Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Hacker in the Sewers.

Silver_Strider
Silver_Strider
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Ok, so I already reported this in game, however, I could not get the entirety of my message within the limited spacing provided so I'm posting this here as well.

Hacker/Cheater

This was recorded in the Scourge Imperial City Sewers, Ebonheart Pact home base, directly in front of the banking NPC, on PS4 NA server. Somehow, this player has found a way into the base and is also able to kill players as they try and access the bank. Needless to say, this is completely unacceptable as goodness knows how many people this player has robbed of their Tel Var stones with this exploit, to say nothing of the amount of Alliance points he is racking up due to the number of people he's killing.

This needs to be handled ASAP as it's a clear exploit within the game.

@ZOS_TristanK
Argonian forever
  • kewl
    kewl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Holy @#$% snacks.
  • Parrot1986
    Parrot1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is mad! Also seems the risk and reward doesn't stack up. Surely didn't think they could get away with it and not be reported!
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once again before this post is removed, note I am not saying anything which myself and others didn't already say (and not get moderated) in this thread LINK or this one LINK
    Parrot1986 wrote: »
    This is mad! Also seems the risk and reward doesn't stack up. Surely didn't think they could get away with it and not be reported!

Why not? ZOS has set a constant precedent that they don't hand out punishments for situations like this.

The only time I know of anything happening was when an EU PvP guild was banned for 72 hours / a week for being inside another factions spawn and killing players.

This is why so many of us are up in arms about their rule enforcement, yet they either can't do anything or don't care, we don't know which because they refuse to talk about rule enforcement.

This video and no doubt most of the posts (like mine) will just be moderated away and everything will continue as if nothing happened.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    We're investigating this, thank you!
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the post Jessica. There are a couple of other questionable issues with threads up at the moment as well, I believe you're already looking into the speed issues one.

There is also questioning if running a scroll with an alt is legal or not, so you can move AD scrolls back towards home temples using an EP character. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/267945/cheating-scoruge-ps4
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    Once again before this post is removed, note I am not saying anything which myself and others didn't already say (and not get moderated) in this thread LINK or this one LINK
    Parrot1986 wrote: »

Why not? ZOS has set a constant precedent that they don't hand out punishments for situations like this.

The only time I know of anything happening was when an EU PvP guild was banned for 72 hours / a week for being inside another factions spawn and killing players.

This is why so many of us are up in arms about their rule enforcement, yet they either can't do anything or don't care, we don't know which because they refuse to talk about rule enforcement.

This video and no doubt most of the posts (like mine) will just be moderated away and everything will continue as if nothing happened.

I think they have handed out bans for people that exploited to get into home bases before. Forum rules are that you can't discuss punishments and you can't name and shame. The video should be sent to mods not posted when it clearly shows the players name.

Weird though it looked like they were in the wall above rather than actually being in the base from what I saw.
    PUG Life - the true test of your skill

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My guess is that the enemy player was knocked through the walls at some point, and then found a way to walk through the surrounding "environment" to the vicinity of the EP base. The tricky part there is ALSO finding some vantage point where he/she could target the EP players near the base, as you normally don't have LOS to people on the other side of walls etc.

I have heard of people being knocked out of the Sewers proper before on the PC megaservers, but most of those collision/access methods were eventually fixed. Either they forgot to also fix the sewer walls on the Console megaservers, or there is a remaining loophole (rat hole?) that still needs to be fixed.
  • kadar
    kadar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dang. Even the sewers aren't safe.

Some poor EP is collecting tel var as their primary reason for being in the sewers. The have an ungodly amount stored up, milking that x3 multiplier for all it's worth. Fight their way all the way back to their home base dodging enemies left and right, head for the banker, breathe a giant sigh of relief-- and catch a Crystal Frag in the jaw.
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hacking or exploiting a bug but this guy could've just used /stuck and went back to his base instead he's taking advantage off of this and this shouldn't be tolerated with a 3 days ban.
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • Jhunn
    Jhunn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    :trollface:@Turelus
    Gave up.
  • Auricle
    Auricle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did anyone else come here because the title the OP used made you think John Grisham had just released a new novel?

... No, of course not. He's awful. Also, reading books.

But in all seriousness, that's pretty crazy. Perhaps ZoS won't be able to stop it, then they'll pretend it was intentional and the new meta will be hackers-in-the-walls. People will post guides about how to do it, and tell folks they need to 'git gud' and 'L2P' when they ask about it in the forums... *shudder* The darkest timeline.
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    L2P!!!
  • Vancity-boi
    Vancity-boi
    Soul Shriven
    I would like to add my incident as well.

