Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Werewolf Bite for low level

Jelek
Jelek
Soul Shriven
As the title suggests im a low level looking for a werewolf bite, just started the game but always play a wold in Morrowind and Skyrim

help would be much appreciated
Xbox: blue wombat1124
in-game: RatKingJostar
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, if you're new to the game, I wouldn't recommend getting bitten. It's not as brutal as it once was, but running the werewolf quest below ~16 will kick your teeth in, if you're not familiar with the mechanics.

The same thing's true, more or less, for low level vampires.

It is possible, but you're looking at finishing a level 38 quest to actually become either.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To add to the above, the WW Skill Levels (I think, for sure on Vampire) are scaled to L38 Mobs, so it will take forever to level the skill at levels lower than that since the mobs give so much less exp.
    Edited by Nestor on June 7, 2016 9:13PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    To add to the above, the WW Levels (I think, for sure on Vampire) are scaled to L38 Mobs, so it will take forever to level the skill at levels lower than that since the mobs give so much less exp.

Yeah. More or less.

Werewolf gains XP based on the number of kills you make while transformed. You need a total of 225 kills to advance from WW1 to WW10. In theory, that means you can grind out the skill line in about 1 to 2 hours.

The skills themselves are calibrated for characters around level 40, so, like Nestor said, you won't be upgrading or morphing any of those skills for a long time.

Vampire advancement is almost in the "don't even bother" range, though. The Vampire skill line advances based on your XP received. Unlike class, weapon, and armor skill lines, it is not modified by having vampire skills equipped. This means if you become a Vampire at ~level 16, you won't reach Vampire 10 until ~level 42. However, the skill line advancement for Vampire precisely matches your level XP requirements from 38-48, so if you become a vampire at 38, you'll reach mastery at 48.

If you've got the skills permanently on your bar, they will scale up at a reasonable (but slow) rate. But you're going to spend a long time before you get access to things like Batswarm or Nightstalker's Footsteps.

Incidentally, you can slot the werewolf skills onto your normal bar. They don't do anything there, but they will accrue XP and gradually improve. That said... this still isn't something you really want to be doing, except as a grinding exercise.
  • ShedsHisTail
    ShedsHisTail
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Think you can just Crown Store it, can't you?
    "As an online discussion of Tamrielic Lore grows longer, the probability of someone blaming a Dragon Break approaches 1." -- Sheds' Law
    Have you seen the Twin Lamps?
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Think you can just Crown Store it, can't you?

Yep. Which skips the quest and instantly gives you the skill line.

Honestly... I'd call that a waste, since the actual abilities are easily available, but its your money.

That said, even with the Crown Store, I still wouldn't recommend people grabbing the transforms on their first character. If you've already run someone up and have a grasp of the game, it's cool. But Werewolf has a real skill floor you need to reach, before the ability's worth having.

Used to be, I would have said the same thing about Vampires. It was a different kind of consideration, but... since the DB overhaul of them, that's less true. Though, at the same time, I still wouldn't recommend it, simply because you wouldn't be getting much out of it for a long time.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Werewolf gains XP based on the number of kills you make while transformed. You need a total of 225 kills to advance from WW1 to WW10. In theory, that means you can grind out the skill line in about 1 to 2 hours.

@starkerealm

Thanks, was not sure exactly how WW Leveled. But, yea, the skill increases would be hard to come by at lower levels.

Edited by Nestor on June 7, 2016 9:12PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

@starkerealm

Thanks, was not sure exactly how WW Leveled.

Yeah, it's a flat 5xp per kill while transformed. The XP per level starts at 25 and increases by 25 for each subsequent level. So 25, 50, 75, ect. So, 5 kills to rank 2, 10 to rank 3, 15 to rank 4, and so on.

Used to be it would even award skill line XP if you were killing enemies far below your level, which is why you'd sometimes see vet werewolves wrecking starter islands. I don't know if that's still the case, however.