The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Silver Leash a new stam gap closer?

SpazzmanNDQ
I am currently rolling a stam DK for the DB changes, but I don't want to be a WB spammer(never liked it and I'm glad it lost the knock back and stun) and I don't like S&B so I was thinking DW/Bow combo. I know DW has no gap closer at the moment and no real spammable attack. Upon reading the patch notes for DB I noticed the the animation time for Flurry was decreased down to .6 seconds or something so it makes it similar to jabs on Templar if not faster (idk). So that could be my spammable attack, but my main question is does Silver leash from the Fighters Guild tree work as a gap closer since it now pulls all enemies, and does it suffer from the same mechanics as chains on DK.

If anyone has tested Silver Leash and could answer my question it would be greatly appreciated.
  • Anti_Virus
    Anti_Virus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From what i've seen on the Pts it looks pretty promising almost works like DK chains.
    Power Wealth And Influence.
  • SpazzmanNDQ
    From what i've seen on the Pts it looks pretty promising almost works like DK chains.

But does it have the stupid height restrictions like chains?
  • SanSan
    SanSan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't you just use the chains morph where is pulls you to the enemy every time?
  • SpazzmanNDQ
    SanSan wrote: »

not beneficial to a stam dk using DW/Bow
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The problem about silver leash is that it has to be activated twice, to pull you to the target.
    At the moment it has similar height restrictions as take flight, but Zos announced, that they are going to change it because someone made a video how to jump inside a keep with silver leash.
  • SpazzmanNDQ
    The problem about silver leash is that it has to be activated twice, to pull you to the target.
    At the moment it has similar height restrictions as take flight, but Zos announced, that they are going to change it because someone made a video how to jump inside a keep with silver leash.

Activating it twice isn't so bad as long as its not a double cost
  • acw37162
    acw37162
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes it works great.

So great it has to be fixed before to hits live to make sure you can't chain/leash into a keep.
  • Sunburnt_Penguin
    Sunburnt_Penguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've never ran a StamDK but from want I've seen the double proc causes with closing gaps and it's only good beneficial if you're not using 2H
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The gap closer is ok-ish, so long as it meets the following criteria

1- Is your Class Gap Closer crappy or glitchy (Sorcs/Templars)
    2- Are you not using 2h or 1h+shield?

If you answered yes to both, then go for it.

I really don't see much reason to use Bolts now, other than the 3% extra weapon damage, on my Stamblade. I don't really need a ranged snare when Caltrops already does that on top of being a decent damage skill and pulling people from stealth while Ambush gives me empowered and a gap closer already. Since Vampires can just mist form the snare away, it's lost a lot of its power as a good hard CC ability and I personally preferred Silver Leash when it pulled enemies towards you as opposed to the other way around because sometimes you want to pull an enemy player ways from their Zerg Ball to kill them and not the other way around.
    Argonian forever
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Friendly neighbour Spiderman is back?
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Nallenil
    Nallenil
    ✭✭✭
    Sadly because everyone is so obsessed about ruining good and fun mechanics. Zos will ueber nerf the silver leash before it hits live. Keeps should be made impossible to capture without the outer and inner wall/gates destroyed. That would allow people to have fun using fun abilities to leap onto walls and keeps to fight. This would then add a new playstyle (leaping onto buildings/keeps vertically) without the possibility to just claim the keeps if the walls are not down.

Leaping vertically on structures or down is fun!

I can actually still leap on any keep on my dk using propeller shield (adds 8m range to my 20+m abilities) or simply by remembering the few overlooked spots where it is possible but I never use that to try to cap a flag. We need some variation in fighting.

The current leash on PTS is awesome. It is available to everyone! Change the rules needed for how keeps/scrolls get captured instead of removing fun mechanics from the game.
    Edited by Nallenil on May 11, 2016 6:28AM
  • D0ntevenL1ft
    D0ntevenL1ft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone able to tell me the damage in pvp? Assuming it's not comparable to crit rush..
  • RedFireDisco
    RedFireDisco
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've got a dw/bow Stamblade and without ambush, I'd be using silver leash. The bonus 3% damage is not to be sneezed at. The problem is that you'll need uber high stam in order for the ability to do any actual damage. The two fighters guild cost reduction passives might make it viable for spamming though?
  • Didaco
    Didaco
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've got a dw/bow Stamblade and without ambush, I'd be using silver leash. The bonus 3% damage is not to be sneezed at. The problem is that you'll need uber high stam in order for the ability to do any actual damage. The two fighters guild cost reduction passives might make it viable for spamming though?

