Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Need some advice on my Sorcerer.

Cambion
Cambion
I have just come back to the game after a long break, and I need some advice on how to get my spell damage and max magicka up.

I currently have:

Max Magicka: 28178
Max Health: 11966
Max Stamina: 8895

Spell Damage: 2666
Spell Critical: 38.2%

Champion Points: 238

Mundus: The Apprentice

The above stats are unbuffed and no food.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Best Answer

• Cambion
    Cambion
    Thank you for the advice, I have been trying VMA and the extra damage on the dual wield bar has helped. Stuck on the fourth round boss now though.
    Answer ✓
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Race? What sets are you running and what's on your bar?
  • Cambion
    Cambion
    Altmer

5 Julianos: Chest, Legs, Shoulders, Waist, Hands
    2 Torug's Pact: Feet, Destruction Staff (nirnhoned)
    1 Molag Kena's Guise
    3 Willpower Jewellery: 1 Arcane, 2 Healthy
    1 Restoration Staff

Destruction Bar

Inner Light
    Streak
    Velocious Curse
    Crystal Fragments
    Force Pulse

Restoration Bar

Healing Ward
    Hardened Ward
    Harness Magicka
    Booundless Storm
    Power Surge
    Edited by Cambion on June 7, 2016 1:55PM
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    That does seem like low magicka for an Altmer. Judging from your health and stam, you have all attributes in Magicka. Is all your gear enchanted with max magicka at the highest level; i.e. purple gear has purple enchants? As you get more CP, all three stats will creep up some.

For PvE, I'd run inner light and bound aegis both on both bars. You shouldn't need all three wards. With a competent healer, you can back bar DW swords (to increase spell damage) and go with just Hardened or Harness.