Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Provisioning Writ Recipes

loonzy
loonzy
Soul Shriven
Are these recipes more valuable because people need them more for writs? Im asking because im new to the game and i have been doing the odd writ, but i cant do the provisioning writ because i dont have the banana surprise recipe. And ive travelled to grahtwood to check the guild traders but cant see it anywhere. Any advice greatly appreciated. Ps4 eu server if you happen to have one ;)

Best Answer

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The recipes are sold by NPC Merchants, for the most part, in the zone where the writ would ask for it. You may have to go to Auridon to buy it. That is where you would find L1 Recipes, L2 Recipes in Grahtwood, etc. You can buy the Writ Recipes for food from Chefs, the Drink Recipes from Brewers. Of course you can also find them in containers and guild kiosks. Note, you may find the recipe anywhere in a Guild Kiosk, but farming it and buying from NPCs, it will be limited by zone level.

Writ recipes tend to cost more as they are needed for writs. The NPC merchants sell them for an even higher price.

Note, you don't need to make the food or drink yourself. You can get someone to make it for you, or buy the finished product in a Guild Kiosk. Another Note, you need the Green Crafted Food and Drink, not the White loot drop items.
    Edited by Nestor on June 7, 2016 2:05PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Answer ✓