Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Re; THE BOW

Lilygoat
Lilygoat
Hi everyone, and yes I will not stop talking about my woodelf bow girl. Because in my oppinion the game makers have done us wrong, why? Because now at Vet lev 8, the bow is real bad, but I will not give it up. I have a new character wizard, healer, this character at lev 8, was at an amazing higher level, then the bow elf was at 30 levels higher. And I will keep on asking for much more better improvements, for us bow players. There is way too big a difference, between the bow players and the wizard players. In the older brothers Elder Scrolls games, the bows were much more better, then they are now. I for one say I want much better improvements in the bow. Thank you and I will keep coming back, till you game makers improve my bow.
  • Lilygoat
    Lilygoat
    Lilygoat wrote: »
    Hi everyone, and yes I will not stop talking about my woodelf bow girl. Because in my oppinion the game makers have done us wrong, why? Because now at Vet lev 8, the bow is real bad, but I will not give it up. I have a new character wizard, healer, this character at lev 8, was at an amazing higher level, then the bow elf was at 30 levels higher. And I will keep on asking for much more better improvements, for us bow players. There is way too big a difference, between the bow players and the wizard players. In the older brothers Elder Scrolls games, the bows were much more better, then they are now. I for one say I want much better improvements in the bow. Thank you and I will keep coming back, till you game makers improve my bow.

Bow, Bow, how I do love my Bow
  • NBAballar18
    NBAballar18
    ✭✭
    Lilygoat wrote: »

Hey I use a bow on my vet 8 DK and I have to say the bow is my favorite. To be it is perfect not to weak but not to string, I don't think they should change anything.. u must not have it upgraded right or just using wrong abilities
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Lilygoat - I agree totally with everything you have posted.

Unfortunately you are comparing apples to oranges here...
    Sorcerer as a whole is THE strongest class in the game, by a looooong way...

You are comparing a class to a weapon skill tree and there can be no comparison, imo...

I remember back in 1.6 when the bow was actually worth using as primary and secondary weapon but now it is just a backup to WB in most cases... Huge pity as i too have a bow man.
    PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

• DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The bow is meant to be a great support weapon. It's great at range, like it should. But you can't expect it to be also as great in close quarter combat like a 2h or dw. I love my bow and works perfect.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Out of interest @Lilygoat what setup do you run? Skills / CP?
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • J4YDEE
    J4YDEE
    I'm a redguard assassin/dual weald stamina build and bow is my second bar, anyone got any good suggestions for the abilities as I do find it a bit weak? And how best to use the assassin with it?
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have always used a bow.Well,tbh,I tried a great sword,but didnt like it and came back to bow.
    I use it for my main,and as a close up back up set I use two Outlaw Swords.
    I'm a Stamina Nightblade,and we have some great skills that make using a bow perfect.
  • Bearded_Gorilla
    Even though I'm only a low level currently I find the bow the best weapon especially with the nightblade class as you have some close up abilities (which work well on finishing) but mainly taking the advantage of distance and dodging a lot more than the other classes and then finishing with your seconded or ability I found anyway.
    - Level 36 - Nord - Nightblade - Ebonheart Pact - EU -
    - Wood worker/ Clothier - Archer/2H -
    - Unattired Elven Dancers -
  • joker0137
    joker0137
    ✭✭✭
    I love my bow x
    Just A White Line Nightmare

PS4 EU server
  • AddictionX
    AddictionX
    ✭✭✭✭
    bow does suck :/ its main uses.... ganking.... or support, but really it has no way defend once close up.

Bow is not on par with its magicka ranged counter part. Its strange to think that typically rangers are the counter toward sorcs.... cause once you catch one close you're supposed to be at a disadvantage... instead they have the best defense close up..
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AddictionX wrote: »
    bow does suck :/ its main uses.... ganking.... or support, but really it has no way defend once close up.

Bow is not on par with its magicka ranged counter part. Its strange to think that typically rangers are the counter toward sorcs.... cause once you catch one close you're supposed to be at a disadvantage... instead they have the best defense close up..

Bow is a stamina support weapon, it's not the main offence weapon.

IRL if someone uses a bow and an enemy gets into melee range would the bow user still sit there using a bow or would they use a melee ranged weapon?
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    AddictionX wrote: »

I use my bow for my main,with a dual wield set of short swords on my secondary bar for close encounters.
    Works great for me.
  • Farorin
    Farorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bow is under powered compared to other weapons, it's DPS is less, it's sustain is less, and it's synergy between it's on abilities is poor.

Bow's only advantage is the ability to use it at a range in PVP, or as a supporting weapon to a melee weapon, even then, it isn't unique in it's ability to do those things.

Maining a bow, or having two bow bars is crippling yourself. and it shouldn't be like this, bows should be a viable weapon choice to main, rather than just for support.

I have been playing and using bows and trying to main them since beta, and have had reasonable success with them, but nowhere near as much success as I have had with Destro staff, dual wield, 2 handed, or sword and shield. (Not including resto staff as it is a whole completely different ball game and fits it's own niche).
  • Lilygoat
    Lilygoat
    Hi, am a woodelf, nightblade, so you all know, I, will, NEVER, give up on my bow. Has been, hard as compared to Skyrim. Will also admit she does try to keep, a very lot of filled soul gems, at all times.From lev 1 to vet lev 14, with not as much as I thought, would be possible, with my attatched bow. But I will not give up on it.
  • Vythri
    Vythri
    ✭✭✭✭
    DannyLV702 wrote: »
    The bow is meant to be a great support weapon. It's great at range, like it should. But you can't expect it to be also as great in close quarter combat like a 2h or dw. I love my bow and works perfect.

It's just a shame that the Bow's only CC is basically a melee range skill. You're correct that the bow is meant to play at range, yet they don't give you the correct tools to allow that to happen. Especially in the days of the gap closer.
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Farorin wrote: »
    Bow is under powered compared to other weapons, it's DPS is less, it's sustain is less, and it's synergy between it's on abilities is poor.

Bow's only advantage is the ability to use it at a range in PVP, or as a supporting weapon to a melee weapon, even then, it isn't unique in it's ability to do those things.

Maining a bow, or having two bow bars is crippling yourself. and it shouldn't be like this, bows should be a viable weapon choice to main, rather than just for support.

I have been playing and using bows and trying to main them since beta, and have had reasonable success with them, but nowhere near as much success as I have had with Destro staff, dual wield, 2 handed, or sword and shield. (Not including resto staff as it is a whole completely different ball game and fits it's own niche).

Actually,I have a bow,and dual wield,and that bow saves my tail so many times.I use my bow as a main,and the two swords for close battle. Having an NB its easier to use ranged weapons,and I find staffs to be a bit hinky.I cant guarantee they will give me the damage I need to take down a foe.I sling arrows and run circles around a boss,which is how I killed Molag Bal.I didnt use pots,just the bow and my skills geared for that bow.