Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

My v16 Stamina Nightblade is bad! someone please help

Dark_in_a_box
Dark_in_a_box
✭✭
So currently my highest level character is a v16 Breton Stamina Nightblade, however its not very good. I have played this game since console release so experience is not an issue. I would also consider myself a decent pvp player as i have been in top 20 of the biggest campaign. My problem is that a cant burst anyone down even with animation cancelling and if i do get them down i tend to have no stamina or magicka left so i have to sit there and accept death. i recently have been grinding for rubedo in hopes of making my character stronger and my gear is now as follows:

- 5 piece v16 hundings rage in purple ( all impen)
- 1 v16 Bloodspawn mask in gold ( Infused)
- 1 v16 molag kena arm cops in purple (Infused)
- v 14 Night mother greatsword in green (precise)
- v14 normal bow in blue
- 3 v16 endurance ( 2 healthy, 1 arcane) all health recovery enchant

i plan on swapping out the endurance for agility set with robust and weapon damage enchantments, however, i do not know what to do with my weapons. i would like maelstrom bow and 2h but that wont be for a while yet.

When buffed with rally and in stealth i get 2736 weapon damage on my 2h and 2934 on my bow with about 50% crit on both

all attributes stamina
usually run v16 cyrodiil food for health and stamina
i run the warrior mundus stone
i also am a vampire.

Can anyone please help me make this character half decent before give up and make it a a full time crafter? Also i dont have the DB update yet.
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Definitely grind for materials so you can have all gold v16 gear. Definitely need an agility set, that endurance set is really holding you back. Swap you three health regen enchantments for 2 weapon damage and one stam recovery. Make your 2h sharpened, not precise. You cannot crit against shields anyway.
  • Dark_in_a_box
    Dark_in_a_box
    ✭✭
    My plan was to get all gold v16 but i didn't know whether or not it made a huge difference. And what weapons should i get? because unless i go dw i wont have a set. Thanks for the reply.
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For weapons I use a sharpened maelstrom maul and a precise maelstrom bow. I really don't think you have any other choice unless you go dual wield, which can be pretty inconvenient. Gold gear definitely makes a difference, especially on weapons.
  • Dark_in_a_box
    Dark_in_a_box
    ✭✭
    ah, i see. Also i wasnt sure whether or not i should go all impen or divines and infused. Is impen better in your opinion?
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I wear 6 impen and 1 infused helmet. It is definitely worth it, unless you're completely focused on being a ganker from stralth all the time. I didn't lose much damage in comparison to my infuse/divines set. The tankiness it gives me is really noticiable
  • Dark_in_a_box
    Dark_in_a_box
    ✭✭
    ok, thanks for your help. Really appreiciated
  • Dark_in_a_box
    Dark_in_a_box
    ✭✭
    one last question. What do i do about my recovery issue? it really lets me down
  • Mac10murda
    Mac10murda
    ✭✭✭
    Gold weapons add like a extra 200 weapon damage
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Make sure all your gear is medium, 100 points into stamina recovery and most importantly, use regen drinks! Many people use food to do max damage but they can't sustain themselves and die. Use stam and magic regen drinks
    Edited by DannyLV702 on June 4, 2016 8:36PM
  • Dark_in_a_box
    Dark_in_a_box
    ✭✭
    100 points into health recovery? do you mean stamina?
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, I meant stamina hahaha
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    with regards to food you want to get someone to make you food, the food you by in cyrodiil is bad..

also run tripots,
    Get the one passive in alchemy that increases potion effecitveness.

I run the same setup as you but with agility jewelry,

goodluck..

PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

• olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The most important gear for anyone is the weapon, from v14 to 16 the weapon dmg on weapons are huge difference. You shoul prioritize getting a gold v16 weapon before anything else. You can gain as much as ~300 weapon dmg by upgrading your weapon.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Dark_in_a_box
    Dark_in_a_box
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the replies, any recommendations for crafted food/ drinks?
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the replies, any recommendations for crafted food/ drinks?

The rosy something something tonic or tea. Vet15 magica and stam regen.
  • Dark_in_a_box
    Dark_in_a_box
    ✭✭
    rosy disposition tonic?
  • Farorin
    Farorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All v15-16 in gold or purple is pretty much a must have.

Drinks I find to be more useful than foods.

Get weapon dam enchants on your jewellery ASAP, even if you will swap it out later, the difference is noticeable.

I personally run 5x hundings and 5 x briarheart with 1x kena it works well

If you don't want to grind for briarheart, you can go 5x hundings (all armour), and 3 x Agility (or endurance because it's better than nothing) and 3x night mothers (both weapons =1, + 2 armor pieces).

