Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Writs Droprate

raasdal
raasdal
✭✭✭✭✭
What is the droprate from (highest lvl) writs for Gold Temper and Survey?
PC - EU
Gromag Gro-Molag - Sorcerer - EP
Dexion Velus - Dragonknight - AD
Chalaux Erissa - Nightblade - AD
Firiel Erissa - Templar - AD
  • llSRRll
    llSRRll
    ✭✭✭
    On PS4 I get a gold temp usually once a day sometimes it skips a day but for the most part I get one everyday. I also get at least one survey everyday but most of the time I get two and sometimes three. Very rarely do I not get a survey but happened today on one of my toons. I do have eso plus not sure if that makes a difference or not.
  • silvermistktralasub17_ESO
    I have 4 characters doing multiple writs at maximum level. From what I see, overall, is that I'm getting about 2-3 gold tempers, and usually 1-3 kuta every day. That's with only one character doing max on all crafts, 2 on two equipment crafts, and the final one of the four doing 1 equipment craft. So, it's usually a pretty good deal for me. I might spend about an hour and a half between 9 characters crafting total (the rest of them are at lower level writs), but I'm getting a lot of good stuff back in writs. I'm also usually getting 4-5 surveys at various levels per day. And often one or two glass motif fragments. I've also, in about a month, gotten all but one piece for a third personal copy of the psijiic ambrosia recipe, from doing 5 food crafting writs a day.

That's on pc, and hopefully it gives you an idea of what you can get from doing the writs.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just like Hirelings, Writs are something that you need to do on more than one character, otherwise you will be frustrated with the process and results there of.

I get Golds from Writ rewards, but not every day on every character. I do tend to get one a day, but only because I do writs on 4 to 6 characters each day.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• raasdal
    raasdal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for all the answers :) I am however confused by the way you are answering.

@Nestor - When you get one a day, for 4 to 6 characters, is that one writ per char, or are you making 3 writs (cloth, smith, wood) on all of them, and only walking away with one gold temper.

I just started doing writs, and have done probably 15. 10 blacksmit and 5 cloth. And have received around 6 gold tempers and 4 surveys.

So based on my sparse history, i am getting gold tempers on about 40-50% of all writs. Does this match up with you guys? If you should estimate the chance of any given writ to produce a gold temper, what would the chance be?
    PC - EU
    Gromag Gro-Molag - Sorcerer - EP
    Dexion Velus - Dragonknight - AD
    Chalaux Erissa - Nightblade - AD
    Firiel Erissa - Templar - AD
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @raasdal

It depends, some characters only do Consumable Writs, some do Equipment Writs. Some do both. Some days, they do more writs than others.

I have gone weeks and not gotten a survey or a gold temper in my writ containers, then, like currently, I tend to get a gold temper more often than not. And Surveys 33% to 50% of the time.

It really boils down to RNG. Honestly, if I had not been collecting Gold Tempers since the games release more than two years ago, I probably would not have any Legendary Gear right now.

Writs do have a higher chance to give you a gold temper in the reward container, but I get just as many from Refining raw mats as I do from Writs. But, even that is RNG too.

The last thing you want to do is take past experiences with any loot drops and try to predict the future rates at which those things will happen. Sunday a guildmate whispered me as he had found 8 Nirns, 6 of them for the weapons, in an hour in Craglorn. He asked me what he should do, I told him to do nothing to relog or rezone, don't go into any delves, and farm until his butt feel asleep. He picked up several more Nirns that day. Today, he went back and after an hour, no Nirns. He told me yesterday he was grrring me for suggesting he farm until he drops, today he thanked me.

Edit Added Bolding
    Edited by Nestor on June 6, 2016 9:00PM

• disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes RNG can be mean one day great the next. I got 3 fortified nirncrux from one clothing survey map on the weekend and have had 1 of each (fortified and potent) from the one node previously - but I would not expect to see either of those events again.

I religiously do every writ, every day, for 4 characters and would probably only average 1 gold temper per craft per day in total from this. I do however get about 5 or 6 survey maps every day and refining the raw materials I get from the crafting maps at least matches what I get from delivering the writs (which matches with Nestors experience).

All I can say is don't give up based an a couple of lousy days because one good day can make up for it.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK, here are the reports from 2 days worth of writs:

Each Day:
    6 Provisioning Writs
    3 Enchanting Writs
    3 Alchemy
    3 Equipment Writs

Thursday only one character got any Golds from writs, 3 of them. Got 4 Golds from Refining 2 Surveys and an Ambrosia Fragment
    Friday Morning only one character got any Golds from Writs, and only got 1 of them. I did pull 5 golds from refining about 200 Raw Metals though.
    Hirelings, no Golds at all

Based on this, if you only have one character doing Writs, your going to be disappointed most days of the week.

• J4YDEE
    J4YDEE
    My experience with writs, having been doing them for a good few months on one character, is 'good days & bad days' but it's still the excitement of 'what's in the box' that keeps me interested.