Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Favourite City you would settle in ? And Why?

Mozsta69
Mozsta69
✭✭✭
Dear Adventurers;

Tiz Mozsta the Khajit here. I have travelled across the Aldmeri dominion and now I am travelling the ash covered yet very mysterious lands of the Dunmer. I have seen some very interesting towns on my journies. I was born in Vulkhel Guard so this town will always be special to me. However I have just travelled to the great city of Mournhold and I nearly shed a tear when I laid my eyes upon the Tribunal Temple, wow what a site. I did not know that Dunmer Architecture was so grand , and the temple is the biggest structure this Khajit has seen. I need to stay and explore more this great city.

Now I am undecided still but what is your favourite city or town that you have come across adventurers? And by that I mean which one would you settle in if you had the choice and why ? Is it the markets, or is it the scenery or architecture , is it the inns and music . I must get back to looking around Mournhold more and see where it is a love the most , what about you ?

Regards
Mozsta the Cat
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is no city for me to settle in. Ive already created an ideal place for my characters when developing them. Its in the style of a hill fort.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rawl'kha in Reaper's March probably has the easiest access to all services, but that zone is pretty bleak. I'd pick Riften or Orsinium. The Rift is a lovely zone, and Riften is almost as good for access. It's also not a sprawling city in which you can get lost. Wrothgar is also a great zone, and Orsinium is convenient once you learn the layout.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • jarnkoldur
    jarnkoldur
    ✭✭✭
    To Rosy Lion I go,
    To Rosy Lion I go
    To drown my misery and woe,
    To Rosy Lion I go.

Swish swosh, clink clank,
    Breath down an amber tank,
    To the Rosy Lion I go.

To the Rosy Lion I go,
    To the Rosy Lion I go,
    Bearing naught but ambitons low,
    To the Rosy Lion I go.

"And when the truth finally dawns, it shall dawn in fire!"
  • negbert
    negbert
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love the Elden Root with all my heart.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Windhelm. The music and look of the town is awesome! Services are in places that I have memorized, and although it isn't the most convenient in terms of service locations, I always travel there.

Note: I am a DC player so it is completely empty of players as well :)
  • BlearySteve
    BlearySteve
    Soul Shriven
    If its only in the online game the Windhelm, but if you are including all Elder Scrolls games then Whiterun.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Riften... Only inconvenience is stable location. Scenery, fishing, and locations for bank enchants and crafting stations are great. I do like the Windhelm soundtrack though.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If its only in the online game the Windhelm, but if you are including all Elder Scrolls games then Whiterun.

If any Elder Scrolls game, I'd pick ANY city from Oblivion or Balmora (Morrowind).
  • Totalitarian
    Totalitarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vukhel Guard (or at least somewhere like it on Alinor)
    • Beach
    • Warmth
    • Cleanliness
    PC NA CP 531+
    Aedric Fury Sits Around Doing Nothing
    Sola Auroron Magicka Templar
    Lunaria Chimeri Magicka Dragonknight
    The Chosen of the Storm Stamina Sorcerer
    Ward-Scales Magicka Nightblade
    Sanctius Luxen Stamina Templar
    Nerwaye Auroron Magicka Sorcerer
    Warden Vyrkyl Stamina Dragonknight
    The Ninth Adventurer Stamina Nightblade
    Magna-Sola Magicka Templar
    The Celestial Lady Magicka Templar
    Read their adventures!
    The Celestial Lady
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imperial City (minus the whole Soul Burst problem).
  • cjthenereid
    cjthenereid
    ✭✭✭
    Grahtwood! I love the bright greens and nereids
  • Dracan_Fontom
    Dracan_Fontom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kvatch. Nuff said.
  • Father_X_Zombie
    Father_X_Zombie
    ✭✭✭✭
    Imperial city, when it gets repaired. Kvatch for now :)
    GT: AK x Zombie

Marcurio Avidius - Breton Sorcerer - The Flawless Conquerer - General
    Raven Avidius - Imperial Nightblade - Stormproof
    Cicero Avidius - Imperial Templar - First Sergeant
    Audens Avidius - Breton Templar - Stormproof
    Jimi Hendrix - Redguard Dragonknight - Stormproof
    Leliana Artaine - Breton Nightblade - Stormproof
    Brutus Decinus - Imperial Sorcerer - Stormproof AD
    Wait aren't you DC - Dark elf Nightblade EP
    Achilleus Infernium - Breton Dragonknight
    Claudia Aurella - Imperial Warden
    DC NA XB1

RIP XB1 NA Chillrend 2015-2017
    Home to emp farmers and roleplayers
    Put out of its misery by Brian Wheeler

• CrowInTheWood
    I'm a lover of the solitude of the forest, but there are two cities I would settle in. Well, I've settled in both at one point in time...

