Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Forced PvP?

coldreactive_ESO
coldreactive_ESO
✭✭✭
I've seen three articles stating there isn't forced PvP in this game unless you go into Cyrodiil (or the Imperial City DLC Areas.) But I was wondering, does the main story quest ever make you go into the Imperial City? If so, what is there being done to cull players dying over and over and over to camping PKers? (Since I will never strike another player back, since I absolutely hate PvP.)
NA PC Megaserver
Lucradia Valeri (D.Summoner) / Saeko Meina (T.Healer)
GMT -0600 (Central Time, Wisconsin) - PvE Only
  • Luigi_Vampa
    Luigi_Vampa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The main story is stictly PvE. You don't get sent to Cyrodiil or the Imperial City for the main quest at all.
    Edited by Luigi_Vampa on June 13, 2016 5:10PM
    PC/EU DC
  • coldreactive_ESO
    coldreactive_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    So even if there were main story expansions, you don't think it would send us to the PvP Cyrodiil sectors? I know Craglorn doesn't have PvP, according to the support articles.
    Edited by coldreactive_ESO on June 13, 2016 4:52PM
    NA PC Megaserver
    Lucradia Valeri (D.Summoner) / Saeko Meina (T.Healer)
    GMT -0600 (Central Time, Wisconsin) - PvE Only
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No .
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've seen three articles stating there isn't forced PvP in this game unless you go into Cyrodiil (or the Imperial City DLC Areas.) But I was wondering, does the main story quest ever make you go into the Imperial City? If so, what is there being done to cull players dying over and over and over to camping PKers? (Since I will never strike another player back, since I absolutely hate PvP.)

Cyrodiil and IC are totally optional.Not to worry.
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of the main selling points of this game is you don't have to do pvp or pve if you don't want to. You could therorhettically go to pvp at level 10 and never leave and have an acceptable character at the end of a massive grind
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • AntMan100673
    AntMan100673
    ✭✭✭
    Even if you don't ever intend to do PVP I would recommend travelling to Cyrodiil at least once to do the tutorial (it's in your alliances start area so there's no danger of any enemy players). Doing the tutorial will get you 2 skill points and will unlock a couple of skills in the Assault & Support skill lines, one of which is Rapid Maneuver which is really useful in PVE as it gives you a speed boost
    EU - EP - Dunmer - Dragonknight - Magicka DPS - CP160

GT: AntMan100673