Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

'E' key not working for quest actions since DB launch

LaucianNailor
LaucianNailor
✭✭✭
Not sure if anyone else is seeing this?

Since DB launch I'm having an issue with the 'E' key when for example I have to use a quest item in my inventory. I get the onscreen prompt, e.g.. "Press E to use Holy Water'. and pressing it simply does nothing. I have to open inventory, navigate to the item, right click to get the option list and select 'use', which is a PITA.

The E key works fine with bookshelves for example or when crafting, it just when it is using an inventory item and I wonder if the introduction of the craft bag which has created the problem?
I have tried this with and without any add-ons enabled and it does the same each time.

I haven't changed any key bindings, so don't believe its something that has been 'reset'. Any suggestions?
Mac/PC EU Server

Lots of alts....561+ CP
Inside Trade Guild
  • LaucianNailor
    LaucianNailor
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_RichLambert @chris.dillman

The response I've had on ticket [Incident: 160610-000690] is the biggest pile of **** that I have ever experienced, if it's correct or if it's incorrect; either way.

My response on the above post (sent to obtain guidance on how to resolve this) was as follows (bold is my emphasis):
    Greetings, *****!

Thank you for contacting The Elder Scrolls Online this fine day. My name is *******, and I am here to assist you. I am sorry, but that is how quest items are accessed now. I can understand how frustrating and time-consuming this change could be in game.

If you would like this changed, the fastest way to let our developers know is to submit feedback by using the /feedback command in the in-game Chat Box. I also encourage you to take part in the discussions taking place on the official forums at www.forums.elderscrollsonline.com.

If you have any questions or problems, don't hesitate to contact us again.

The Elder Scrolls Online Team

Please enlighten me Rich/Jessica....have you fundamentally changed the method of interacting with objects such that although I am given an on-screen prompt to press the 'E' key, this in fact is no longer supported and I should carry out a 4 step process as I described above, to carry put a simple in-game action.
    Your knowledgeable Customer Support Team asserts this to be the case. If this is so, why have you gone down this design route.....to frustrate your player base?

or...

Is the CSR actually talking from a basis of ignorance of the actual way to play the game that he is tasked with advising players on? Is this a bug....and Oh god I hope that it is; if so, why isn't he acknowledging this and providing me with information on either a method of resolution or confirmation that it is recognised and being fixed.

Please help a lowly subscriber.
    Mac/PC EU Server

Lots of alts....561+ CP
    Inside Trade Guild
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    @LaucianNailor - Are you not able to interact with any quest objects at all? There are some known issues with certain quest interactable objects that are being fixed in next week's PC/Mac incremental patch. We'll forward your concerns about the Support response you got to our Support team.
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • Lokryn
    Lokryn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not sure if anyone else is seeing this?

Since DB launch I'm having an issue with the 'E' key when for example I have to use a quest item in my inventory. I get the onscreen prompt, e.g.. "Press E to use Holy Water'. and pressing it simply does nothing. I have to open inventory, navigate to the item, right click to get the option list and select 'use', which is a PITA.

The E key works fine with bookshelves for example or when crafting, it just when it is using an inventory item and I wonder if the introduction of the craft bag which has created the problem?
    I have tried this with and without any add-ons enabled and it does the same each time.

I haven't changed any key bindings, so don't believe its something that has been 'reset'. Any suggestions?

I have the same problem with the quest in Bankorai Pass where you have to cleanse the Mausoleums with Holy Water. I only see the E key prompt when I crouch too. Though mine is on PC.
    Edited by Lokryn on June 11, 2016 3:22AM
  • alceleniel
    alceleniel
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds familiar. I had this problem with the quest "Exquisite Tears" in Davon's Watch yesterday where you have to catch a rat. This was also not possible. Pressing E in front of a rat does nothing. Fortunately there is another way to get the bottle.
  • LaucianNailor
    LaucianNailor
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Thank you for looking at this.

This appears to be linked to carrying out quest objectives where you have an item in the quest section of the inventory. The example I gave above I had a vial of holy water and another example was the background story of the ash'aba people in Alikia Dessert. I was given a potion and had to drink it in the tent. Again the 'E' key did nothing.

The 'E' key works fine with all other scenarios, such as activation of a Shrine (in Tuwacca's Throne??) which didn't rely on an inventory item or examining a bookcase/chest/document in the world; in short all other than quest actions when an item in inventory needs to be used.
    Mac/PC EU Server

Lots of alts....561+ CP
    Inside Trade Guild