The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Pelinal's Aptitude Set with 2x Molag Kena

Aspi90
Aspi90
✭✭✭
Hey,

has anyone tested this set yet? I am on PS4 and have no clue how it exactly works.
Is it just adding up spell and weapon damage? So 1k each makes 2k in the end?

If this is correct, couldn´t you just swap lets say hundings with this set and use 2x kena to get more damage than alone with hundings? Is this viable as a non hybrid build?
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Pelinal's Aptitude uses whichever stat is higher, it doesn't add the stats together.

So say, you have 3k weapon damage and 1500 spell damage, Pelinal's Aptitude would mean your spell damage is also 3k.
    Argonian forever
    Options
  • Aspi90
    Aspi90
    ✭✭✭
    okay, thank you. So not really worth it.
    Options
  • MrTarkanian48
    MrTarkanian48
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aspi90 wrote: »
    Hey,

has anyone tested this set yet? I am on PS4 and have no clue how it exactly works.
    Is it just adding up spell and weapon damage? So 1k each makes 2k in the end?

If this is correct, couldn´t you just swap lets say hundings with this set and use 2x kena to get more damage than alone with hundings? Is this viable as a non hybrid build?

Unfortunately that is not how it works. The set is pretty worthless, except if you wanted to make a questing hybrid build that uses magic and stamina damage abilities, but it still will not be very effective. It might be useful on certain tanks but thats debateable.

Basically in the game you need to choose to build up either Weapon damage or Spell damage. Most magic builds stack sets and gear that build up spell damage. Stamina builds use sets and gear that build up Weapon Damage etc.

So if you had 3500 weapon damage and 1500 spell damage, and you put on this set, it will make both values the highest of the two. So you would have 3500 WD and 3500SD.

The damage is calculated by Damage and Max Stat. So even though you would have decent spell damage, you would have low max magic, which would mean your magic abilities would still be pretty weak. Then the only way to boost your magicka would be to sacrifice stamina. You will not be able to use this set and be as effective as a build that is min maxed for stamina or magicka.

Wood Elf Stam NB (PVP)
    Redguard Stam Sorc (PVP)
    Altmer NB (DPS)
    Imperial DK (Tank)
    Redguard DK (DPS)
    Altmer Templar (Healer)

EP - PS4
    Options
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If building a Hybrid using Pelinal's Aptitude, there are some guidelines you need to follow to make some (surprisingly) very powerful builds.

The main guideline, is to stack Weapon Damage and NEVER stack Spell Damage. Weapon Damage is far easier to stack and tends to go higher.
    Edited by Vaoh on June 11, 2016 2:58AM
    Options
  • bigereard
    bigereard
    ✭✭
    The set is fine

I think hybrid builds are feasible right now:
    - Heavy Armor: Constitution (potentially extra 18k mag&stam recovery every min) & Wrath (potentially extra 200 SD & WD)
    - Pelinals Aptitude: mag&stam recovery & its 5 set bonus
    - Prismatic Enchantment (about 1.5x total attribute than normal enchantment)
    - Food & Drink (two, three, four stat food/drink have far better total stat)
    - Undaunted Passive (up to 6% to every attributes)

In my case I have Imperial Templar SelfHeal-Solo with this stat: 28k Stam; 10k mag; 3.9k WD (5.5k++ with wrath, warrior's fury, & molag kena active); 1.6k SD (fullbuff 2k++); 1.1 k mag regen & 2.1 k stam regen; 28 Scrit; 65 Wcrit

If I change my hunding's rage with pelinals aptitude, my enchantment to prismatic, and balance my attribute I end up with: 18k Mag, 18k Stam, 3.4k WD (fullbuff 5k++); 3.4k SD (fullbuff 5k++), 1.3 k mag regen & 2.3 k stam regen; 38 Scrit; 56 Wcrit
    *the WD&SD can be higher if I slot more fighter guild skill

As result:
    - Vigor about 22% less effective
    - Extended Ritual Heal about 115% more effective (even in my stamina build I use this for cleanse, so it's not burn extra resource)
    - Honor the Dead about 115% more effective (very cheap oh crap selfheal for solo due to magicka return)
    - Bloodthirst 22% less effective (both heal and damage)
    - Blood Craze 22% less effective (both heal and damage)
    - Puncturing Sweep about 115% more effective (alternative DPS + Selfheal when low on stamina)

Overall my survivabiliy is increased a lot with pelinals aptitude, the DPS is not drop either, because every magicka and stamina I burn is counts now (before only stamina really counts)
    When I first see this set, I also think about werewolf, because the heal skill is scaled with magicka...
    this set might increase werewolf survivability a lot, at cost of slightly decreased DPS.

As for non-hybrid build, I still do the theory crafting, I mean weapon damage is easier to increase than spell damage, but magick damage have better penetration and spell choice. If somehow we can combine those aspect, I think maybe it will be worth to have pelinals aptitude in magicka build.
    Edited by bigereard on June 11, 2016 4:46AM
    Options
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am currently using it on Magicka Nightblade (former Magicka actually).
    I am using 5 pc medium armor Pelinal, 2 pc divines Kena, 3 pc arcane Agility and 2 piece Leki sharpened swords.
    I have 3.3k spell damage with Flawless Dawnbreaker equipped with 41k Magicka.
    According to my tests, my DPS decreased by around 35% and my sustain took a HUGE hit. It is very hard to keep Magicka up even with Siphoning Attacks.
    I found an interesting way to get more DPS out of it. I dropped my 41K Magicka for 20K mag and stam and changed magicka glyphs for prismatic ones. By stacking DoTs from both mag and stam, the net single target DPS went up by around 15%. Even for AoE, combining Proxy Det, Soul tether and Steel tornado, I had results that was only 10% weaker than that of my other Stamina Nightblade.
    This set is interesting but only viable for Hybrid builds rather than pure Magicka builds right now, because for magicka builds there are far better options which will give similar spell damage but with far more perks.
    However keep in mind, that the end damage as well sustain is much lesser than on pure builds.
    Edited by susmitds on June 11, 2016 9:24PM
    Options
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually considered Pel's for a WW build, but I havent noticed if the heal is Spell damage based or simply magicka based
    Options