On my bow bar I have Flawless dawnbreaker for weapon dam passive, on my melee bar I have the ultime I actually use, which for me is WW for you, you could use bats or whichever ultimate you prefer.
  • Dark_in_a_box
    Dark_in_a_box
    ✭✭
    hmm, thanks. Would definitely consider briarheart as it looks good but my recovery would be a lot lower :neutral:
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For pvp, stamblades do best with some of these sets (in my opinion and experience)

Morkuldin, shieldbreaker, vicecanon, marksman, lekis(4pc), Shadow walker and hundings rage. (hundings rage is so so, since crit % becomes weaker depending on how much crit resist ppl run and imo those 2 setbonuses is somewhat wasted)

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Kungfu
    Kungfu
    ✭✭✭✭
    First off, if you don't have an alchemist, make this char one. Every char you pvp with should max the alchemist trait that extends your portion effects time by 30% anyway.

Nowthen, I'd like to mention something about potions here.
    Everyone has always been so sick on tri-pots (myself included) for so long that I think we're neglecting other ideas.

Yesterday I tried changing my approach a little. When I need a heal, I usually don't need the magicka, I need stamina because I'm in a fight. So I'm testing out instead of tri pots, a weap dmg (or is it crit?), heal, stam pot. It turned the rides for me twice last night that I can think of.

If I want magicka, it's usually for cloak and mostly running away but sometimes chasing someone down. So I'm using detect pots for magicka.

There's another one that does invis and speed but I can't seem to make it work well. I've found that once you're on the run, you're pretty much either detected and dead to zerg or already safe running from two or three and magicka is all you needed anyway.

I guess my point is that yeah - tripots work. But they are so often a waste for at least one of your three resources.
  • Dark_in_a_box
    Dark_in_a_box
    ✭✭
    yeah, my alchemy is maxed and i was running weapon dmg, stamina recovery and restore stamina but when i checked my char sheet my damage hadnt moved so i have started running tri stat. dont really know how much of a difference it makes because im usually dead before i can use one.
  • MrTarkanian48
    MrTarkanian48
    ✭✭✭✭
    My Khajiit stamblade typically wears 5 hundings, 1 Bloodspawn, 1 Kena, Maelstrom Weapons, 3 Robust Agility (2 Weapon Damage, 1 Stamina Recovery)

Couple suggestions (in order of importance);

1) Get gold V16 Sharpened weapons. The jump from V16 purple to V16 gold is like 200 Weapon Damage. This should be your first priority.

2) Farm trophies in IC or buy agility jewelry. Robust if possible or maybe 1 Healthy. Put at least 2 gold WD enchants on it.

3) Since you are a Breton it is not really helping you much to optimize the build, though it is not a deal breaker. Maybe run V16 Blue Food to keep your damage up, and then choose the Serpent mundus stone for more recovery.

4) Whatever CP you have, invest a decent amount in reduced Stam cost and Stamina Recovery.

5) You can boost your max stats (more stam=more damage) by leveling your undaunted skill line and unlocking the "Undaunted Mettle" Passive. Once you do this you can wear 5 medium, 1 Heavy, 1 Light.

6) If you still have problems with sustain, you can use the Siphoning Attacks skill in combat. It can help restore some stats while in combat.
    Wood Elf Stam NB (PVP)
    Redguard Stam Sorc (PVP)
    Altmer NB (DPS)
    Imperial DK (Tank)
    Redguard DK (DPS)
    Altmer Templar (Healer)

EP - PS4
  • Dark_in_a_box
    Dark_in_a_box
    ✭✭
    Thanks, i have 3 agility now however they are healthy and arcane for the time being, while i farm trophies in IC. I now have a v16 2h thats purple ( cant remember trait) and has absorb magicka enchantment as i picked it up in a mail. My next priority is my bow, then i think i'll try get agility with robust. I'm thinking of getting everything gold last as its the biggest grind IMO.
  • MrTarkanian48
    MrTarkanian48
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, i have 3 agility now however they are healthy and arcane for the time being, while i farm trophies in IC. I now have a v16 2h thats purple ( cant remember trait) and has absorb magicka enchantment as i picked it up in a mail. My next priority is my bow, then i think i'll try get agility with robust. I'm thinking of getting everything gold last as its the biggest grind IMO.

You can wait to make all your gear (armor) gold, but you need to make your weapon gold ASAP. The jump from a Purple V16 2H to a Gold V16 2H is something like 200 WD.
    Wood Elf Stam NB (PVP)
    Redguard Stam Sorc (PVP)
    Altmer NB (DPS)
    Imperial DK (Tank)
    Redguard DK (DPS)
    Altmer Templar (Healer)

EP - PS4
  • Dark_in_a_box
    Dark_in_a_box
    ✭✭
    yeah, thanks guys
  • Sethro_27
    Sethro_27
    ✭✭
    Id switch to magicka build or switch race. Sorry i didnt see this issue was solved.
    Edited by Sethro_27 on June 8, 2016 4:42PM
    I *** slap harder than you punch.
  • Vythri
    Vythri
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you're not running food, how do you have your health anywhere near an acceptable level?
  • Dark_in_a_box
    Dark_in_a_box
    ✭✭
    i dont, its on something like 15k