Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Need help specing my Stam DK - LF Tank build

Kailido
Kailido
Soul Shriven
Hey guys

I've looked in many places, including in-game and i don't seem to find a good DK build that is easy enough to get along with, either tank or dps. I used some online tank guide for quite a while but it really is a weird build, even tho it worked just fine for dungeons, but i'd really like something more in depth, like some kind of guide with not a defined range of abilities, but with several abilities to choose from, along with possible gear.
I really want to understand the build that i'm making and not just copy one and struggle with it.

Thanks in advance
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Conceptually a Stam dk synergies with several playstyles, which are you after?

Range dps
    Melee dps
    Mitigate tank
    Support tank
    Hybrid dps/tank
    Hybrid dps/support
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • Kailido
    Kailido
    Soul Shriven
    I'd like to tank but be able to switch bars and gear and do dps if requested/needed
  • ThePaleItalian
    ThePaleItalian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do Sword & Board and 2 handed. It works well for me.

My Bars go:

Main bar - 2 handed - Critical Rush, Carve, Venomous Claw, Noxious Breath, Rally, Flawles Dawnbreaker

Gap closer, aoe with Ultimate gain, aoe dot, single target dot, Rally for heal over time and damage buff, and dawnbreaker for passive weapon damage.

I don't like wreaking blow and executioner too much in PvE, just feels slow to me, but fun in PvP. But you can switch them out if you want.

Second bar - S&B - Shield Assault, Heroic Slash, Igneous Weapons, Burning Talons, Coagulating Blood, Aggressive War Horn

Gap, closer, ultimate gain, Igneous can be swapped for a bash attack or Defensive Stance, just depends on your situation. Talons is your AOE CC, Blood is your big heal, but swap it for Resolving Vigor when you get it. Huge heal for you. War Horn is great in Dungeons and your party will love you.

This is something that is working for me now. But with DB hitting next week on consoles I went this way for the changes coming.

You can always switch talents out that you like or you find more usefull in a situtation.

I do not have my armor set up yet due to the changes incoming nor am I maxed out on my champion points. So I will not offer much but here is my plan:

The Steed 75
    The Lady 47
    The Lord 45

The Tower 77
    The Lover 90

The Apprentice 7
    The Atronach 40
    The Ritual 120

I also did 15 in health and 50 in stam.

Mundus you can go Tower or Warrior, I am still up in the air.

You can use enchants for what you want to buff and don't forget food. getting 4 or 5k on a food buff is huge. I use food constantly.

I hope this helps or at least gives you an idea of something you wanna try. Like I said I will do some tweeking with DB coming and there are a ton of builds out there. So make sure you do something you enjoy.

Sorry for the long post. Good luck

KCCO!
    Conan, what is good in life?
    Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.

PS4 Screen Name: The_Pale_Italian
    ZweiHandler - Orc DK Tank
    Solstice StormHaven - Magika Sorc
    Oba Nobanaga - Stam NB
  • devilsTear
    devilsTear
    ✭✭✭
    I do Sword & Board and 2 handed. It works well for me.

My Bars go:

Main bar - 2 handed - Critical Rush, Carve, Venomous Claw, Noxious Breath, Rally, Flawles Dawnbreaker

Gap closer, aoe with Ultimate gain, aoe dot, single target dot, Rally for heal over time and damage buff, and dawnbreaker for passive weapon damage.

I don't like wreaking blow and executioner too much in PvE, just feels slow to me, but fun in PvP. But you can switch them out if you want.

Second bar - S&B - Shield Assault, Heroic Slash, Igneous Weapons, Burning Talons, Coagulating Blood, Aggressive War Horn

Gap, closer, ultimate gain, Igneous can be swapped for a bash attack or Defensive Stance, just depends on your situation. Talons is your AOE CC, Blood is your big heal, but swap it for Resolving Vigor when you get it. Huge heal for you. War Horn is great in Dungeons and your party will love you.

This is something that is working for me now. But with DB hitting next week on consoles I went this way for the changes coming.

You can always switch talents out that you like or you find more usefull in a situtation.

I do not have my armor set up yet due to the changes incoming nor am I maxed out on my champion points. So I will not offer much but here is my plan:

The Steed 75
    The Lady 47
    The Lord 45

The Tower 77
    The Lover 90

The Apprentice 7
    The Atronach 40
    The Ritual 120

I also did 15 in health and 50 in stam.

Mundus you can go Tower or Warrior, I am still up in the air.

You can use enchants for what you want to buff and don't forget food. getting 4 or 5k on a food buff is huge. I use food constantly.

I hope this helps or at least gives you an idea of something you wanna try. Like I said I will do some tweeking with DB coming and there are a ton of builds out there. So make sure you do something you enjoy.

Sorry for the long post. Good luck

KCCO!

No taunts?
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    yodased wrote: »
    Conceptually, all classes have several playstyles, which are you after?

Range dps
    Melee dps
    Mitigate tank
    Support tank
    Hybrid dps/tank
    Hybrid dps/support

Fixed that for you.

Nothing in your list is unique to dks
  • ThePaleItalian
    ThePaleItalian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @devilsTear

Sorry, the weapons off the second bar for Pierce armor. I dont run a taunt in PVP. Forget about the PvE spec.

You can also take the critical charge off for the Inner Fire taunt from the Mages guild line. If you need a range one.

Thanks for pointing that out to me. Sorry for the confusion.
    Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.

Oba Nobanaga - Stam NB
  • Kailido
    Kailido
    Soul Shriven
    @ThePaleItalian

Thanks, i was thinking about something similar to that too, but i wsnt sure, and your build also gives me some tips if i ever want to do PvP
  • ThePaleItalian
    ThePaleItalian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kailido wrote: »
    @ThePaleItalian

Thanks, i was thinking about something similar to that too, but i wsnt sure, and your build also gives me some tips if i ever want to do PvP

No problem.

I run with a good group of my friends so I am always the one running out to get hit first, you can use the S&B taunt to lower their resistances which can help your team. But I have alot of fun. My gear isnt maxed yet, but no point with the DLC coming.

But always place the skills and stuff you like, it can be clunky to always be changing but even where you map your buttons help. Since I play on PS4, my rotation is just a circle with heals on the can trigger and AOE on the other, that way when you switch bars you dont need to change your finger presses :D

Oba Nobanaga - Stam NB
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    exeeter702 wrote: »
    yodased wrote: »
    Conceptually, all classes have several playstyles, which are you after?

Range dps
    Melee dps
    Mitigate tank
    Support tank
    Hybrid dps/tank
    Hybrid dps/support

Fixed that for you.

Nothing in your list is unique to dks

uhm ok, thanks? Changing the decription mattered that much to you, happy you got enjoyment
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • devilsTear
    devilsTear
    ✭✭✭
    @devilsTear

Sorry, the weapons off the second bar for Pierce armor. I dont run a taunt in PVP. Forget about the PvE spec.

You can also take the critical charge off for the Inner Fire taunt from the Mages guild line. If you need a range one.

Thanks for pointing that out to me. Sorry for the confusion.

I that that was a PvE setup you posted, I run something similar in pvp with my stamDk that's also a PvE tank. S&b + 2hander is fun :smile: