Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Mercenary Style not in Eidetic Memory

deleted220103-006055
Is there any reason why the Mercenary Style is not listed under J > Eidetic Memory? It's got Akaviri, Dwemer, Glass, and Xivkyn atm. Is purchase of Orsinium required?

That may be why the latest CraftStore add-on does not pick it up and display learned Mercenary motifs or track known and unknown Mercenary motifs. The achievement updates correctly, though.

Thanks.
  • TheOubliette
    TheOubliette
    ✭✭✭
    Bump. GOOD question!!

What's worse is, when shopping for these expensive things in shops, they say "Use to add to your lore library", but when I spend silly amounts of money of them, then try to use them, they tell me "You already know this chapter of this Racial Style"

THIS IS BULL! Now I'm sitting on several recipes that I have to resell and unlike other expensive recipes which will in the shop window say that I ALREADY KNOW THIS RECIPE, this one is not showing up and I'm irritated with ESO's general lack of attention to this issue as it's potentially very very painful to the already chancy monetary system of a casual player.

PLEASE PLEASE, give this some attention.
  • KaylynT
    KaylynT
    Same here. Bought 4 pages I already knew thinking I didn't since it said use to add to library. I go to use it and wtf I already know it!!!!!
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah...it's really annoying when shopping for pages I don't know. I know all Mercenary, but am looking for a few Xivkyn pages I still don't know. It's such a headache to have to look at the names of the pages rather than just being able to focus on the text that shows whether or not I know it.

I didn't realize it didn't show up in the Eidetic Memory either.
  • Number_51
    Number_51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed. While very minor, in the grand scheme of things, I'd really like to see this fixed since it also affects achievements.

Not even sure ZOS is aware of the issue. @ZOS_GinaBruno
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, this needs to be added to Eidetic Memory.

In the mean time, go Old School and make some notes about what you know on a piece of paper. I remember in the old days of playing RPGs, we had to write down anything we needed to remember in a note book. There was no Journal, an NPC told you something interesting, write it down.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• OmniDevil
    OmniDevil
    ✭✭✭✭
    ESO Toolkit (Android app) has a "Styles Known" feature. You can even create pages for all of your characters. This has been the easiest way for me to remember what chapters I know and don't know.
    Rogue's Gallery (EP)(NA)(XB1)

Proud Member and Officer
    We’re recruiting for our ESO (Xbox One) Chapter
    ESO Application: Apply Here
    Homepage: http://www.roguesgalleryguild.com/
    TF Guild Page: http://tamrielfoundry.com/groups/rogues-gallery/
    Character List
    "Varyn Wryn" cp427 Nord Templar (Magicka DPS/Healer)
    "Maelis Artorius" cp427 Redguard Dragonknight (Stamina DPS)
    "Arius the Shade" cp427 Khajiit Nightblade (Stamina DPS)
    "Astalor Bloodsworn" Level 7 Altmer Sorcerer (Magicka DPS)
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    KaylynT wrote: »
    Same here. Bought 4 pages I already knew thinking I didn't since it said use to add to library. I go to use it and wtf I already know it!!!!!

Yep. Happened to me as well. Annoying as heck when I'm building three crafters.
  • I_CraftwithPntButter
    Sorry for necro posting , but is there any word on when we will have the Merc style achievement ? It would be nice to see what pieces I need to complete the style .

Nvm , some one pointed me in the right direction and I found it :)
    Edited by I_CraftwithPntButter on June 12, 2016 1:23PM