Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Dreugh wax

ArpamiesFin
ArpamiesFin
✭✭✭
Just refined 600 hide scraps and not one as in zero dreugh wax, awesome, working as intended right?
Cant wait for dark brotherhood to hit consoles so i can make new fancy gear and upgrade them to gold quality in the next thousand years or so.
  • Jciampi
    Jciampi
    ✭✭✭
    I usually get one out of every ten or twenty (100 or 200) of the raw material. I hit the lottery the other day though. Bought a stack of 200 raw, and got 3 dreugh wax and a few elegant linings. I don't think I'll be that lucky again though
  • Rva_Kun
    Rva_Kun
    ✭✭✭
    Once the servers are up, it's back to making 50 or more dreugh wax a day. Oh and Alloy and Kuta and Ancestor Silk and of course Rubedite Ingot.
    Actions Speak Louder Than Words.
    Fear Over The Internet = Priceless.
    Correcting Ego's Since 03'
    NA > EU

• phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I seem to get more legendary from refining when I'm doing multiple different kind of raw material rather than from a single type. I got 3 tempering alloys in a single session 1 from high iron ore, 1 from dwarven ore, and 1 from voidstone. I'm an altaholic, so whatever alt I'm playing farms whats available in the area then when my bank is full I refine everything at once.
  • Rva_Kun
    Rva_Kun
    ✭✭✭
    I seem to get more legendary from refining when I'm doing multiple different kind of raw material rather than from a single type. I got 3 tempering alloys in a single session 1 from high iron ore, 1 from dwarven ore, and 1 from voidstone. I'm an altaholic, so whatever alt I'm playing farms whats available in the area then when my bank is full I refine everything at once.
    Smart idea ^ I do something similiar like this but make triple what Phaneub makes.
    Edited by Rva_Kun on June 13, 2016 12:39PM
    NA > EU

• Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I try to refine a minimum of 400 per thing (so 400 rubedite ore, 400 scraps etc...)

Sometimes I get nothing, those times I will switch after a stack to a different mat, still sometimes nothing (as far as gold peices)

Sometimes I get 3.

It does seem rather random But LONG term is somewhere around 100-200 Per gold.
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • ArpamiesFin
    ArpamiesFin
    ✭✭✭
    yesterday i had over 1400 raw clothing mats and got 5 wax. drop rate is ridiculous.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Friend the other night did 2,000 hides and ended with 8 wax.

I guess it's as always just RNG but it does seem like rates are lower than before. I won't put my tinfoil hat on just yet though.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Rva_Kun
    Rva_Kun
    ✭✭✭
    yesterday i had over 1400 raw clothing mats and got 5 wax. drop rate is ridiculous.

Lmao REKT
    NA > EU

• ArpamiesFin
    ArpamiesFin
    ✭✭✭
    I bet zos is laughing too and start to sell the bloody thing in crown store. "Feel like refining isnt going your way? You want that new and shiny armor in gold quality as soon as possible? Well good news dreugh wax is now available at the crown store for 900 crowns a piece or only 6900 crowns for 8 pieces, get yours today!" :D
  • Hibbou
    Hibbou
    ✭✭✭
    you need to change leather working table every time, 600, I would have had 3 to 5 with that
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe the odds of getting a gold temper from a refinement are 5% when you have all the extraction passives maxed out. So that means a 95% chance of not getting a gold temper. You refined 600 scraps and you need 10 scraps per refining attempt, so you had 60 refining attempts, each with a 95% chance of no gold temper.

0.95 ^ 60 = 0.046
    0.046 x 100 = 4.60% chance of getting no gold temper from 600 scraps.

So, roughly 1 in 20. Bad luck? Yep. But it is not some kind of 1 in a million outlier. 1 in 20 is about the odds of getting dealt 2 pair in a 5 card poker hand. Getting dealt 2 pair is good luck, but not shocking. Getting no gold temper from 600 raw mats is bad luck, but not shocking.
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I never save up that much raw so I'm not sure what my drop rates are. They do seem to come up fairly regularly. I've been getting some from hirelings. Not so many from writs. Probably somewhere between 6~10 per week, crafting on 2 characters
    Edited by kylewwefan on June 14, 2016 4:50PM
  • ArpamiesFin
    ArpamiesFin
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, rng jeesus wasnt answering my wishes for tons of dreugh wax so i left him a message sayin he is a ***.
    Quest complete, 10,000 exp+" stick it to the man" trophy.
    Showed him.
  • Yinmaigao
    Yinmaigao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have given up trying to figure it out or even having hope :(

Sometimes I refine a stack and get 2-3, most of the time though I refine 1-2k and get zero. FML
  • Mike0987
    Mike0987
    ✭✭✭
    So, you purchase a stack or several stacks instead of farming under the assumption that you will get a return... I have bought the stacks with the same results you got. Next time work at it a bit each day by actually going out into the world, gathering, then refine in smaller batches each day. Much better RNG.
  • Uviryth
    Uviryth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whatever you do, DONT make new armor after 11 in the evening.
    Made new shoulders yesterday. Brought them up to legendary including legendary glyph, only to see THAT I FORGOT THE FRIGGIN TRAIT!
    Funfunfunfun
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Uviryth wrote: »
    Made new shoulders yesterday. Brought them up to legendary including legendary glyph, only to see THAT I FORGOT THE FRIGGIN TRAIT!
    Funfunfunfun

@Uviryth I have done that early in the day, in the middle of the day and sometimes in the evening. Try this one, make a Staff, put the nirn trait on it, improve it to gold, and then realize that it was VR9 and not VR14 (this was a while ago)

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Uviryth wrote: »
    Funfunfunfun

I spent around three hours last night making a new tanking set, double-checking, triple-checking every last detail. I don't think I messed anything up, but I was sure to keep the beer for the after-crafting celebration.

Crafting endgame gear is super stressful.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • Tempah
    Tempah
    ✭✭✭
    RNG has been Nice to me this week. Got 4 wax out of my hirelings :).
    Also I usually refine 50 at a time then leave the crafting station and repeat and it works beter then just doing everything at the same time (Atleast for me).
    But it is like always just luck.
    Dro'mathra Destroyer, Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redemeer, Tick Tock Tormentor, The Unchained, Exstinguisher of Flames, Flawless Conqueror