Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Why isnt there a marketplace sub-section?

Serenityx
Serenityx
✭✭✭
Atleast in a game that chooses not to support text chat on consoles, and not to have global auction house function, Im wondering why ZOS seems to frown upon posts made for selling/trading items and why there isnt a marketplace subsection. I read through the forum community rules and didnt find any reasoning as to why their isnt a marketplace sub-section, only not to make such posts for in game trading. Again, especially because text chat is not supported on console platforms and their is no server wide auction house.

To avoid any potential lock on this thread, Im not questioning any moderation of such posts. I understand why they would be locked because they are not in the right section for in-game trading, because is there no section for trading. Soo, why is this? /:
Edited by Serenityx on June 6, 2016 6:30PM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because ZOS does not want to get into moderating or regulating the free trade between players. As soon as someone posts something for sale here, then an issue arises from it, ZOS will be dragged into the fray over a he said/she said/they said kind of thing.

Then there is the updating of the listing, what happens if the product sells, but the seller does not pull down the listing, then ZOS will get drug into that mess and blamed for not updating the listings.

I could go on, but you get the idea.

I can't blame them really.

There are some websites out there that support this kind of thing if you want to list it on the web and maintain that listing.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Serenityx
    Serenityx
    ✭✭✭
    Thats an interesting point of view, I think all of the problems you mentioned could be easily taken care of with basic rules and guidelines for the sub-section and if they are broken, like anywhere else it could just end with a lock. I dont feel they should be liable for anything posted there but if anyone feels like ZOS is accountable for others actions they could make a short disclaimer simply stating otherwise.. Also, why would ZOS have to mediate problems between us players? I guess if someone gets caught scamming or being shady in some way it might be an issue with their "naming and shaming rule" if someone feels the need to call them out. Still a seemingly simple fix as threads can be deleted snipped etc and players can be reported. It doesnt seem to me atleast that it would cause many problems (enough to merit not having a marketplace section at all)

Im really hoping to get a forum mod to answer this? Im really curious what issues this would cause to ZOS or just something more than the community rules about "not doing it".
    Edited by Serenityx on June 7, 2016 3:51PM