Riften holds a special place in my heart. After growing up in northern Cyrodiil and the Rift, I used to come to Riften with my mother. She was a healer. It's how we made enough money to get by, and Riften provided more than the local towns. I remember the smell of the wind coming off of the lake and the golden leaves that fell off of the trees. Eating warm, fresh food from the vendors and looking out to the scenery was one of my favorite memories as a child. Being that my mother was a travelling healer, we stayed there for a time, but not forever. It remains one of my favorite cities.

The other city is Anvil. I wasn't there as a child, but I traveled there once on a personal matter. I was completely charmed by it. I distinctly remember sitting below the old tree in the main square reading some old tome or another. The crows of the port flew over the city and sang. Despite that, it was different. It lacked the 'home' feel that Riften had, but I remember it fondly. I do not doubt fate will draw me back to it again, and sooner than I originally anticipated, I think.

-Lonan of Dubh
    Edited by CrowInTheWood on July 7, 2016 4:57AM
    Lonan of Dubh, Breton Hedge-Sorcerer-
    "Monsters all, aren't we? The only difference being some of us are proud of our claws."
    "Love only has one other name- Betrayal."
    "Power. The prize that takes everything. Such a price we pay..."
  • mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Vukhel Guard

The view, bars/shops close to the beach, higher up views, market place by the incoming ships.

A real beauty of a city in day or night
  • Vangy
    Vangy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish to one day settle down in Queen Ayrenn's bedchamber. *wink.
    (2)V16 Dk- stam dps/stam tank/mag dps
    (2)V16 Sorc- mag dps/stam dps
    (2)V16 nb- stam dps/mag dps
    (1)v16 temp- mag tank/mag dps
    CP: 610 and counting

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates! Viva la revolutionz
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ebonheart.

I really like the look of Dunmer structures and the view of the lava flow down the volcano reflected in the water is just beautiful.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eldenroot would be my absolute dream... with close competition from Abah's Landing.

• Mozsta69
    Mozsta69
    ✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    Ebonheart.

I really like the look of Dunmer structures and the view of the lava flow down the volcano reflected in the water is just beautiful.

Turelus, I have to say now that I'm travelling through Morrowind the Lava is one of the most breathtaking sites, id love a home with a balcony overlooking the lava flow coming down the mountain...wow
  • Mozsta69
    Mozsta69
    ✭✭✭
    Vangy wrote: »
    I wish to one day settle down in Queen Ayrenn's bedchamber. *wink.

lol You and me both, I think she is the best of the three faction leader , and best looking...wink.
    Not sure how she feels about Khajits in her bedchamber though....mind you she has a open mind when it comes to High elves.
  • Mozsta69
    Mozsta69
    ✭✭✭
    mb10 wrote: »
    Vukhel Guard

The view, bars/shops close to the beach, higher up views, market place by the incoming ships.

A real beauty of a city in day or night

And the place of my Birth .....will always call it home!
  • Mozsta69
    Mozsta69
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a lover of the solitude of the forest, but there are two cities I would settle in. Well, I've settled in both at one point in time...

Riften holds a special place in my heart. After growing up in northern Cyrodiil and the Rift, I used to come to Riften with my mother. She was a healer. It's how we made enough money to get by, and Riften provided more than the local towns. I remember the smell of the wind coming off of the lake and the golden leaves that fell off of the trees. Eating warm, fresh food from the vendors and looking out to the scenery was one of my favorite memories as a child. Being that my mother was a travelling healer, we stayed there for a time, but not forever. It remains one of my favorite cities.

