Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Completing the "Litany of Blood" help.

jacobp20
jacobp20
Soul Shriven
First let me state the problem I have been having with this Dark Brotherhood quest. I am level 11, and I cannot travel to other areas to kill the other intended targets. Do I have to wait until I am level 50 and have beaten the main story line in order to complete this quest, or is there some other way of doing it.

thanks for reading!
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You no longer have to do the MQ to access the other zones, just finish the Main Alliance zones to unlock those areas. Even then, you really only have to do the last zone's main quests (then Coldharbor?), but your not going to do that at L11.

I had thought with TG and DB the other areas of the game would be unlocked for quests, but maybe not. If this is a random daily quest you have to do, then abandon it, and see if you get another place to go to. Otherwise, you may just have to wait until you have unlocked that content.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Silver and Gold zones unlock at level 50, so yes, you need to wait. Or power your way through the alliance/main quest, I guess. But both of those require leveling.

The Litany of Blood is an achievement/sidequest, not a quest, per se. You should only get Marked for Death quests for your alliance, but the Litany of Blood requires traversing the world and therefore being able to do so.
    Edited by rhapsodious on June 6, 2016 7:15PM
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    jacobp20 wrote: »
    First let me state the problem I have been having with this Dark Brotherhood quest. I am level 11, and I cannot travel to other areas to kill the other intended targets. Do I have to wait until I am level 50 and have beaten the main story line in order to complete this quest, or is there some other way of doing it.

thanks for reading!

I found a way around this,.Do the repeatable quests on the tip board in the Thieve';s Guild,in Hew's Bane.They will take you to every zone,opening up those wayshrines so that after you do them,you can go back anytime.This way,I plan to do the entirety of the Litany quests. I am AD and only level 15,and havent done all the quests in Auridon yet.I still got to go to Grahtwood so far,and Malobal Tor.
    Edited by Volkodav on June 8, 2016 10:20AM
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    You no longer have to do the MQ to access the other zones, just finish the Main Alliance zones to unlock those areas. Even then, you really only have to do the last zone's main quests (then Coldharbor?), but your not going to do that at L11.

I had thought with TG and DB the other areas of the game would be unlocked for quests, but maybe not. If this is a random daily quest you have to do, then abandon it, and see if you get another place to go to. Otherwise, you may just have to wait until you have unlocked that content.

The Litany isn't a quest. Well, technically it is, but it resolves by talking to someone in the sanctuary and receiving a physical copy of the Litany itself.

What they're actually talking about is an achievement that tasks you with assassinating 15 individuals scattered across the entire game world. It rewards you with the Executioner title and the Cadaverous Assassin transformation. It's similar, in scope, to This One's on Me, or I Like M'aiq, not something you're expected to finish at level 11.
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

The Litany isn't a quest. Well, technically it is, but it resolves by talking to someone in the sanctuary and receiving a physical copy of the Litany itself.

What they're actually talking about is an achievement that tasks you with assassinating 15 individuals scattered across the entire game world. It rewards you with the Executioner title and the Cadaverous Assassin transformation. It's similar, in scope, to This One's on Me, or I Like M'aiq, not something you're expected to finish at level 11.

Yeas,but you need to do them all before you can do any more dailies.Or at least that's what I have found.I go back,but am told to use the books clues to kill them.No more offers.