The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Mementos fixed

daemonios
daemonios
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I got the blade of woe memento from the DB storyline, but when I tried to use it I got nothing. So I tried the Almalexia lamp, but that too failed to go off. Are mementos broken since the patch? I can't try any other mementos now but will give it a go later and update the thread.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you in Cyro? They are disabled there.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    Are you in Cyro? They are disabled there.

Nope. Not in Cyrodiil.
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ill test when I get home from work.
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • Madlark
    Madlark
    ✭✭
    Same here - don't have Blade of Woe, but all other mementos just stopped working.
    GM - [Trade, PC EU] The Forbidden Cleavage - pm to join
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Confirmed that mementos aren't working for me, regardless of location.

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom could you look into this? I can't block portals with the jubilee cake or put Almalexia's light on unsuspecting bystanders anymore! My game is ruined! /drama
    Edited by daemonios on June 4, 2016 2:56PM
  • runagate
    runagate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Some mementos are working for me from the quick slot menu, some do intermittently, and others don't at all. Especially the exploding feather critter launching wand. The black court whistle, on the other hand, seems to work most of the time.

Oftentimes it just causes the cooldown to initiate without anything happening.
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weekend is over, maintenance is over.

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom can we get some feedback on broken mementos please?
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    We're investigating this issue and could use your help gathering a few more details, as this doesn't look to be a consistent issue.

Which Mementos are not working for you?

Is this issue occurring on all characters or just certain ones? (If only certain ones, please list the character names and their alliance.)

Thank you!

Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • makreth
    makreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They all work for me....No problem.. just checked
  • MrDinnertime
    MrDinnertime
    Soul Shriven
    Yeah. I was messing around with Alexia's lantern last night in a dungeon, a few hours after the patch.
  • RavenRoxie
    RavenRoxie
    ✭✭✭✭
    My momentos have not worked since the DB patch aswell.
    Phantogram DC | Wood Elf | Magicka Nightblade/ | DPS | 856cp
    False Paradox | AD | Wood Elf | Non Combative Nightblade | Crafter | 856cp
    @RoxieParadoxx | Twitch | Twitter
  • LunchBoxChewy
    LunchBoxChewy
    ✭✭
    Same here, my mementos have not worked since the DB patch.
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We're investigating this issue and could use your help gathering a few more details, as this doesn't look to be a consistent issue.

Which Mementos are not working for you?

Is this issue occurring on all characters or just certain ones? (If only certain ones, please list the character names and their alliance.)

Thank you!

Thanks for checking in. I tested my four most played characters:
    - Náredhel (Sorcerer - DC)
    - Maeglin Lómion (Dragonknight - DC)
    - Sings-Vas-Mani (Templar - DC)
    - Yisra Mors'gotha (Dragonknight - DC)

I tested the following six mementos (testing them all on all my characters would take forever):
    - Almalexia's Enchanted Lantern
    - Jubilee Cake
    - Hidden Pressure Vent
    - Glanir's Smoke Bomb
    - Blade of the Blood Oath
    - Coin of Illusory Riches

On one character - Maeglin Lómion - all the mementos worked flawlessly. On every other character, none of the mementos worked at all. The quickslot UI icon didn't flash, the cooldown didn't start and there was no animation whatsoever.

Also, for the purpose of this test none of the characters were in Cyrodiil and none were wearing costumes/polymorphs/skins/personalities.
    Edited by daemonios on June 7, 2016 3:55PM
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just tested some random mementos and they all worked for me.

Did anyone with issues try disabling all their addons?
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Thanks for the info, everyone. We've identified the issue, and are working on a fix. In the meantime, you can avoid this issue by not having a Memento active when you zone and/or hit a loading screen.
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Patch notes are out and no mention of mementos. Aside from the fact that they should work in any case, Almalexia's Lamp in particular is extremely useful in dark dungeons. Do you have any idea when you'll be pushing a fix?
  • Catulo
    Catulo
    ✭✭✭✭
    I activated Almalexia's Lamp before I entered a dungeon (loading screen). Noe not one memento does work anymore.
    The patch maintenance just happened and still my mementos don't work.
    PC/EU
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I haven't messed with any mementos since cake. I'm not real familiar with them; are there any that give you status enhancements? More weapon damage or armor? Is it just the light thing?
  • Catulo
    Catulo
    ✭✭✭✭
    kylewwefan wrote: »
    I haven't messed with any mementos since cake. I'm not real familiar with them; are there any that give you status enhancements? More weapon damage or armor? Is it just the light thing?

As far as I see it, most of the mementos are there to support roleplay. They are funny little gimmicks, but they don't give any bonuses. The lamp on the other hand is very useful, especially when placed in your quickslot. You can even tag enemies with it.
    PC/EU
  • captainvideo
    captainvideo
    Soul Shriven
    Has anyone found a fix for this yet? As of today, after the patch (june 13), my mementos still do not work. I would like to be able to use that lamp again. I found it very useful in the thieves guild heists, and I think it would help in the DB sacrament missions, as some of the targets are in hidden rooms.
  • babedenny
    babedenny
    ✭✭✭✭
    All characters for me, and seems intermittent. I didn't notice this until today's patch.

Almalexia's Lantern
    Discourse Amaranthine
  • Catulo
    Catulo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jessica, any official statement? Please don't underestimate this bug, it really compromises gameplay, especially in dungeons and while playing together in groups.
    PC/EU
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another maintenance, no mention of motifs. And I've checked, they still don't work (I had some hope of a stealth fix).
  • Nighn_9
    Nighn_9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sounds like a 1st world problem
    NA / PC
    November Beta 2013
    WEBSITE LINK MY TWITCH
    WEBSITE LINK MY YOUTUBE
  • jknight201
    jknight201
    ✭✭✭
    Nighn_9 wrote: »

No, just a typical Zos problem. We're a couple patches out from the DB release and this issue still hasn't been fixed. As several people have pointed out it's a problem because some of the mementos are very useful in dungeon runs, trials, etc. Once your character gets locked out of mementos... you have no choice but to wait for some "future patch".
  • Plynkes
    Plynkes
    None of my mementos work on one character. Not any of them, at all, no matter what I do. She's the one that earned the majority of them.

All of them work on my other character, the one that hasn't actually done anything to earn them.
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nighn_9 wrote: »
    What did you expect? Discussions about world peace and sustainable development in a game forum? :)
  • nudel
    nudel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whelp just broke all mementos on my main character, using Finvir's Trinket when I opened a door. Any sign of a fix for this yet?
  • chuck-18_ESO
    chuck-18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the info, everyone. We've identified the issue, and are working on a fix. In the meantime, you can avoid this issue by not having a Memento active when you zone and/or hit a loading screen.

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom This fix isn't working for me. Currently I can't get any of my Mementos to work from any menu on my Daggerfall Covenant character, but my Aldmeri Dominion and Ebonheart Pact characters have no issues with them. Help :(
    The Exclusionary Mandates of Maruhkite Selection: All Are Equal

1: That the Supreme Spirit Akatosh is of unitary essence, as proven by the monolinearity of Time.
    1: That Shezarr the missing sibling is Singularly Misplaced and therefore Doubly Venerated.
    1: That the protean substrate that informs all denial of (1) is the Aldmeri Taint.
    1: That the Prophet Most Simian demonstrated that monothought begets Proper-Life.
    1: That the purpose of Proper-Life is the Expungement of the Taint.
    1: That the Arc of Time provides the mortal theater for the Sacred Expungement.
    1: That Akatosh is Time is Proper-Life is Taint-Death.
  • chuck-18_ESO
    chuck-18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Plynkes wrote: »
    None of my mementos work on one character. Not any of them, at all, no matter what I do. She's the one that earned the majority of them.

All of them work on my other character, the one that hasn't actually done anything to earn them.

This as my exact issue as well, the one who earned them can't seem to use them. Possibly coincidence but thought I'd add that.
    The Exclusionary Mandates of Maruhkite Selection: All Are Equal

1: That the Supreme Spirit Akatosh is of unitary essence, as proven by the monolinearity of Time.
    1: That Shezarr the missing sibling is Singularly Misplaced and therefore Doubly Venerated.
    1: That the protean substrate that informs all denial of (1) is the Aldmeri Taint.
    1: That the Prophet Most Simian demonstrated that monothought begets Proper-Life.
    1: That the purpose of Proper-Life is the Expungement of the Taint.
    1: That the Arc of Time provides the mortal theater for the Sacred Expungement.
    1: That Akatosh is Time is Proper-Life is Taint-Death.