Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Back in the game.. lv 34 templar and no idea how to proceed..

Venturina
Venturina
Soul Shriven
Hey guys,

I haven't played since about 1 year. So i logged in the game again and had to recognize that all my skillpoints where resetted..
I have a magica build and i wanted to go for heal and dd.. but I have no idea what to skill and what to craft?
I have no idea how to join dungeons and so on..
can you help me to build a good templar?
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'll do a quick run down of templar skills for heal/dps

Puncturing sweep, magicka morph and bread&butter melee attack, especially for trash mobs.

Aurora Javelin, magicka morph, great range, good cc with damage.

I would go with toppling charge, assuming it's not bugged, good cc gap closer if you do close up fighting.

Luminous shards for support, blazing spear for offense. I personally like blazing more, it being my primary cc, goes better with puncturing sweep.

Don't teally bother with the shield any more.

Been looking at Radial Sweep since they changed the the damage type on Dawn breaker.

Depending on the types of fights you mainly encounter, vampire bane for damage, reflective light for mobs, particularly when grinding.

Dark Flare had damage increased a while back

Probably give backlash a pass, your build will likely want to avoid taking damage.

Total dark has the reflect, incuding arrows now, one target at a time. Unstable Core, stronger explosion, no reflect, multiple targets at the same time.

Radiant Destruction, big damage dealer, undodgable. I go with radiant glory myself, as I tend to use it at the end of a fight.

Nova, good on boss fights or wall breaches.

Rushed ceremony, the emergency heal. Breath of life loss one extra heal, down to 2. I've been using honor the dead since for cost efficiency. As a templat healer, this plus good spell crits will save someone from death.

Healing ritual, pass

You'll want repentance which will be needed in some fights.

Purifying ritual became a damage aoe, you'll want extended ritual for your personal clense now.

Channeled focus for resource return.

Remembrance, will make FG gold key pledge much easier.

Restoration staff, you'll want healing springs, regeneration (don't remember which morph), combat prayer, and healing ward. Slot based on the given fight.

Definitely a good idea to get the war horn and barrier ults from the alliance war line, much less of a grind now. Purge is strictly group only now.

For your sets, balance damage and regen as you need it. Crafted sets to look at: Kagrenac's Hope, Seducer, Law of Julianos, and Magnus's Gift.

Spell Power Cure is good, but you need to grind for it.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We need specifics i.e. platform also pve or pvp or both.

Can never go wrong with five kags and three or four Magnus. Torug x 2 is good for spell power and Julianos is best but then sustain becomes a problem even for high elf. I recommend destro resto at first then duel wield resto then if pvp sword and board with resto staff I go precise healing staff. Those who say Nirn or powered have not tested it. I go three infused on head chest legs and divine on rest. Atronach Mundas although some players choose all divines on armor with ritual mundus does work or thief as well.

Ritual of retribution, purifying light, breath of life, Healing springs, rapid regen, repentance, and blazing blazing spear, rune focus. Rest is optional. Barrier ult help regen if allow alliance war rank is good.
    Edited by DHale on June 8, 2016 4:57PM
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.