Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Why is Embroidery so diffcult to find? Veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery frusterating.

raidentenshu_ESO
raidentenshu_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I'm finding it extremely difficult to upgrade my robes due to the fact that Embroidery is extremely rare to find. I've been deconstructing my loot, and yet I have gotten about about 1 or 2 if I'm even lucky.

I went to the traders market to find that this player seems to not have any problems finding it whatsoever.

http://i.imgur.com/WL0B2wK.png

What is the secret of getting this key ingredient without going broke due to the poor economics in this game.
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Go out, collect clothing mats, refine, reap Embroidery, Elegant Linings, etc. Another way is to do 4-man group content like dungeons to get some of the higher level drops for deconstructing. Also invest some points into the Clothing crafting skill line, especially for hirelings and working your way up in that skill tree.
    Edited by Ashtaris on June 9, 2016 12:40PM
  • Mickey_Ox
    Mickey_Ox
    ✭✭✭✭
    Abusing the bank exploit maybe??

You could always go farm raw materials and refine them. Its a slow process but it works.
    Ever Tried, Ever Failed,
    No Matter.
    Try again, Fail again,
    Fail Better
  • Ritzey01
    Ritzey01
    ✭✭✭
    I have several hundred of these at any given time. Main way i get them is refining raw mats but also i have the hireling on 5 toons with max tailoring. I never sell drops, i decon them with a toon till they are maxed in that skill and then start deconning them with another. Its takes a little time to get several toons up there but you will get there eventually.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been deconstructing my loot, and yet I have gotten about about 1 or 2 if I'm even lucky.

Do you have the Extraction Passive? If not, you won't get much in the way of Tempers back

Are you deconning gear that is way over your crafting level? Same thing, less Tempers, but still more if you have the extraction passive.

Finally, I get probably 30 to 50 Blue Tempers a week from my L3 Hirelings (I have 6 characters running those)

Forgot to add, you can Buy Blue Tempers pretty cheap in the guild stores. And, using the passives that reduce the amount of Tempers you need is key to being able to improve gear without going broke or being frustrated.

Edited by Nestor on June 9, 2016 3:56PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    I've been deconstructing my loot, and yet I have gotten about about 1 or 2 if I'm even lucky.

Do you have the Extraction Passive? If not, you won't get much in the way of Tempers back

Are you deconning gear that is way over your crafting level? Same thing, less Tempers, but still more if you have the extraction passive.

Finally, I get probably 30 to 50 Blue Tempers a week from my L3 Hirelings (I have 6 characters running those)

Forgot to add, you can Buy Blue Tempers pretty cheap in the guild stores. And, using the passives that reduce the amount of Tempers you need is key to being able to improve gear without going broke or being frustrated.

Nestor is spot on. Points in extraction to increase yield from refining and decon. It goes without saying you only get embroidery by deconning blue items. This mat is far from rare. I have so much I don't hesitate to sell blue items or decon it on new alts for more ISP. It's also nowhere near as expensive as Dwarven oil, the balcksmith counterpart.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I sell them to vendors.

It's stupidly easy to come by
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm finding it extremely difficult to upgrade my robes due to the fact that Embroidery is extremely rare to find. I've been deconstructing my loot, and yet I have gotten about about 1 or 2 if I'm even lucky.

I went to the traders market to find that this player seems to not have any problems finding it whatsoever.

http://i.imgur.com/WL0B2wK.png

What is the secret of getting this key ingredient without going broke due to the poor economics in this game.

It's not rare. I can think of several reason why this player would have a lot to sell, not counting the recent bank exploit.
    • Perhaps said player has been grinding mats for their own use to upgrade toons. I know I have been farming and refining a lot because I need gold tempers.
    • Perhaps said player is a "trader' and buys cheap mats and resells them.
    • Until crafting bags, I would sell 25 Embroidery every time I had more than a stack. If I had put them on a mule instead and saved them up, I could easily be selling that many from old inventory to capitalize on the re-gear craze.

• MuddledMuppet
    MuddledMuppet
    ✭✭✭✭
    People are refining literally x 10 the amounts they used to need to craft v16 gear compared to v14, hence way more tempers around, especially for crasfters like me who request raw mats instead of a crafting tip
    Edited by MuddledMuppet on June 10, 2016 2:59AM
  • Ritzey01
    Ritzey01
    ✭✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    I sell them to vendors.

It's stupidly easy to come by

These sell so well on guild traders that you are losing a ton of gold just vendoring them.
  • Duiwel
    Duiwel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol @ this post.

OP wait till you need Tempering Alloy if this trash mat is expensive...
    @Duiwel:
    Join ORDER OF SITHIS We're recruiting! PC EU

"Dear Brother. I do not spread rumours. I create them..."