This first two videos is from me: Na-Ps4 and the glitcher in question is cLowN-_-

https://youtube.com/watch?v=y6r2PUmXB-k
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6r2PUmXB-k

This third video was from a friend: Na-Ps4 and the glitcher in question is UnrealDB

https://youtu.be/JWprcCGgdH8
    Edited by Vancity-boi on June 7, 2016 9:50PM
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please submit all these videos to esocheaters.com
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Naming and shaming rule should be used for cases where it isn't clear (which admittedly is the majority) without access to server side logs. This is a clear cut case no discussion. The account name should be published.

This is not shaming.
    Edited by Leandor on June 7, 2016 9:59PM
  • TRIP233
    TRIP233
    ✭✭✭
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/3023650/#Comment_3023650

Please say this is a cheat and you're (ZOS) is going to permanently ban the people exploiting this cheat / hack.
  • timmayyyboy
    timmayyyboy
    ✭✭
  • KrishakPanettier
    KrishakPanettier
    ✭✭✭
    These are giving yellow a bad name. They need to be stopped. AD players I hang with would not use this exploit. Contemplate using it yes. Follow through, no.
    Krishak Kringle aka KrishakPanettier, Templar (PSN:KrishakPanettier)
    -- PS4 NA --

PVP, PVE, and Trader Guild Leader
    Guild:
    - Rent-A-Zerg Mercs AD (one-time large AD PVP Guild - now PVP, PVE, dungeons, trials, and crafting)
    - Shadow Exiles AD (merged into RAZ AD)
    - Recruiting all levels, for help all in-game content. Not just PVP anymore. Not just AD.

Online:
    - Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/RAZ.AD
    - Facebook: www.facebook.com/ShadowExiles
    - Twitter: @ShadowExiles
    - www: www.shadowexiles.com
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    These are giving yellow a bad name. They need to be stopped. AD players I hang with would not use this exploit. Contemplate using it yes. Follow through, no.

Implying Yellow had a good name to tarnish in the 1st place :D
    As far as I'm concerned, Yellow will always be the Zerg Kings of PvP.
    Argonian forever
  • TRIP233
    TRIP233
    ✭✭✭
    The reason why I was asking if it's a cheat is because on Facebook there are people claiming that it's a part of the game and that it's not cheating.
  • KrishakPanettier
    KrishakPanettier
    ✭✭✭
    All Factions Zerg on all servers on all platforms. It is one of the intended scenarios in the game - to have a battle between large amounts of players.
    Krishak Kringle aka KrishakPanettier, Templar (PSN:KrishakPanettier)
    -- PS4 NA --

PVP, PVE, and Trader Guild Leader
    Guild:
    - Rent-A-Zerg Mercs AD (one-time large AD PVP Guild - now PVP, PVE, dungeons, trials, and crafting)
    - Shadow Exiles AD (merged into RAZ AD)
    - Recruiting all levels, for help all in-game content. Not just PVP anymore. Not just AD.

Online:
    - Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/RAZ.AD
    - Facebook: www.facebook.com/ShadowExiles
    - Twitter: @ShadowExiles
    - www: www.shadowexiles.com
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS why don't you send a mod into the sewers and watch what is going on in the districts as well? J/s
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    All Factions Zerg on all servers on all platforms. It is one of the intended scenarios in the game - to have a battle between large amounts of players.

Not saying that all factions don't Zerg, just saying that I see Yellow Zergs much more often.
    Argonian forever
  • Farorin
    Farorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not saying that all factions don't Zerg, just saying that I see Yellow Zergs much more often.

I thought reds were the zerg kings?

Everytime I fight one red, like 20 come crawling out of the woodworks, like angry, angry ants.
  • TRIP233
    TRIP233
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently they are getting cocky and teaching others how to do it. Claming "it's a part of the game, working as intended and its not cheating becuase its not a third party device being used and you cant hack on ps4". This really needs a hotfix with a mod going in and observing this with the authority to swiftly ban them in the act. Permanent Ban.

Also everyone effected by this should get a refund of all the tel var stones that where stolen from them due to this clearly dirty cheat that has ruined the game play experience for those that don't cheat.

I've told my guild mates as well as other friends to stay out of the sewers until this gets fixed.

(Picture obtained from a Facebook Group)
    Edited by TRIP233 on June 9, 2016 7:46AM