Magicka Sorcerer
    Warden Vyrkyl Stamina Dragonknight
    The Ninth Adventurer Stamina Nightblade
    Magna-Sola Magicka Templar
    The Celestial Lady Magicka Templar
    Read their adventures!
    The Celestial Lady
  • Wanpe
    Wanpe
    ✭✭✭
    As someone who has spent much time creating female characters, I can only tell you will not find any pages to help you. Everything is based on trial and error. It is true that does not help the difference between the screen of creation and the end result in the game. I lost literally weeks searching for something I liked.It depends on the physical characteristics that you like and time you are willing to lose until you find what you are looking for.

When you try several times you will see that it will become increasingly easy going distinguishing what works for you and what does not. Do not be afraid to try extreme, it is often what works best. For the occasion I created my first male character: a dark elf. Hope this can help you.

See you in Tamriel ;)

[img][/img]Dark%20Elf%200_zpsoq1axrro.png

[img][/img]Dark%20Elf_zpsicauacul.png

• Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    pretty boys, pfft

23853-1-1239938773.jpg

you're welcome
  • Bebopgroove
    Bebopgroove
    ✭✭✭
    I took a stab and created a male Dunmer who seems ok right now, I'll post pics tomorrow.
  • WreckfulAbandon
    WreckfulAbandon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If there was a contest for which race could look the most metal, Dunmer would win flat out.
    PC NA

All my comments are regarding PvP
  • PrinceBoru
    PrinceBoru
    ✭✭✭✭
    Here is my new storage alt.
    Her name is Rose.
    I think she's a hot Dunmer.
    She is a hot Dunmer.
    Because, y'know, the whole flame talent passive.
    15-12-1065623PMThu_Dec_10_17-40-08_CST_2015_zpsrbsnfq7d.png

It ain't easy being green.
  • Vanady
    Vanady
    ✭✭✭
    Dunmers are actually supposed to be ugly.

Though my female dark elf looks pretty. I'm sure you can make a good looking male dunmer too. ^^

xu3n4r7xmyt4.png
    Edited by Vanady on December 11, 2015 6:47AM
    Guilds: Hodor / Aurora Avalonis / Exterminatus / Ghost & Goblins

@ VanaEvr (EU PC EP)
    Vanady Y - Templar Healer - Breton
    Vaine Evr - Nightblade Magicka - Dark Elf
    Va'shjra Yaz - Dragonknight Stamina - Khajiit
    Vasorcys - Sorceress Magicka - Breton
    Vanaya W - Warden Healer - Breton
    Vanea Vany - Dragonknight Magicka - Breton
    Vanecro X - Necromancer Healer - Breton

My Youtube Channel Here
    My Twitch Channel Here
  • Circuitica
    Circuitica
    ✭✭✭
    Circu already appears on @CirithValaria 's post but I want to show her off a little bit more.

For me many female Dunmers look somewhat angry or bored. I wanted to create a cute one. She's my first main character in the game and I'm quite happy with her looks.

09dacef1cd824bb9dfdf8a6ea81e9b.jpg
    15.jpg 86.4K
    That's what a dose of reality does for you. Never touch the stuff myself.

Circuitica - Dunmer Dragonknight (AD) | Black Wind, Fire and Steel
    Nokkonen - Bosmer Sorcerer (DC) | Scholar of Storm Magic
    Suhisee Kaislikossa - Argonian Nightblade (EP) | Assassin in Shadows
    Tiikerililja - Khajiit Templar (DC) | Princess of Warm Sands
    Tulimir - Khajiit Dragonknight (EP) | Fiery Puss
    Myrskytuuli - Argonian Sorcerer (EP) | Hatchling of Thunder
    Dovepaw - Khajiit Templar (AD) | Reaper of Light
    Pörröpeppu - Khajiit Nightblade (DC) | Black Death's Twin Sister

tigers-and-lilies.tumblr.com/ | https://facebook.com/tiikerililja/
  • Bebopgroove
    Bebopgroove
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, a day later, but here is Mr. Torvek..
    You'll have to excuse his attire, he's brand new.

9k8c3n.jpg
    2ijhrwh.jpg
    oqlt29.jpg
  • SlayerSyrena
    SlayerSyrena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dunmer, ugly? No way! I love how my Dunmer looks. (My character, Valmion Hlaalu on the left with the Magistrix, played by Sebaya, on the right.)

screenshot_20151204_003941_by_slayersyrena-d9iynbs.png
    Ebonheart Pact
    All PC/NA, Level 50 * Current Champion Points: 930
    Cyndril - Bosmer Vampire Nightblade - Dual Wield Blades and Bow
    Saryn Duskbringer - Altmer Vampire Sorcerer - Destro and Resto Staves
    Valmion Hlaalu - Dunmer Templar Healer - Resto and Destroy Staves
    Solus Lighthawke - Altmer DK Tank- Sword n' Board and Greatsword
    Stitches-for-Riches - Argonian Templar Healer- Resto
    Ashiran Zahuluu - Dunmer Stam Sorc - Dual Wield Blades and Bow
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Kivian Nightshade - Altmer Magicka NB - Destro/Resto Staves
    Daggerfall Covenant
    S'rala Sugar Claws - Khajiit Stamina Sorc - Dual Wield and Greatsword

Member of the closed early beta group, The Psijic Order
    Guest on first ESO Live
    My ESO fan art and comics
  • MarrazzMist
    MarrazzMist
    ✭✭✭✭
    For me, I have an Altmer who looks horrible on the character selection screen, but in game, she looks amazing.

I have similar issue with my brand new nord. Every time in character selection I wonder, how on earth I made her look like THAT. Then in game she looks just like I wanted her to.
  • Amour
    Amour
    ✭✭✭
    6Y2s5w9.png

My precious Sorceress in her early stage.
  • Bebopgroove
    Bebopgroove
    ✭✭✭
    Aww, back before clothing was altered. Dammit Zenimax, why did you do this?
  • SToneZ_
    SToneZ_
    ✭✭✭✭
    uv9ewcxpjosi.png
    this is Xal'Kar i think mine looks pretty cool
    4.png 1.3M
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eh. Like others say, it's about taste.

Every single Dark Elf I've seen looks ugly and evil to me.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • waterfairy
    waterfairy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I made a Dunmer once, she got caught trying to steal some clothes and racked up such a noobish bounty that I said screw it and deleted her...RIP half naked nameless Dunmer girl
    ZXMvqws.png