Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Dark brotherhood help

cjthenereid
cjthenereid
✭✭✭
I completed the DB quest line on my NB without an issue, mainly due to the shadowy disguise skill. but now I've made an altmer sorc and I'm finding it really hard to not get a massive bounty doing the quests because I don't have invisibility. does anyone else find it hard to be in the dark brotherhood without being a nightblade? Or maybe its because I'm so used to being able to sneak around so easily
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Invisibility pots help a ton . Also , taking more time . I know but it is just that way . If you can get some nightmother armor just for the movement buff or a a vamp bite it's easier .
  • ListerJMC
    ListerJMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Invisibility pots help a ton . Also , taking more time . I know but it is just that way . If you can get some nightmother armor just for the movement buff or a a vamp bite it's easier .

Wouldn't recommend getting a vamp bite. The synergy for feeding interferes with the blade of woe synergy, making it annoying especially when you can get bonuses for using the blade of woe and accidentally end up having lunch instead.

I'm doing it on my DK tank and taking more time to make sure you're out of sight is pretty much the way to do it, you can't run into assassinations mindlessly and get away with it like you can with a nightblade.
    PC NA & EU || Mammoth Guilds - Victory or Valhalla || Altmer sorcerer main
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ListerJMC wrote: »

Wouldn't recommend getting a vamp bite. The synergy for feeding interferes with the blade of woe synergy, making it annoying especially when you can get bonuses for using the blade of woe and accidentally end up having lunch instead.

I'm doing it on my DK tank and taking more time to make sure you're out of sight is pretty much the way to do it, you can't run into assassinations mindlessly and get away with it like you can with a nightblade.

Oh . Tyvm for clearing that up . I assumed it was fixed . They gotta fix that faster .
  • ListerJMC
    ListerJMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh . Tyvm for clearing that up . I assumed it was fixed . They gotta fix that faster .

Ahh well I just tested it again then and it appears you have to be in the range of the pickpocketing pop-up message to get the Blade of Woe synergy and out of that range to get the feeding synergy. It is however still the same command so if you're going to do this on your vampire make sure you take a look at the icon before you press the button!

Screenshot_20160608_151144.png

Screenshot_20160608_151151.png

And yes, I know my max stamina is low I haven't updated his gear yet (in before someone comments on it :p)
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It helps if you get 5pc Nightsilence (crafted) or Shadow Dancer gear so you can move faster while sneaking.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You cant always get away with it on an NB either.I have one and have gotten a lot of bounties.Sometimes I wonder if its worth doing some of the side repeatable quests.I put out more than I get back.
  • ListerJMC
    ListerJMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Volkodav wrote: »

You cant always get away with it on an NB either.I have one and have gotten a lot of bounties.Sometimes I wonder if its worth doing some of the side repeatable quests.I put out more than I get back.

I find my NB is a lot better at it and has more room for error than my DK, I'm just waiting for the Speaker to fire her she's hopeless :D. Last job I did I got a higher bounty than I was paid as well, I guess it all works out as long as you don't go into town until your bounty is down.
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I find my NB is a lot better at it and has more room for error than my DK, I'm just waiting for the Speaker to fire her she's hopeless :D. Last job I did I got a higher bounty than I was paid as well, I guess it all works out as long as you don't go into town until your bounty is down.

Oh,I had to retire my V6 DK.He's just not up to snuff anymore.Sadly,Now he crafts for his brothers and sisters. XD
    I do those repeatables without much problem.However,I do tend to get bounties whenever anyone sees me thieve something.I can kill my prey,but pickpocketing just isnt on.
    I mean,it says easy,75%,..then when I pick them,they detect me,nearly every time.I CAN get those who are only 50% a lot more.
    (I hate picking pockets) XD
  • ListerJMC
    ListerJMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh,I had to retire my V6 DK.He's just not up to snuff anymore.Sadly,Now he crafts for his brothers and sisters. XD
    I do those repeatables without much problem.However,I do tend to get bounties whenever anyone sees me thieve something.I can kill my prey,but pickpocketing just isnt on.
    I mean,it says easy,75%,..then when I pick them,they detect me,nearly every time.I CAN get those who are only 50% a lot more.
    (I hate picking pockets) XD

I hate pick-pocketing missions as well, I never pick them up anymore! I just keep doing the one where you fetch some random noble's wedding ring from a ruin - the amount of times I've done that mission you'd really think that noble would learn to take better care of it!
  • Hibbou
    Hibbou
    ✭✭✭

you just have to go closer to knife them, I only feed 2 times because I was in a hurry (other NPC coming) and I must say, this is so anoying, I have to cast vamps skills for 10 minutes after that to go back to stage 4 vamp ^^
  • ListerJMC
    ListerJMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hibbou wrote: »

you just have to go closer to knife them, I only feed 2 times because I was in a hurry (other NPC coming) and I must say, this is so anoying, I have to cast vamps skills for 10 minutes after that to go back to stage 4 vamp ^^

Yeah I had to sit around doing that as well after I accidentally fed, good times.