The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Distress Call

infidel1983
Hi all

Hate to sound melodramatic but after being kicked out of 4 veteran dungeons in a row ( 2 were no explanation, on arrival I was kicked. The other 2, group leader seemed to be fed up of being killed halfway through so disbanded). Happened quite a few times now all on group finder.

Im a veteran level 2 Breton DK (yes yes, aware Breton DK not ideal). 32 year old father of 3 young boys (including 18 month old twins). I (luckily) get about 4 hours each saturday and sunday night as my wife is at work. I'd really like to join a guild with easy going people, nothing too serious. Love dungeoning but not tried PVP yet.

If anyone out there looking for decent casual guild member (who occasionally has to vanish upstairs to stick a dummy in crying babys mouth), give me a shout.

infidel1983 GT

Cheers
If Carlsberg did Dragonknights....
  • Oh_Skrivva
    Oh_Skrivva
    ✭✭✭
    Do you play on PC/MAC or consoles? NA servers or EU? i know how it is trying to fit in gaming time with a full time job and family time. I am 36 with 4 kids (oldest 18 and youngest is 11 months). Luckily my job is very flexible and i can play while working (depending on the type of project i am currently working on). So i get to play 20-30 hours a week on average. Anyway, if your a PC NA player. I can help you out with some guild prospects or join you for dungeon runs if im free and online. I enjoy helping people in game or in IRL (Karma).
    Costco member

Message brought to you by Cat Queefs Emporium
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi all

Hate to sound melodramatic but after being kicked out of 4 veteran dungeons in a row ( 2 were no explanation, on arrival I was kicked.

Cheers

I think there is an issue with the Group Finder doing this, also, some people are using the Group Finder to get their own 4th in the Dungeons, probably for Cross Faction play so that could be why too.

As for Guilds, I can help get you in a couple of them, one does Dungeon Runs on Monday nights and they are low key, teach you how to do the dungeon type of runs. If your PC/NA

NVM, I see you play on Xbox EU so can't help you there. However you will have more success in Dungeons with a Guild based group rather than a PUG

Edited by Nestor on March 14, 2016 2:08PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't take it personal the vet dungeons can be super hard without a good healer a good tank or super high dps. That said, super high dps allows you to forgo the other two. As a healer early in the game I noticed a lot of ppl stand in the red won't jump or block or dodge roll, etc makes it hard to stay alive. Also ppl think they are putting out great dps they are not and it takes a long time to burn bosses they run out of magic or Stam and then... bam. Also there are a lot of one shot mechanics in place there 20 k hit kills you while your 20 k shot they yawn as they have 2 million health and you have 19 k. I recommend doing the non vets and then silver pledges until you find a guild to run with consistently. I run four sorcs most of the time we don't need healers or tanks besides we all running healing ward it never goes to you anyway. Figure between the four of us someone that needs it will get it.
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • infidel1983
    DHale wrote: »
    Don't take it personal the vet dungeons can be super hard without a good healer a good tank or super high dps. That said, super high dps allows you to forgo the other two. As a healer early in the game I noticed a lot of ppl stand in the red won't jump or block or dodge roll, etc makes it hard to stay alive. Also ppl think they are putting out great dps they are not and it takes a long time to burn bosses they run out of magic or Stam and then... bam. Also there are a lot of one shot mechanics in place there 20 k hit kills you while your 20 k shot they yawn as they have 2 million health and you have 19 k. I recommend doing the non vets and then silver pledges until you find a guild to run with consistently. I run four sorcs most of the time we don't need healers or tanks besides we all running healing ward it never goes to you anyway. Figure between the four of us someone that needs it will get it.

Yes upon reading that, that does make alot of sense. Guess Ill just go along with normal levels and silver pledges for now.

Thanks to all for responses so far
  • SJD_Phoenix
    SJD_Phoenix
    ✭✭✭
    Hey chap!

Don't feel downhearted. You should be able to do at least some vet dungeons as they aren't super difficult.

Check out the following link:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/225867/british-mercenaries-dc-guild-pve-focussed/p1

if you like what you see drop a comment or message me on xbox. my GT: its me SJ

FYI we've had lots of guys like yourself join, they've learnt a lot from some of our more experienced players, and tbf, some of the more experienced players have learnt from them at a later date. 2 of our best tanks in guild struggled to begin with and now they can run Vet Dragonstar and White Gold Tower so there's hope for everyone :)
  • NativeJoe
    NativeJoe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You'll find ur place. don't worry. I have similar issues with kids, and my guild stalls for 20 minutes at a time for me lol
    650cp+ Sorcerer 100+ days /played
    Broken'Stick North American Server
    https://www.twitch.tv/trixytricks
  • infidel1983
    Hey chap!

Don't feel downhearted. You should be able to do at least some vet dungeons as they aren't super difficult.

Check out the following link:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/225867/british-mercenaries-dc-guild-pve-focussed/p1

if you like what you see drop a comment or message me on xbox. my GT: its me SJ

FYI we've had lots of guys like yourself join, they've learnt a lot from some of our more experienced players, and tbf, some of the more experienced players have learnt from them at a later date. 2 of our best tanks in guild struggled to begin with and now they can run Vet Dragonstar and White Gold Tower so there's hope for everyone :)

Sorry SJD, I exited the guild by mistake (was leaving another one), could you possibly resend? Thanks!
  • SJD_Phoenix
    SJD_Phoenix
    ✭✭✭
    I've only just seen this! You really should get notified on here when someone quotes you.

It'll be done :)
  • IXIVoodooIXI
    Also if you have Guild space you are more than welcome to join The League of Overlords we are an all round guild looking to have strong trading, PvE & PvP elements. We want to be the best we can be but not at the expense of fun. All people are welcome, from those who have an abundance of time to those with very little. We run pledges, imperial sewers (PvP) and we are always evolving.
    Regards
    IXI Voodoo IXI