Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

a question about inferno staff

Moonscythe
Moonscythe
✭✭✭✭✭
This sounds really dumb but I can't figure it out. I started a new character to be a fire mage. I went with a Breton Templar. I always play fire mages by preference so I have had a lot of inferno staves since the beginning. Today, my level 5 templar was out to rescue Jakarn in Stros M'Kai and suddenly after using the staff against bandits it acquired a ball of light which acts like a torch and doesn't go away even when it is sheathed on my back. I have no effects on my character and only the first basic skills for a templar. I haven't seen this effect before on me or anyone else. Does anyone have a clue? I can't do a picture from the Xbox to illustrate.
Scura di Notte - Altmer Nightblade (gear)
Lalin del Sombra - Bosmer Sorcerer (alchemy/enchanting)
Angevin Sarkany - Bosmer Dragonknight
Alkemene Velothi - Dunmer Warden (Morrowind)
Sanna yos'Phalen - Altmer Sorcerer (provisioning)
Cosima di Mattina -Altmer Sorcerer
Naria Andrano - Dunmer Templar
Luca della Serata - Redguard Templar
  • RexyCat
    RexyCat
    ✭✭✭✭
    Might be a visual bug. Somebody here on this forum had also a strang glowing from staff and I think a sword. That player had some picture in General thread. I think it was two weeks ago.
  • Moonscythe
    Moonscythe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ahh, maybe so. It's really strange since it is a glowing ball of light sitting inside my Khajit staff. It's useful as far as it goes but I would like to toggle it off. Maybe if it was just a bug it will have gone away when I log in next especially since that will be after the DB patch. Thanks.
  • RexyCat
    RexyCat
    ✭✭✭✭
    Moonscythe wrote: »
    Ahh, maybe so. It's really strange since it is a glowing ball of light sitting inside my Khajit staff. It's useful as far as it goes but I would like to toggle it off. Maybe if it was just a bug it will have gone away when I log in next especially since that will be after the DB patch. Thanks.

You can read more here and see for yourself, if it looks the same: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/264945/orb-of-light-on-staffs#latest

Contact Costumer Support in game (send a screenshot) or through this site to get their attention on this bug.
    Edited by RexyCat on June 14, 2016 10:11AM
  • Moonscythe
    Moonscythe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, that's it exactly! It's weird that I, too, got the effect on a new Breton Templar using a Khajit staff (though just Maple). I didn't think to search the forums since I usually don't put in the needed search term when my question is odd. I also didn't want to sound too stupid by asking on the General forum. Thank you for your help.
    Edited by Moonscythe on June 14, 2016 2:41PM