How can you spam it if activating it twice pulls you to the target? I'm serious, does block cancel or weaving break the proc?
  • RedFireDisco
    RedFireDisco
    ✭✭✭✭
    Didaco wrote: »

How can you spam it if activating it twice pulls you to the target? I'm serious, does block cancel or weaving break the proc?

Only an issue for the morph, not base ability. But I think you have to activate it immediately to proc the leash, so woven in among other attacks, you'd be fine block canceling it.
  • SpazzmanNDQ
    So can silver leash be used as a viable gap closer I don't mind the double tapping as long as it doesn't cost twice?
  • BlackMadara
    BlackMadara
    ✭✭✭✭
    Imo it is not effective due to the amount of time it takes you to actually pull yourself in. Generally you gap close to quickly stay on an opponent. The initial bolt and the gap closing chain have two separate global cds.
  • SpazzmanNDQ
    Imo it is not effective due to the amount of time it takes you to actually pull yourself in. Generally you gap close to quickly stay on an opponent. The initial bolt and the gap closing chain have two separate global cds.

Well guess I will go 2h on my stamblade after all with ambush being a bit of a resource hog I was looking for an alternative
  • BlackMadara
    BlackMadara
    ✭✭✭✭

Well guess I will go 2h on my stamblade after all with ambush being a bit of a resource hog I was looking for an alternative

Is ambush really costing that much now? I know they increased its cost but I didn't think it'd be that significant. In all honesty, I think all gap closers should get the cost treatment, or make their damage drop hard.
  • SpazzmanNDQ

Is ambush really costing that much now? I know they increased its cost but I didn't think it'd be that significant. In all honesty, I think all gap closers should get the cost treatment, or make their damage drop hard.

Well I'm not sure I'm on console but I read that they lowered the damage I don't think they changed the cost but on my stamblade I've noticed that ambush drains pretty quick. So if the damage is lowered then why would I use it over a cheaper gap closer.

It really doesn't matter I just wanted to use silver leash because it worked on players but I think that it should pull the player to you like chains on the dk.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Well I'm not sure I'm on console but I read that they lowered the damage I don't think they changed the cost but on my stamblade I've noticed that ambush drains pretty quick. So if the damage is lowered then why would I use it over a cheaper gap closer.

It really doesn't matter I just wanted to use silver leash because it worked on players but I think that it should pull the player to you like chains on the dk.

Keep with ambush. It may do lower damage, but it empowers your next attack, so your burst is actually increased.

Plus it's a lit more reliable than Crit Rush. It doesn't need a path.
  • RedFireDisco
    RedFireDisco
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ambush always works for me, but every other gap closer on my alts, fail way too often.

Personally I can get 5000+ damage with ambush easy and it empowers surprise attack.

Silver leash is way to "fiddly".

• RedFireDisco
    RedFireDisco
    ✭✭✭✭
    *too*
  • SpazzmanNDQ
    Brrrofski wrote: »

Keep with ambush. It may do lower damage, but it empowers your next attack, so your burst is actually increased.

Plus it's a lit more reliable than Crit Rush. It doesn't need a path.

Yea I switched my stamblade to 2h last night needles to say I will be going back to dual wield
  • PainfulFAFA
    PainfulFAFA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Silver leash gap closing very unreliable... Worse than dk chains
    PC NA
    Aztec | AZTEC | Ahztec | Aztehk | Master of Mnem
    MagDK | Magplar | Magward | Mageblade | Stamsorc

• dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    SanSan wrote: »

not beneficial to a stam dk using DW/Bow

Except for the fact it Empowers, oh and grants major expedition.
    Edited by dodgehopper_ESO on June 13, 2016 6:52PM
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>