The other city is Anvil. I wasn't there as a child, but I traveled there once on a personal matter. I was completely charmed by it. I distinctly remember sitting below the old tree in the main square reading some old tome or another. The crows of the port flew over the city and sang. Despite that, it was different. It lacked the 'home' feel Riften had, but I remember if fondly. I do not doubt fate will draw me back to it again, and sooner than I originally anticipated, I think.

-Lonan of Dubh

CrowninTheWood, ahh I have not travelled to either so when I do I will be thinking of you !
  • Mozsta69
    Mozsta69
    ✭✭✭
    Imperial city, when it gets repaired. Kvatch for now :)

Imperial city!! To rough a neighbourhood at the moment for this Khajit, the place ruffles my fur lol .
    Your one tough cookie thats for sure!

Kvatch aye? You are the second person to recomend it , I havent been but curious now , thank you
  • Mozsta69
    Mozsta69
    ✭✭✭
    Eldenroot would be my absolute dream... with close competition from Abah's Landing.

Ahhh yes , Elden root is high on my list. Living in an ancient living tree I think would be amazing, and the views from the tops of these trees would be even more amazing....lol like the Ewoks in Return of the Jedi.

But those damn wood elves they use Khajit gut for some of their bow strings, so not sure how comfortable I would be with that.
  • Mozsta69
    Mozsta69
    ✭✭✭
    jarnkoldur wrote: »
    To Rosy Lion I go,
    To Rosy Lion I go
    To drown my misery and woe,
    To Rosy Lion I go.

Breath down an amber tank,
    To the Rosy Lion I go.

To the Rosy Lion I go,
    To the Rosy Lion I go,
    Bearing naught but ambitons low,
    To the Rosy Lion I go.

Where is the Rosy Lion?? If there are poems about this Inn....I need to go!!!
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1st Northpoint, Rivenspire.
    2nd Fell's Run, Rivenspire.
    3rd Anvil, GoldCoast.
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think I would have allot of trouble trying to choose just one place to settle... I love Khenarthi's Roost, because it is so pretty and and no matter where you go, you are always close to the sea :blush: I also love Abah's landing, because for some reason I always seem to feel like I am on holiday whenever I go there. I also think that Elden Root would be a great place to live, because who would not want to live inside a tree? And the spinner guy by the wayshrine, I forget his name, but he makes me smile every single time I talk to him :lol: And then Windhelm ofc, because I love the snow, and because everybody always seems like they are having so much fun there :blush:
    Edited by Elara_Northwind on June 13, 2016 2:45AM
    Sorcerer, Templar, Wolf Collector, Housing Addict!

GM of Salted Wings Tavern and Salted Wings Housing 🏠🌻

'A House is Built with Boards and Beams, a Home is Built with Love and Dreams'

Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/ElaraNorthwind
  • MikkeOfGreenRiver
    MikkeOfGreenRiver
    ✭✭✭
    @Mozsta69, the Rosy Lion is in Daggerfall.

I can’t decide until I’ve seen Anvil and Kvatch. Those are my favorite cities, so I’m pretty excited to see them again. Especially with no Oblivion Gates this time.
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anvil looks great a nice port city the cathedral and fort are amazing, it's my favorite dlc city
    @Mozsta69, the Rosy Lion is in Daggerfall.

I can’t decide until I’ve seen Anvil and Kvatch. Those are my favorite cities, so I’m pretty excited to see them again. Especially with no Oblivion Gates this time.

Edited by Krainor1974 on June 14, 2016 1:44AM
  • The_Smilemeister
    The_Smilemeister
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kvatch without a doubt. Whilst my ancestry is from Chorrol and further up north of the Colovian Highlands, Kvatch has been my home since before the Alliance war.

After serving in the legion and witnessing my fellow Colovian brothers and sisters slaughtered by the Daedra, I fled east towards Pact territory. Since joining the fight to free my home land from the grasp of Coldharbour and the Dominion and the Covenant, I have long waited to return home and take in the mountain air of Kvatch once again.

Anvil is also a nice town. I'd often visit there on my trip to the beach whilst I was young.

Overall, no other city in Cyrodiil can compete with Kvatch (apart from Bravil which wins the ugliest city in Cyrodiil award). I'd like to give tours, but due to 'unforeseen issues' I'm currently unable to. Wink if you get the reference.
    Edited by The_Smilemeister on June 15, 2016 11:39AM