Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

If I don't buy any DLC and just have the base game am i at a disadvantage in PVP?

Reavan
Reavan
✭✭✭
So.
Some of my buddies can't use the crown store due to an issue with their IRL payment methods.
Non fixable.
So no sub and no dlc for them.

Are they at ANY disadvantage in cryodil in regards to gear, skill ups, grinding, etc.
  • lufraki
    lufraki
    I don't really believe so, ESO is not pay-to-win
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not really.

Some stuff in DLCs are really good, but can be obtained without them. Just a little harder to do so
  • FatKidHatchets
    FatKidHatchets
    ✭✭✭
    They will have less available skill points. These come from story line skill points and skyshards. But its not a big deal since you will have more than enough from base patch.

Other than that to get the dlc gear they just have to find someone to make it for them.
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    One disadvantage I can think of is access to some of the crafted sets. Julianos is a favorite of magicka users. With no DLC access, you would have to rely on other crafters for any DLC set. For crafters, it also means any DLC motifs come from guild stores or crown store. There are also skill points from quests and skyshards. Top tier mats can be found in Cyrodiil, but they are sparse, and potentially dangerous to harvest. IMO gearing for PVP without DLC is possible, but harder to do.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Reavan
    Reavan
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for your replies. :)
  • Kozai
    Kozai
    ✭✭✭
    Ourorboros wrote: »
    One disadvantage I can think of is access to some of the crafted sets. Julianos is a favorite of magicka users. With no DLC access, you would have to rely on other crafters for any DLC set.

Though frankly it is MUCH easier to pick up a Julianos crafted set by broadcasting for a crafter in a good guild or zone chat in a capital city than to level up your crafting with multiple crafts and multiple traits to make it yourself. The main reason for building up crafting skills is to play around with different gear sets without having to find others to make them, or roleplay. There are a few Monster sets you can't get without access to WGT or ICP, because they are bind on pickup so can't be sold, but they are not must-haves for any PvP build I know of.