Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Leveling as a tank?

DarkDeller
Hey guys, just wondering if leveling as a pure tank is actually possible to do? I mean from lvl 1 to 50 specing just to tank, and same as gear! Im thinking of doing a templar tank as seeing the build in pvp has got me want to lvl one. Now i ask if i can do it as a tank as ive already leveled i stamplar and a magplar. If this is do-able, is there a guide which i should follow?
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't do it.

Spec for dps but level tanking skill.

Go 5 medium/light abd two heavy with training on.

You can do it, but it's just a lot slower.
  • Syntse
    Syntse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you do the leveling by questing yes you can do it. If you try to grind it through then it might be bit of a pain. But you said templar, then no issue at all. Just put puncturing strikes and rest the tanking skills you want to level and mow away.
    Syntse Dominion Khajiit Dragonknight Stamina Tank [50]
    Ra'Syntse Dominion Khajiit Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
    Syntselle Dominion Dark Elf Dragonknight Magica DPS [50]
    Syntseus Dominion Imperial Templar Healer [50]
    Syntsetar Dominion High Elf Sorcerer Magica DPS [50]
    Friar Tuktuk Daggerfall Brenton Templar Healer [50]
    Syntseyn Ebonheart Brenton Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
  • DarkDeller
    Yea it would be leveled through questing and doing random dungeons and pvp. Ive done the whole powerlvl thing so kinda wanna take my time with this one. I was thinking imperial with a 1:1 split between mag and stam while i lvl and maybe 2 heavy,3 light and 2 med all training with s/b
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's entirely possible to clear all the solo/quest content in the game as a tank it just takes a little longer.

Depending on your play style and patience it can either be more fun (as fights last longer) or feel like a chore.

As for splitting between Mag/Stam, I should warn you that hybrid builds are not overly strong in the game and you might do better making a choice either way. If you do plan to level up as DPS but want to keep your tanking abilities up as well then just remember you can have one part of each armour on and still gain experience for it i.e. level with 5 heavy, 1 light, 1 med so all the skill lines level at once.

You can also use your second bar from weapon swap to level sword/shield and tanking skills by making it the active bar when handing in quests.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There is way to much unessecary nonsense in this thread.

Spec tank, where 5heavy and 2 of whatever armor you plan to wear end game and make sure to slap training on everything. Set up a nice 5/4 peice set, any combo of hist/strakes/bulwark. Make identical sets for lvl 14, 30 and 45.

Que random dungeon and enjoy the instant ques, make sure exp pot or scoll buff is up when last boss of random dungeon goes down (especially if it's the blue random daily).

Do this non stop and simply make sure to knock out the primary quest line for your faction for thr skill points, as everything else quest wise you will out level at an absurd rate.

Unless of course you want to quest.......