Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Looking for nb mains, newbie q/a

mechsauc3
mechsauc3
✭✭
Wanting to tryout NB and see why everytime i look at forums, NB seems to never get nerf lol..

Im focused on PvP, high burst.. in and out with survivability.. my playstyle is like a rogue in WoW... watch the fight erupt and wait for the opportunity to finish a low hp enemy. But i also want to just dive into the fight for lulzz and not get 1shot

Magicka or Stam? managing resource won't be a huge problem for me, ill just have to learn first.

- Better dmg output?
- What race for min/maxing
- smooth leveling, low downtime, fast kills, fast map clears ( moving a to b after a quest is done )
- Which would compete in a chance for EMP?

Im a newbie, here coming from many mmorpg.. this game has bright future and loving the flow of how devs are doing with the game.. except that there's no duels "yet"
  • HawkStan
    HawkStan
    Hey!
    Your playstyle fits magica nb's best. The in-out playstyle is 100% magica nb. For raw dmg output: stamina does win in this perspective, except when bombing zergs.
    Best race: breton or high elf.
    Smooth leveling: if questing just build your character as you like, if grinding start stamina with dualwield for the aoe and dualwield leveling and switch to magica on high level (because you get magica aoe fairly late)
    As for traveling: a horse. If you dont have one both stam and magica are fine. Stam can run longer and magica can use double take + concealed weapon passive + cloak.
    As for emp: both are up there with the best pvp classes, so yes, both can get emp.
    As for builds: google is your friend.

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any questions.

Hawk
    #VMA token system
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A stamina NB with a bow and 2H can also work,

2H can be used as a buff bar and the bow to nuke low health targets.

NB is the perfect class for this,
    however if you roll a stam NB you will want to go for a redguard, woodelf, Khajit or dark elf..

Edited by Johngo0036 on June 6, 2016 8:52AM
    PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

• olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I run a nb with this playstyle in mind. I use stamina with bow and 2h, best races are redguard, imperial, woodelf or khajit.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • MrTarkanian48
    MrTarkanian48
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have both stam and mag NB. I prefer Stamina for PVP, because it has more burst damage. Magicka NB can use cloak much more often, but I just can seem to burst people down as easily.

IMO their are two main ways you can play a stam NB. Either a well rounded sustained build, or a very high damage gank burst build.

If you want to go the sustained route choose a Redguard (or maybe Wood Elf). 5 pc Hundings, 3 agility, 1 kena, 1 Bloodspawn, (all Impen gear) Maelstrom 2H/Maelstrom Bow. If you dont have the Monster Helms/Maelstrom Weapons you can go 3 pc Ashen Grip or Night Mothers Gaze. Maybe go werewolf, but avoid Vampire so you are less squishy.

If you want a stealthy gank build. Wood Elf. Vampire. 2H buff bar, Bow on Main bar. 5 Alchemist (including backbar 2H). 2 Lekis, 1 Kena,(All divines with Warrior or Shadow Mundus) Sharpened Maelstrom Bow. Sneak around and drink potion on back bar and swap to front bar and nuke people from stealth.

Wood Elf Stam NB (PVP)
    Redguard Stam Sorc (PVP)
    Altmer NB (DPS)
    Imperial DK (Tank)
    Redguard DK (DPS)
    Altmer Templar (Healer)

EP - PS4