Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Spoiler]Question about the Imperials in IC

LindsC
LindsC
✭✭✭
How did they become immortal? It's been a while since I've done that quest that tells you how they became immortal. I'm not referring to the Legion Zero Imperials
Edited by LindsC on June 5, 2016 4:38AM
  • covenant_merchant
    covenant_merchant
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited: thought you were referring to the legion 0 guys
    Edited by covenant_merchant on June 5, 2016 12:28PM
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Divines made them immortal with that scroll they're guarding so that they could protect it until the player character showed up. It's left ambiguous as to whether they're still immortal after the ritual with the Drake of Blades.

I have a pet theory that each of them is representing a different Divine (note that there are eight of them and eight Divines), with the player character representing Shor/Lorkhan since Talos isn't a thing yet.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

How to turn off the sustainability features (screen dimming, fps cap) on PC
  • thawks
    thawks
    ✭✭✭
    I have a pet theory that each of them is representing a different Divine

That is absolutely the case. I would even go so far as to say that they might be mortal avatars or incarnations of the Eight Divines, even if they themselves are not aware of it.

Captain Anatolius Caudex embodies the virtues of Akatosh. They are both the leaders of their respective groups, and as Akatosh is the patron deity of the Empire who represents might, immortality, and the right to rule, so too is the Empire's survival Caudex' primary concern. "These rebels must learn that the Empire is invincible. So we must be invincible."

Arrianus Capus embodies the virtues of Arkay. As a priest of Arkay, Arrianus considers Daedra, the undead, and those who cohort with them to be abominations, and swears to rid Nirn of their presence. Upon finding himself in what qualifies as a state of undeath (or at least resurrective immortality) he is horrified and filled with self-hatred, but vows to use his "curse" to fight the enemies of mankind. "I will never give up, so long as the enemies of Arkay stalk these streets."

Dulcilla Iullus embodies the virtues of Dibella. Her greatest concern is the well-being of her comrades, even in the face of failure and certain death, and through music and storytelling she does what she can to keep up the morale of the group and to bring them some measure of happiness in a hopeless situation. "What good is a house without kind hearts and song to warm it?"

Justianas Gratus embodies the virtues of Julianos. As a scholar he believes that the solution to every problem can be found through diligent study of the past and the present, and believes that while not all information may be worthwhile or helpful, it is in itself sacred. "[Perhaps now] we need the strength that knowledge provides more than ever."

Kyleus Herminia embodies the virtues of Kynareth, but seems to me to be more akin to her Nordic counterpart Kyne. An angry and bitter mage, Kyleus believes that while things might be hopeless, they should never give up and instead aspire to go out fighting; in battle she uses weather magic, and both rain and storms are phenomena governed by Kynareth/Kyne. "A scroll of storms to drown these wretched Daedra."

Maxima Petellia embodies the virtues of Mara. Maxima is an elderly woman who primarily assists the group through cooking and nursing. She considers herself the "grandmother" to her comrades, and gives them unconditional love. "These soldiers are all my children."

Statius Vettiena embodies the virtues of Stendarr. Statius is grim and cares for little but revenge against (or, as he puts it, "bringing justice to") his former comrades and superiors in the Imperial Legion for their betrayal and service in the army of Molag Bal. "I live to bring Stendarr's justice to those who betrayed us."

Zelanus Equitius embodies the virtues of Zenithar. Zelanius is the scavenger of the group, leaving the building to gather food, weapons, and other interesting objects. He is relatively optimistic about their situation and is the one who reaches out to the player character for help. Even his last name, derived from "equity", calls to mind Zenithar's sphere of equivalence and trade. "[Zelanius] always sees the best in people."
    Edited by thawks on June 10, 2016 2:03PM
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @thawks Awesome summary. I had a similar feeling that they were all connected to the Divines but didn't manage to fine-tune the similarities to that degree of detail ;)
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp